Archived Target Cafe Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanatos

Starbucks TL
I'm having my Food Ave payroll cut yet again, so I'm curious about how many hours other stores spend. What I want to know is if you have a Pizza Hut, what hours you are open, how many hours myTime gives you, and how many hours you actually spend per week.

I do have a Pizza Hut. We are going to start opening at 10 instead of 9. MyTime gives us 120 hours. For years, I'd spend 98. New ETL -> down to 85 hours. New STL -> down to 80.5 hours. Now it'll drop to 74.5.

We have the same workload that we did when we had 98 hours, so stuff already isn't getting done. My team is all fairly new, so they could be more productive/efficient, but I feel like I've already given up so much. Oh and we're supposed to have a TL for Food Ave, but when we earned it they took it straight to the sales floor. That new TL didn't spend a day in Food Ave, although this was the only sacrifice that I was actually ok with.

So yeah, thank you for letting me whine about it. I know every workcenter in the whole store goes through this type of thing, so I don't expect sympathy. I'm just curious what other stores spend in Food Ave.

The hours at my store were changed to 10am - 8pm. I am not sure of a schedule anymore. There is no fatl.

My time gives him 172 and he spends it all. To be honest my FA is pretty low volume so I'm not sure how much he really needs. He has a team of 5 excluding himself. His hours slowly increase or decrease depending on the month.

A vol & our Pizza Hut/FA (while I was there) would get 120 hrs & use them all for a team of 4.5 (one TM is split between FA & SB).
Hrs were 8am-9pm but we were always hopping to keep up with guests.
Don't know if they cut hrs after I left or not.

Last edited:
No Pizza Hut, hours are 8-9. They usually have us close at around 8:30 or sooner though.

Have Pizza Hut, opens at 9 (FATM comes at 8 for pizza prep) and closes at 7 (FATM leaves around 7:30). We used to be 9-8 and then they shaved an hour off a year ago because payroll was hurting and never gave it back. C'est Spot.

Pizza hut, 9-8, 120 hours allotted, ~95 used weekly. As it is, with this system, we already have difficulty getting breaks covered when there's not overlap.

Do you just have someone open, then they're alone until the closer comes in? If not, I don't understand how you use so few hours. That's definitely rough.

Do you even get enough hours to cover the hours when FA is actually open? Add in prep time and time to close. All I can say is WOW.

Single coverage 100% of the day. We come in a half hour before opening (despite best practice being an hour before for Pizza Hut) and leave a half hour after closing. Starbucks covers all breaks and lunches, which is why we're actually spending slightly below what you would think we'd need to even have single coverage.

At this point, we're just spending enough hours to keep the lights on, so to speak. I wish they would just take away food ave altogether, or at least get rid of Pizza Hut just so we could have time to clean stuff. I'm getting kind of worried about the next Steritech visit.

Also, to make this a little clearer, the main thing I'm looking for in this post is the number of hours spent in Food Ave. I want to see if anyone else is even below 90 lol.

~70, open 10-730, no pizza hut and a number of days TMs just work 930-8 long shifts

63 hours here, no Hut

Last edited:
At it's lowest peak, my non-Pizza Hut Food Ave would get about 50 hours a week. That may be high, by the time you figure a lunch in there, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back