Archived Target Buys Tech Startup Grand Junction to Help With Same-Day Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great,but we do the small things so bad,ship to store sits around for hours sometimes till the next day,ship from store is processed at a snails pace and there have been a few times when no one will open the door for ups and the outgoing orders sit in the store for days,so it is hard for me to get over excited at this development in spite of the fact that it is something we should be doing anyway.

That's great,but we do the small things so bad,ship to store sits around for hours sometimes till the next day,ship from store is processed at a snails pace and there have been a few times when no one will open the door for ups and the outgoing orders sit in the store for days,so it is hard for me to get over excited at this development in spite of the fact that it is something we should be doing anyway.
I'm surprised your DTL hasn't cracked down on that, we get hounded for days if a single can gets dented now.

Most of that is just poor management at one store, and isn't really indicative of how other stores handle things.

Although we do end up leaving ship to stores unprocessed for a few hours, since it gets delivered throughout the day and it's much easier to do it all at once after the last UPS/FedEx delivery for the day.

Love the stuff that gets delivered Friday and Saturday, sits in the backroom, and guests wonder why they can't get their stuff because tracking says it is in the store.

Target will use its existing carriers to deliver products in the Denver area.
So I take that to mean they will just have UPS deliver it. In which case the $4.99 fee for the service is just a gimmick.

Assuming Denver has plenty of Target stores and has a UPS hub, people can likely already order stuff and have it delivered the next day with the standard shipping (free with a redcard). I do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back