Archived Target Canada...eh

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good. The numbers are very very impressive for the soft launches. I realize that these "soft" launches have been highly publicized, but it's still a good indication that Canada may be ready for Target. Launch are days running 600k+ and doing 1.5 million for the week. Anything to keep the stock skyrocketing is good in my book.

It's too bad they had to abandon America in the process. :|

I will say $600k in sales a day is impressive though, but I've got to wonder if it's just because it's new or something else...

It's too bad they had to abandon America in the process. :|

I will say $600k in sales a day is impressive though, but I've got to wonder if it's just because it's new or something else...

New has EVERYTHING to do with 600k numbers, but those stores will still be some of the highest volume in the company a year from now.

I've heard from Canadian guests in my store that things are more expensive at the Canadian stores. Maybe that's contributing to it.

I've heard from Canadian guests in my store that things are more expensive at the Canadian stores. Maybe that's contributing to it.

That's true, and definitely part of it. I suppose the other part is probably less consumer choice in general. Granted I'm sure there are many supermarkets in Canada, but I'm also assuming that Target chose spots without much competition. I haven't really looked to much into their Canadian expansion though because I'm not a stock holder, nor do I have any plans to invest in target corp, and as a US employee, the expansion has only been detrimental to me in terms of the hours cuts we've all been feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back