Archived talk about all the fraud you see guests do at target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@luna831 If some one actually had counterfeit money, you would have to contact your LOD or AP and then they would contact the police not the FBI. Counterfeit money has become very rare, due to the fact that the US Treasury has changed the 50 and 100 bills, counterfeit $20s are more common. Target loses more money on credit card fraud and coupon fraud, then counterfeit money.

Opening the box of an item and then claiming to had found it already open, demanding a 50% discount.

Claiming they drove from another state because your store was the only store that told them we had 1 on hand but to find out we're out of stock, demanding a compensation.

I'd love to hear that at my store. 1.) We're nowhere near a state line. They would have to drive at least 5 hours into my state to reach us from the east. 2). There are no stores west of us. At all.

@luna831 If some one actually had counterfeit money, you would have to contact your LOD or AP and then they would contact the police not the FBI. Counterfeit money has become very rare, due to the fact that the US Treasury has changed the 50 and 100 bills, counterfeit $20s are more common. Target loses more money on credit card fraud and coupon fraud, then counterfeit money.
100s are the most common conterfits.

Your suppose to call fbi if there is counterfeit money.
No, not the FBI. The Secret Service is in charge of investigating counterfeit money and we're not the ones who are supposed to contact them. Let the GSA/GSTL or ever AP deal with that crap.

Does that have anything to do with your curiosity about sound-recorded video surveillance & AP?

I remember last month or so in cash office I found probably 10 or so Counterfeit 100s every week. Our ETL-AP got so fed up with it that he printed out the picture of the group that was doing it. I think the police got them because I have not found anything for a few weeks now, but I could be wrong.

I remember last month or so in cash office I found probably 10 or so Counterfeit 100s every week. Our ETL-AP got so fed up with it that he printed out the picture of the group that was doing it. I think the police got them because I have not found anything for a few weeks now, but I could be wrong.

So, I'm curious. Are these mostly older $100 bills? It seems the new ones would be a lot harder to counterfeit.

New ones have a larger face (more like a European note), more pronounced watermark, the denomination thread is 3-D & blue, the numerals in the lower r.h. corner flicker between green & gold when you tilt it back & forth.
There's lots more but that's what I got from my first touch.

We keep getting people trying to do a nonreceipt return with tiny or blurry copies of temporary id's that have expired. And not like it expired last week. We're taking like 2 or 3 years expired.

Then I had a lady try to return a Dyson she got at another store the day before. I was up for a back up at the service desk, so I was running on autopilot. The receipt looked a little funny, but I chalked it up to a paper jam when it printed.
So I get to the last part of the transaction and let her know she would get 50 in cash and the rest would get on a gift card. Then she argued th at she paid it all in cash. I call the gsa over. And while I'm waiting, I look over the receipt. She had cut the receipt, and removed the gift card payment info and used a pen to turn the dollar sign for the cash payment into a 5 so it read 550 paid in cash and taped it to the bottom.
I pointed it out to the gsa, and asked whether the amount was too high for her to override. She said no. The guest couldn't understand why we denied her refund. I pointed out the receipt had been altered and in this case she would have to go back to the store she purchased it at. She rebutted that she wasn't aware it had been altered and asked if we could just call the store. We said no, cause if it wasn't you who changed the receipt, then the have to look into it and blah blah blah.
She came back the next day and got her refund on a gift card.

Someone swapped one of the car seat / stroller display for their old one !
Their old one had vomit ( my guess ) on it ....
The only way I became suspicious was that the wheels were dirty !

We once had two guys come in and try to buy 13 pairs of jeans with fake coupons (not even believable coupons) so they could return them later and get cash back. Needless to say they didn't get far cause our AP guy was like "These $9.12 coupons are sketchy as hell!"

I had a guest try and bring in two coupons (worth about $8 total) today for a purchase he made earlier in the day, and "forgot" to use them. Looking at the receipt, I could see the staple holes from the receipt that had been attached (from when he already redeemed the coupons). I smiled at him and explained he would need to go back to that store for his refund.

Someone swapped one of the car seat / stroller display for their old one !
Their old one had vomit ( my guess ) on it ....
The only way I became suspicious was that the wheels were dirty !
Had a lady who did that with shoes a LOT....until an undercover busted her one day.

Lady bought a 50 inch TV, but didn't want help taking it out, just threw it in a regular shopping cart.
Comes back inside within 15 minutes saying it won't fit in her car so she wants to return it.
I open the box and the TV inside doesn't even match the brand on the box.... (also it had clearly been retaped)
Lady feigns suprise and outrage and demands a refund, asking "I only bought it 10 minutes ago!"
TL refuses refund, lady knows we are on to her and just leaves.

I do give her credit because she did switch that shit out pretty damn quick.

Guests returning Claritin obviously couponed.
Reason: They were extras for "gift baskets"....

And this... Thats three brands.... THREE brands.

10361408_10202015903025142_8892834703466448817_n.jpg

Speaking of suspect bills, I had to refuse to accept a $100 this week. The dude was pretty upset with me, he wanted change to buy some SBux and the bill acceptors wouldn't validate it, I tried three different machines at the service desk. He gave me another $100 that the acceptor took right away. Oh, he was pretty upset because he said he got it at the bank he works at... sure enough he had on a credit union polo and name tag on. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back