Archived Talking back to an LOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done it before, but it depends on the store and the LOD. I probably wouldn't with my STL because she already hates me, but if the others try to say I'm not working hard enough or insinuate I'm lazy I definitely get a little testy with them.

I yelled at our last ETL-LOG on his first day, and we were pals after that, so...

But I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Put it through the following "test:"

1. Am I right?
  2. Do I have facts to back up my "being right?"
  3. Am I being tactful? Meaning, can I achieve the same purpose by using logical wording instead of just raising my voice?
  4. Is it something that I can address later offstage by asking for a 1-on-1 with this LOD to discuss my side?

"Talking back" to an LOD would be no different then a team lead or ETL. A team lead may need to pass through an ETL but it is a small hurdle for something like insubordination. So ask yourself, would you be able to defend your decision with an ETL?

Depends on what you mean by 'talking back'.
It can be a case of 'challenging upwards' where you call out someone above you on a matter of policy or safety.
In a case like that you had better be 1) be absolutely right, 2) do it politely and professionally 3) document the interaction 4) be prepared for fallout.
Done properly you can fix problems.
Done badly ... it's not good.

I’ve probably lost my temper on every single leader that’s ever been in the store in the 5+ years I’ve been worked at Target. Only once was I given a warning to knock it off. Wouldn’t recommend it as it never really solves anything and if you pick the wrong TL you might regret it.

Anytime I do complain or flip out, I always have a reason they can’t argue with and that’s why I never really get into trouble for it.

I rarely have to talk back to any (current) leadership, but when I do, I do it like I do with a guest. Passive aggressively but like OVERLY polite so they can’t say I was rude or anything. Also helps to throw in target buzzwords, as related to the issue.

Very good point.
Always use the jargon and lay it on thick.

Very good point.
Always use the jargon and lay it on thick.
Yup. “I can’t provide fast fun and friendly service/create a great guest experience when...” “it’s harder for me to build the basket/save the sale when...”

And yeah being super polite always works. As much as I want to just be rude I don’t wanna get fired lol

I talk back to them. But not verbal. Body language.

1. No eye contact
2. Ignore them. Pretend that you don't see them.
3. When they give you orders, tell them you will do it but you just back out and if they tell you something why it wasn't done, just say you got sidetracked.
4. Just drag the shit out of your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back