Archived "Target brand"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago our DTL ordered our store to test doing things EXACTLY by target brand and with the new inventory, push all, 4x4 and one sales floor tl we thought we were screwed.

A few team members quit and our scores have soared, we are up in the district and making increased payroll.

And the 4x4's have really helped with our appearance!

Great to hear of some success. What things were not being done "to brand" before?

Whatever, I like kool aid in my vodka. NBD

1) our pog team use to set pogs, push pogs, and move and merchandise clearance.
2) the signing tm use to follow the pog team and put up signing
3)in stocks pushed their own research
4) pog and soft lines workload divided
5) smart huddles were pushing leftover clearance and mpg

1) now they set, sign, push and pull their own pogs. This is working because before pogs we're never pulled in enough time to get it pushed and it frees up the backroom to keep it clean and they can get their workload complete.
2) the signing tm now keeps up with maintaining all the signs in aisles and is able to jump on with the pog team and help with their workload.
3) sales floor(now not setting spl) pushes all pulls in the backroom and the in stocks does the 4x4's , and we have two really detailed tms taking care of them which is really proving to be effective.
4) now that it's combined the sales floor can now focus on zoning and reshot which helps guest scores and the night zone.
5) we now zone the areas that in stocks will shoot in, which obviously helps accuracy and replenishment.

Things that we do that still aren't brand: 1) we severely edit my time 2)we scan all ad signs for soft lines into a generic number ex) l10 3) we force all ad signs down 4) we don't midday

I shouldn't say that we are following target brand by a T, because obviously if you read certain things, it doesn't even make sense. It also is the quality of our team, the slackers have all been severely dwindling which 1) helps moral(we're not constantly hearing complaints) 2) it's been giving back hours to people who work hard, so obviously it's making us happier. We are an ULV store , the tms that we have really have started to step up, care about the store, and it drives everything else.

Huh you still scan in ad? We stopped scanning ad in during Christmas and havent done it since.(order came from Spot) nor do we scan out ad Sat. nights. tl, tm,etl and lods walk the ad Sunday mornings. Anybody else?

As a signing ninja, I'm kinda curious about the "change" brought about in the amount of work your ninja is able to get done.
I did all the Signing big and small as well as the displays.
There was repair work, other departments to do and the fixture room to clean.
I frelling well did not have time to jump in and help out.
I suspect there are other TMs who would be able to provide similar perspectives.
To call any of us slackers would be disingenuous at best and insulting at worst.

So how is the view from your office at Target HQ?
There seems to be a lot of these type of posts lately. Ya know the ones the just smell like one of the Stepfords wrote it whilst chugging the Kool-aid.

And if I am wrong, meh, great to hear that you are finding success with a broken system when no one else is.
Actually, I have yet to hear of an actual store that is following ANY of the new process' BP to the letter. Our stores are full of go-getters that are sure that their way is better than anything that corporate could come up with. We'll never really know if these work....

Nope not following how things are written. They have us as In-Stocks shooting more outs, but turn around and complain our research scans are to low all of a sudden. So we cheat it of course and shoot a lot of stand alone research to shut them up.

4x4s sorry they are a joke.. It doesn't matter how good your zone is if the people pushing product don't care where they put it.

Things that we do that still aren't brand: 1) we severely edit my time 2)we scan all ad signs for soft lines into a generic number ex) l10 3) we force all ad signs down 4) we don't midday

1. What's wrong with making sure you have a schedule that actually works?
2. and 3. We don't have to scan ad signs anymore. My store used to key in/out all the softlines signs, but now it doesn't matter.
4. We still do mid-day, because other than 4x4s, market has to get zoned somehow.

Wow...sounds great. Our store would be like that too if we had unlimited hours/payroll. Yep Crazy, it's like that at our store too.

THIS.

Something caught my eye in the nonbrand list and that was you "severely edit mytime".
Does this mean as I suspect that you schedule your top performers for more hours and punish the slackers?
That isn't just not brand it's against company policy and someone could get fired.
Or are they jiggering the hours,robbing Peter to pay Paul?
Since that pretty much kills the algorithms that make up mytime you are screwing the pooch to get your 4x4s perfect.
This is a great example of how a store can meet expectations and fail at the same time.

Last edited:
Wow...sounds great. Our store would be like that too if we had unlimited hours/payroll. Yep Crazy, it's like that at our store too.
THIS.

Something caught my eye in the nonbrand list and that was you "severely edit mytime".
Does this mean as I suspect that you schedule your top performers for more hours and punish the slackers?
That isn't just not brand it's against company policy and someone could get fired.
Or are they jiggering the hours,robbing Peter to pay Paul?
Since that pretty much kills the algorithms that make up mytime you are screwing the pooch to get your 4x4s perfect.
If so this isn't just not brand it's against company policy.

Only one person does 4x4's after shooting. The more you do them, and the more thorough they are, the less meticulous you have to be after a while and the quicker they go. Common sense

The issue is that we have 1 cashier on a weekend with nobody to cover her shifts, people in work centers that they aren't even cross trained and stupid mistakes like that. Our store is understaffed with people who have open availability, people often work split shifts, everyone works everywhere, (but soft lines) and Our Instocks team is also non existent... Everyone on instocks is the primary member of another team so Shifts have to be split etc etc.
As a signing ninja, I'm kinda curious about the "change" brought about in the amount of work your ninja is able to get done.
I did all the Signing big and small as well as the displays.
There was repair work, other departments to do and the fixture room to clean.
I frelling well did not have time to jump in and help out.
I suspect there are other TMs who would be able to provide similar perspectives.
To call any of us slackers would be disingenuous at best and insulting at worst.
That was the issue, he is the hardest worker on pog yet couldn't keep up with everything, so now he only does repair work, and all the "big signing".. And Our fixture room is locked so it doesn't get messy.

Why are people being scheduled in areas they aren't cross trained in? That means their departments aren't entered properly in the system.

Why are people being scheduled in areas they aren't cross trained in? That means their departments aren't entered properly in the system.

They finally called about it yesterday so hopefully it gets squared away. I don't work with it, all I know is I have to spend 2 shifts in a work center I'm not even trained in and it's happened twice.

They finally called about it yesterday so hopefully it gets squared away. I don't work with it, all I know is I have to spend 2 shifts in a work center I'm not even trained in and it's happened twice.

I can't wait for my Starbucks shift.

I can't wait for my Starbucks shift.

I've been waiting 8 or 9 months for comp shop and receiving/reverse logistics, and so far I haven't gotten them. :D

This and same with availability. First couple of weeks with MyTime they had me scheduled 7 days and at times I have not worked in the almost 5 years I have worked for spot.

2) it's been giving back hours to people who work hard

Magic really can happen when you reward hard work. Grats on the success

My store has 2 keyed IStm's . (I am one of them) This week and next both of us have shifts scheduled in different work centers and other tm's that have not been trained and some that have actually not even worked on the salesfloor have been scheduled in instocks while the trained and experienced IStms will be cashiering and working plano. There is something seriously wrong with this.

The issue is that we have 1 cashier on a weekend with nobody to cover her shifts, people in work centers that they aren't even cross trained and stupid mistakes like that. Our store is understaffed with people who have open availability, people often work split shifts, everyone works everywhere, (but soft lines) and Our Instocks team is also non existent... Everyone on instocks is the primary member of another team so Shifts have to be split etc etc.

THIS. Our HRTM, who is recognized district-wide as an expert in the MyTime system and has trained countless execs from sister stores on this system, still has to massively edit all area's of the schedule just to make sure everything is correct. We always have people scheduled on approved time off, outside their approved availabilities, in work centers they don't know, etc. On the schedule she worked on yesterday/today, we just didn't have Instocks for like three consecutive days. It would almost be easier to hand write all the schedules by hand on an oversized wall-calendar than use MyTime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back