Target Cafe

NKG

Nkg
Calling all Target Cafe Peeps! I have a thousand questions. I have looked on WB and learning plan but anyone know where I can find a detailed guide on how to open cafe.

I never saw a detailed plan - just an overview. Don't sweat it - the cafe is an easy gig - for the most part.

The target near me only has a Target Cafe (no Starbucks or Pizza Hut) but I've only seen it open a handful of times over the past few years

I unfortunately need the Target best practices on running cafe. I have the recipe book, cleaning book on how to clean everything and the cleaning logs. I need as much information as possible to coach a tm

I unfortunately need the Target best practices on running cafe. I have the recipe book, cleaning book on how to clean everything and the cleaning logs. I need as much information as possible to coach a tm
I used to oversee Starbucks and Target Cafe. You can PM if you want to ask some questions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can just let them know the expectations of the store, tell them what they're under performing on, and then CCA them if they continue. Unless you're trying to performance them out in which case I mean just micro manage the shit out of them lol.

Target cafe routines are handed down from older TMs. Like family secrets/traditions. Its an unwritten set of standards and routines that one just knows... basics are logs, timers and dates... and you build on this ,a foundation ,that sells popcorn and icees..

Target cafe routines are handed down from older TMs. Like family secrets/traditions. Its an unwritten set of standards and routines that one just knows... basics are logs, timers and dates... and you build on this a foundation that sells popcorn and icees..

I don't have that luxury so there has to be something even McDonald's has a video how to serve a soft drink. Obviously- cup, ice, soda but its dummy proof.

I don't have that luxury so there has to be something even McDonald's has a video how to serve a soft drink. Obviously- cup, ice, soda but its dummy proof.
There is very limited stuff in writing.. I can share my routines, but I have a pizza hut so routines might not align.

Perhaps share with the class what the exact reason for you needing to coach the TM is?

Turn stuff on, take temperatures, make stuff.

I think there's a big chart on workbench with opening routines, although it probably includes stuff like printing off the daily RPQ, checking sales data, and a bunch of other useless stuff.

We have laminated cards posted for the various processes & a binder to look up specifics but most of it is passed down from experienced TMs.
As Xanatos said, it's mostly turning stuff on (ie: oven, holding cases, popcorn popper, etc), taking temps (warming cases, coolers, freezers, internal cooking temp of hotdogs, calibrating thermometers, etc) & date-labeling consumables.
You'll have a daily cleaning checklist, a times/temps sheet & a food safety checklist.

Weird question but what does a food ave without Pizza Hut sell?? Just chicken tenders fries pretzels hotdogs etc??

Back