Archived talk about all the fraud you see guests do at target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick. Change. Artist.
She came in to buy a magazine and a water. She wanted to pay with a $100 bill. After the cashier accepted her cash and began to count the change, she changed her mind. She wanted to pay with a 10 she'd "just found". With the register still open the cashier hands her back the 100 and tries to figure out the new change count. She takes advantage of this confusing moment and makes a switch. She switches her 100 for a 20 in her purse in like .25 seconds. And tells the busy thinking cashier "uh excuse me you only gave me a 20." All done extremely quick so that the cashier still has the drawer open and the change count still up from the first $100 bill. The cashier at this point has melted into a useless puddle of confusion and the con artist often times reaches into the drawer and counts out there own "correct change". The influx of numbers on the simple cashiers brain causes malfunction, allowing the artist to take back just.....so much money.
There's a reason they're called con "artists". It can be kind of impressive sometimes lol. We were lucky when she tried her scam on a young (sort of dumb looking) cashier, who happened to be very attentive and quick-witted.

Last edited:
I have accepted $1000 in fake $100 bills knowing they were fake. I realized something was up when I saw their partner heading up front with all kinds of electronics while I was unlocking what they asked for. I let it play out very slowly at the register and led the guy through several cameras so we had everything we needed to build a case against their Chicago-based network of scammers and counterfeiters.

Secret Service was promptly notified.

I once had 3 guests in a row each use a $100 bill and bought maybe like $10-20 worth of items each. They all knew each other and it just seemed odd to me to get 3 $100's right in a row. They looked legit to me, but I still let my GSA know.

Coupon fraud... you had no intention to use the $300 in HBA products you purchased at another store with each item having a coupon. You're not fooling anyone. Fortunately, I have bosses that won't put up with it.

yes thank the target gods for that one!

I had the quick change artist who paid with a $100 but switched it out with a $20 & I gave her the proper change. She came back later & told the GSTL that she gave me a $100, showing the receipt where I'd entered the $100 as being tendered.
When they asked me, I said "No ma'am, you swapped it for a $20." When she demanded her change, I lifted the drawer up & said "I don't have any $100s in my drawer, never got any."
She then tried to accuse me of pocketing her $100 so I told the GSTL to ask AP to check the surveillance video.
She was rummaging around her purse & 'suddenly' found her bill so - never mind.
I gave her a level look & said "Apology accepted."
This is why we're supposed to scan the receipt & put it in as a fix-it, different payment but ain't nobody got time fo dat.

This is why we're supposed to scan the receipt & put it in as a fix-it, different payment but ain't nobody got time fo dat.
They know this crap too! Lol they take advantage of the cashier scrambling for time. Good thing we have people like you paying attention while they work lol. The lady in my post also "found" her missing bill right before she took off.

I had the quick change artist who paid with a $100 but switched it out with a $20 & I gave her the proper change. She came back later & told the GSTL that she gave me a $100, showing the receipt where I'd entered the $100 as being tendered.
When they asked me, I said "No ma'am, you swapped it for a $20." When she demanded her change, I lifted the drawer up & said "I don't have any $100s in my drawer, never got any."
She then tried to accuse me of pocketing her $100 so I told the GSTL to ask AP to check the surveillance video.
She was rummaging around her purse & 'suddenly' found her bill so - never mind.
I gave her a level look & said "Apology accepted."

Yep I do the fix a mistake because of this kind of slight of hand.. Keeps everything above board and prevents this kind of BS.. Speed score be dammed.

No wonder the fbi can't get counterfeiters .
yea our GSTL just wants us to accept them and than call them over... ugh... but yea I love finding counterfeits when I am in 239, I even found a very badly attempted new blue 100 dollar bill. ugh... if you are counterfeiting than you need to get a real job!

Not sure if this applies, but coming back from lunch, I saw a large, large lady get out of a black SUV. Plastered all over it, stickers advertising a weight loss supplement, imploring you to call her this instant.

Shenanigans. I call shenanigans.

Are you going to comment this on every thread? We get it, you don't like Obama....move on....
Oath2order is clearly being sarcastic and making fun of a certain individual from TBR who I will not name.

I'm pretty sure target is insured through the bank. So even if we get counterfeit money, we still take it, in less it is very fake. Target don't want lawsuits because you accuse someone of having fake money.

I'm pretty sure target is insured through the bank. So even if we get counterfeit money, we still take it, in less it is very fake. Target don't want lawsuits because you accuse someone of having fake money.
But fbi says you suppose to arrest counterfeiters.

But fbi says you suppose to arrest counterfeiters.

No, they don't. FBI doesn't handle counterfeit cash, the Secret Service does. The Secret Service says:

• Do not return it to the passer.
  • Delay the passer if possible.
  • Observe the passer's description, as well as that of any companions, and the license plate numbers of any vehicles used.
  • Contact your local police department or United States Secret Service field office. These numbers can be found on the inside front page of your local telephone directory.
  • Write your initials and the date in the white border areas of the suspect note.
  • Limit the handling of the note. Carefully place it in a protective covering, such as an envelope.
  • Surrender the note or coin only to a properly identified police officer or a U.S. Secret Service special agent.
http://www.secretservice.gov/money_receive.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back