Target Cafe

Some sell pizzas that are warm-n-serve.
Usually the rest may serve pretzels, hotdogs, popcorn, smoothies, fountain drinks, Icees, chicken tenders, fries, packaged snacks & the like.

Some sell pizzas that are warm-n-serve.
Usually the rest may serve pretzels, hotdogs, popcorn, smoothies, fountain drinks, Icees, chicken tenders, fries, packaged snacks & the like.

I don't sell chicken tenders 🤣

Rico's nacho sauce is also god tier, I copped a bunch of those cheese cups for free and made mac and cheese casserole with it. 10/10 my dudes

Cafe without the Pizza hut pizzas sounds... simpler. They scheduled me to open next week and I'm freaking out lowkey. I'm gonna mess that ish up so bad lol. They trained me on it months ago. It's gonna be a lil disaster

Cafe without the Pizza hut pizzas sounds... simpler. They scheduled me to open next week and I'm freaking out lowkey. I'm gonna mess that ish up so bad lol. They trained me on it months ago. It's gonna be a lil disaster

You got this. You're gonna be okay

Anyone willing to answer some cafe questions I have?

Stores actually staff café? Ours hasn't been staffed in months or if it is staffed its a couple hours on lunch during the weekend.. Otherwise it sits empty and closed.

9yrs ago everything was pretty much passed down by word of mouth. A number of TLs tried notating store specific standards but it was thrown out for not being official Target materials. Opening is usually recovering from missed actions from closing. Opening duties is a bit different than closing duties.

Most of everything is just simple health standards and presentation, and items available.
Check previous closing notes.
Amount of available food may depend on time of day and traffic.
Countertops and tables must be clean.
Machines on.
Soda machine on and spouts attached. Drain clear and clean.
Capp machine on and spouts attached and mix filled. Drain clear and clean.
Condiments stacked.
Fresh coffee every 2 hours. Drip trays clean.
Fill water in warming trays.
Popcorn popping; new batch every 30mins-1hr. Prepped bags displayed.
Daily temp log maintained. Fridges must be 32*-40*. Freezers must be below 32*.
Items that are heated in the microwave have to hit an initial 165* and then hold at 150*.
Most foods must maintain a temp of 150*.
Stock and prep items if needed.
Checking date labels. Toss what has been exceeded or not labeled correctly.
Waste log maintained.
Stock supplies.
Receive orders/supplies.
Duties may require food and supply ordering.

Are salads and sandwiches shipped in now?

9yrs ago everything was pretty much passed down by word of mouth. A number of TLs tried notating store specific standards but it was thrown out for not being official Target materials. Opening is usually recovering from missed actions from closing. Opening duties is a bit different than closing duties.

Most of everything is just simple health standards and presentation, and items available.
Check previous closing notes.
Amount of available food may depend on time of day and traffic.
Countertops and tables must be clean.
Machines on.
Soda machine on and spouts attached. Drain clear and clean.
Capp machine on and spouts attached and mix filled. Drain clear and clean.
Condiments stacked.
Fresh coffee every 2 hours. Drip trays clean.
Fill water in warming trays.
Popcorn popping; new batch every 30mins-1hr. Prepped bags displayed.
Daily temp log maintained. Fridges must be 32*-40*. Freezers must be below 32*.
Items that are heated in the microwave have to hit an initial 165* and then hold at 150*.
Most foods must maintain a temp of 150*.
Stock and prep items if needed.
Checking date labels. Toss what has been exceeded or not labeled correctly.
Waste log maintained.
Stock supplies.
Receive orders/supplies.
Duties may require food and supply ordering.

Are salads and sandwiches shipped in now?
That’s some pretty old information...

I know. Tried to hit on material what I recall FAs still had or may be still relevant. But with FAs on the outs, its kind of hard.
All of the ones around me have been converted to SB or GS/Store Pickup. When they closed they had a period of 3 months of someone making popcorn and getting soda at a make shift desk in the FA lobby.

You got this. You're gonna be okay

Someone called out the other day and I, the closer, had to open and close cafe con pizza hut. I started at 1230 and opening with pizza hut is normally a 2 hour ordeal so throughout the entire lunch rush I was still prepping and had to turn people away. Since I missed the main rush I had less work though so yay? But since I had to close too, it felt like I never had a chill moment. Womp womp.

I've done an open to close in a Pizza Hut cafe; no bueno to say the least.

This thread comes up often.

I am linking a good discussion that was had a while back. We used to have a thread that you will see is linked but missing in this that was an excellent guide and gave a good idea of how to time out your tasks so you keep up with the flow.

Back