Target Cafe/Pizzahut 2020

They really big issue right now is with fresh vendors, think milk and bread. No one has paid attention to their counts in ages and we can't do anything about them. Despite having severe negative on hands and no product to be found anywhere in the store, the system will still let people order the items.
Milk, to my knowledge, is Scan-Based-Trade so we don't actually receive the shipment on the myDevice. Rather, a rep from the vendor comes and does a visual inventory of the self-location a couple of times a week, and counts are updated that way.

Soooo my store was a Fresh OPU pilot. We got coolers and freezers installed behind the Service Desk, and have had extra locations set up in the MDF backrooms if needed. Now, Fresh OPU was turned off for a good portion on the COVID outbreak but it's back on as of a month ago, I think. Since being turned back on, Fulfillment is responsible for picking rather than F&B teams. One thing to note is during picking it will purposely put temp-sensitive items at the end of the batch. But if you pick a temp-sensitive item and don't put it to hold within the food safety window, it counts as a food safety violation and can be seen in Greenfield.

I mean my GS isn’t right on top of self checkout but it’s still at the front of the store
Some remodeled stores have Order Pickup separate from Returns and Exchanges. This is from the Edina, MN store.
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif

Some remodeled stores have Order Pickup separate from Returns and Exchanges. This is from the Edina, MN store.
spaceout.gif
spaceout.gif

Order Pickup near food seems weird to me, and those carts and boxes are making me twitch. That trash bin behind the counter should be moved out of view too. Oh, and someone pick up that trash by the dip case, please. Also not a fan of the rafter ceilings, too Industrial/Home Depot.

Otherwise, looks great! :p

Ours is going away, either entirely or mostly, and being converted to cold storage for OPU. I've heard that fountain drinks might still be available and pre-packaged single-serve items.
Personally, I won't miss the trails of popcorn all over the store.

Ours is going away, either entirely or mostly, and being converted to cold storage for OPU. I've heard that fountain drinks might still be available and pre-packaged single-serve items.
Personally, I won't miss the trails of popcorn all over the store.
Typically, when they get rid of cafe at stores they keep the fountain soda machine and the icee machine, sometimes the popcorn machine, and then have those items available for sale at the Starbucks POS. (They keep the white cups with the target logo on them, as well, rather than having the guest get icees/soft drinks in starbucks cups)

Typically, when they get rid of cafe at stores they keep the fountain soda machine and the icee machine, sometimes the popcorn machine, and then have those items available for sale at the Starbucks POS. (They keep the white cups with the target logo on them, as well, rather than having the guest get icees/soft drinks in starbucks cups)
I would be thrilled if they did that. Could care less about the cafe. Even less about shitcorn machine popping shitcorn. I was so happy when that damn machine broke and devastated when they got new one. It so damn hard to clean. Cut myself cleaning it and it even harder when people come while i'm cleaning it asking if I am gonna pop anymore. You see me cleaning it here what the fuck do you think. I absolutely hate everything about the fucking place nothing about makes me happy.

We don't have another food serving place, Starbucks or otherwise. The only thing that's been said officially was that OPUs could start having cold things included. Nothing about what food or drinks might still be available.

We don't have another food serving place, Starbucks or otherwise. The only thing that's been said officially was that OPUs could start having cold things included. Nothing about what food or drinks might still be available.
Aww no Starbucks? That stinks!

Some targets have opened fresh salad and subs. I really want the unhealthy ones go already. Keep the popcorn. I like seeing the faces of GSTLs face when costumers spill popcorn on the floor.

I personally hope they close mine. I refuse to go back that shit. It is one of the top 5 worst jobs if not the worst in the entire store in my opinion. If they do I will find another job and leave and take being yelled at by my mother constantly.
We transferred our food people to ship from store. See if u can do that.

We transferred our food people to ship from store. See if u can do that.
I tried to go elsewhere all they tell me is we need people who know how to the job. Despite 4 or 5 other fucking people who know how to do the job. They just want me to be really unhappy the lying bastards and bitches.

Order Pickup near food seems weird to me, and those carts and boxes are making me twitch. That trash bin behind the counter should be moved out of view too. Oh, and someone pick up that trash by the dip case, please. Also not a fan of the rafter ceilings, too Industrial/Home Depot.

Otherwise, looks great! :p

20200623_213104.jpg

You're being way too harsh. I think it all looks smashing! Oh, btw, the lady behind the register isn't hash tag masking. Looks like a pass final warning, collect no 200 buckaroos on July 26th and have herself a nice TERM.

Last edited:
I would be thrilled if they did that. Could care less about the cafe. Even less about shitcorn machine popping shitcorn. I was so happy when that damn machine broke and devastated when they got new one. It so damn hard to clean. Cut myself cleaning it and it even harder when people come while i'm cleaning it asking if I am gonna pop anymore. You see me cleaning it here what the fuck do you think. I absolutely hate everything about the fucking place nothing about makes me happy.
You should try a DC. No customers. No food making. No cleaning a machine that's food making. Oh, and also...

NO CUSTOMERS !!!

We just got a confirmed time frame for mine and the three of us who work over there literally could not be any happier

Our cafe is closed because they started putting the freezers and cooler there to do fresh order pickup.

Our store didn't bother to share this with the OPU or grocery team in any formal manner

Actually Fresh OPU pickups have already started but the TM have to walk all the back to and forth to the freezer and coolers in the back.

Most normal companies would start this after everything is in place but of course Target doesn't do this.

Our cafe is closed because they started putting the freezers and cooler there to do fresh order pickup.

Our store didn't bother to share this with the OPU or grocery team in any formal manner

Actually Fresh OPU pickups have already started but the TM have to walk all the back to and forth to the freezer and coolers in the back.

Most normal companies would start this after everything is in place but of course Target doesn't do this.

Having to walk to the back hasn't been a big issue for us despite much gnashing of the teeth from guest services. Drive up times are still green.

The big issue with fresh OPU is that problems don't get fixed. We've been documenting various problems as they pop up and are continuously told that a fix will come "soon" or even "next week." It seems like the whole point of the pilot was to see if drive up times would work with the holds in the back and since they do it's getting rolled out to everyone else. However, the problem of letting people order produce we don't carry and never have? Nah, that's cool. We have no way of knowing what bread is in stock at any given time? No problemo! Bread pops into regular OPUs if nothing else fresh/frozen is ordered? i guess just be careful not to smash it and try to keep it away from all the chemicals in your cart! If items have multiple locations, you might randomly have to pick them twice? We'll get around to fixing that. And on and on.

Back