Archived Target Annie....got a question for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
I get full time health benefits....our store is converting to the guest friendly schedule.
What is the number of hours I must work to guarantee full medical benefits?

I'm afraid that I'm going to lose hours and lose my health benefits.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one worried. Do you think I should call TMSC to confirm the hours?

How can spot have people work with full availability and then tell them (TMs) that EVERYONE will have shorter hours.

Is there any person that I can talk to about not getting my hours cut down to 25-26 hours a week?

We've just got a band new ETL-HR. I've seen her once so I don't know if I could approach her and find out what I can do......or should I talk to my ETL-GE?

Benefits number is 1.800.828.5850

Target hires people with open availability so they can schedule them when it's busy, or call them in to work.

Best way to get more hours is to cross train and pick up hours on the swap board. Let the gstls know you can work if they have a call in. Otherwise, no promises.

My fellow tm that get the most hours stop by or call, and talk to other tm to get any available hours.

It seems to me that since I have open availability I ought to be allowed to get more hours because of that. Wouldn't this make sense?

School students get their time based on their open times...and get their hours.

Best way to get more hours is to cross train and pick up hours on the swap board. Let the gstls know you can work if they have a call in. Otherwise, no promises.

My fellow tm that get the most hours stop by or call, and talk to other tm to get any available hours.

I understand the spot process......but when there are people like me who needs that 32 hour workweek and I've been working under this for several years.....so why mist I get punished because of the new scheduling?

Besides, I've been with my store since it opened in 2006. I'd like to think that my continued commitment (sp?) of seven years should make a difference with this new stuff.

How are your hours with this change?

Target is my only job and I cannot continue to get mussed-up by my GSTL and lose hours.

I'm so aggravated right now, pissed as H***, and feeling very angry, since I'm job hunting it is hard not to just walk right out of the store.

Our STL left spot this past week. He sure isn't anyone that I could talk to. If I call at Benefits do you think that they can connect me to someone who might be willing to help.

Part of me thinks that I should reapply to Target thru the EHR.....and let my group see that I'm looking in target. Would that make any difference at all?

Benefits can give you answers for the current year, and maybe some info for the coming year. Average hours info for bennies is calculated during the holidays and available to your etlhr in January. Once you sign up, they will stay the same for the next year. Probably your average will be high enough to keep your current level.

I echo your frustration. I'm feeling the same way.

Part of me thinks that I should reapply to Target thru the EHR.....and let my group see that I'm looking in target. Would that make any difference at all?

I'm not sure, but if you mean to another store, your current store will know pretty quickly.
The process for promotion takes months, but can be worth it.

Yes, I'm thinking about applying thru my store's eHR and then see what happens from there......of course, I might really get myself scr****!

Didn't anyone in the higher levels of Target think about what this new scheduling would do to people who work at Target as their only job? It's probably likely that the upper level people don't give a hoot!

Hopefully, all the short hours will cause lots of people to quit and then the stores would have to start hiring again for this holiday season.

It's all about making money.
We're all replaceable.
Nothing personal.
Just business.

The environment we used to have is gone. Must sell redcardz, and get appy!!

Our Redcard conversion score is over 4%......and they're still hounding us to get one every shift. We'll see how this works out when the cashiers are all being scheduled in four hour shifts.

I know that this is all about making money.....but they can't be making money if you have unhappy TMs because they'll be on 4 hour shifts, but still expected to do the work of the 7 or 8 hour shift.

With TMs being unhappy guests won't be feeling the good VIBE and they'll start to spend less time at Target and spend more time ar Kohl's and Macy's.
No guests......no business.....no money.......so who's scr**** now!

Perhaps the store I workout is the port in the storm, or I'm just still in the honeymooning period of being a new worker, but mine always has hours available. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's because we're about 15 people short on our flow and only about 2-3 of us each day can stay around to finish the flow team duties.

Alls I'm saying is I've worked 21 hours in the past 48 and I feel like a champ.

If you think Guest centered scheduling is bad...Just wait until 1st Quarter is added in there too :eek:

I'll have to see how it goes...I have a couple of questions for my Hardlines ETL but I can never find him lol

I feel like I should do a post where I rant about how wrong this is but anybody who thinks otherwise isn't human so I'm not going to bother.

It is happening my store with the new guest scheduling. Long time tm's are getting the shaft every day. I have heard my etl-hr say don't give that tm too many hours to keep it under 32 hours. Hopefully pel, your resume looks great & shows you as a stellar worker. Grab every swap shift, you can get. Are there other stores near you, transfer?
For now, learn other work centers, Like sales floor, pharmacy, & Starbucks. I know you can do this. Pharmacy & Starbucks can lead you to better jobs opps outside of spot.

Annie, hang in there. My long term hr person is going through the same thing you are too. We are here to help & support those want or need it.

I've been at my store over 20 yrs
It's meaningless to my current etls, and when I stated my opinion at a chat my hours were cut more.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are these people thinking, treating you like this? Guess it doesn't do any good to have loyalty for any job these days, even Spot. SORRY!!!

i guess i don't understand this. We switched to guest centered scheduling and I do the schedule but no one's hours have dropped. I did have to delete set schedules that were in there so it could pull for what it needed but I just added those TM's back in if they weren't scheduled. Every single one of my cashiers gets their max hours and only two of them work in a different work center to get hours. One works one day a week in Starbucks (same day every week) and the other works during the week in softlines because they are short and she works the weekend as a cashier.

Why are you only getting 4 hour shifts?

I've been at my store over 20 yrs
It's meaningless to my current etls, and when I stated my opinion at a chat my hours were cut more.

13+ years here. I opened my availability to include 2 nights and every other weekend. I am the only person "officially" on my team (all of my hours are IS, everyone else is SF or Flow) and I dropped from 38+ hours to 26. I am pissed off. I think it's the number of years that is the trigger for the cuts. We earn "too much" of the payroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back