Target CEO pay doubles.

We should all send a nice email to
Brian.cornell@target.com congratulating him.

“Cornell's salary was 767 times more than Target's median worker salary. The median worker at Target made $22,439 last year. Target had 360,000 employees last year.”

Take his entire year's salary and distribute it to all 360,000 team members. We all get $48 bucks. Just for some perspective.

Whelp I see everyone forgot that the minimum wage is moving to $15 next year
Add gasoline right now is 3.29 per gallon in 2020 gasoline will we well over 4.00 per gallon. So I will be spending an extra 80 dollars a month just on gas for the car evens out or even less.

Take his entire year's salary and distribute it to all 360,000 team members. We all get $48 bucks. Just for some perspective.

Cut his salary down by 9 million and use that increase hours.
It wouldn't be a lot but it would be some for each store.
This would come out to a lot more than $48.00 in the long run.

I don’t understand your math. Where is this extra $100 coming from? The article states average tms made $22439 last year. Now that the hours have already been slashed drastically, averages will be dipping far below $19000 in 2019. That’s a generous estimate on my part, since I used $15 in my equation and most tms are still under $13. But let us all be ever so grateful for our CEOs generous leadership?

Last edited:
Not trying to defend the guy but his actual salary was $1.38 million. The rest was "stock awards" and "incentives and other forms of compensation." CEOs hire negotiators who bargain and haggle with boards, they present a dog-and-pony show to the boards. All too common today in the biz world, it's not unusual except the pay gap is worse than companies with better paid employees.

Back