Archived Target Check Card & Overdraft Fees

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the year is 2012 and I'm sure a lot of you old schoolers still balance a checkbook...However the new generation I belong to tend not to anymore due to online banking being oh so convenient.

This could be a bank specific thing - I bank with Chase - and whenever I make purchases via my Target Check Card, all of my weekly transactions come out of my account on one day. This happen to anyone else? I just got slapped with multiple overdraft fees... frustrating :wacko:

Yes, that's why i told BofA to "go f*ck themselves" (true story, i really did that) and went to USAA

Yes, that's why i told BofA to "go f*ck themselves" (true story, i really did that) and went to USAA

Ah, glad I'm not the only one. I like Chase because Spot uses their ATMs - it's pretty convenient. I may just withdraw cash and use the 10% discount instead of getting 15%. I got hit with 3 Fees, $34 a pop last night. I don't think the 5% will ever justify the $102... I doubt I'll ever spend 2 grand @ Target...

Yeah when I first got my card, I got hit with overdraft fees. But now I keep track of how much I spend, and make sure I always have atleast that amount in my bank account.

Call the 800 # on the back of your chase card and get refunded for those overdraft charges. Then i would suggest going to a credit union, chase is very greedy.

Its how the Target debit card is setup. It does not immediately withdraw the funds for purchases. It may do it once a week or so. I have heard of some people only getting the funds drafted once a month. This is a very scary thing to happen if you live pay check to pay check.

I'm at tcf bank and the target transactions come out three days after i make the purchase.
Then again, i still balance my account using an app on my phone. I just round up to the nearest dollar. Now, if i "go over," i have a cushion.

I would get the spot credit card. It hits the same day & you can pay bill after you charge it at gs desk.

Yeah, been there a few times. I've basically decided to save my Target card for the larger purchases and use my Chase one for day to day stuff. It is on our shoulders to know how much we have and what to expect to have as pending transactions, but it's just not worth the hassle to me anymore.

Agree with Hardlinesmaster,use your card for the 5% extra,go up to guest service,make your payment and have no fees,much better idea.I do not pay fees or interest,the money I make from Target is hard earned and I am not giving it to greedy banks.

So the year is 2012 and I'm sure a lot of you old schoolers still balance a checkbook...However the new generation I belong to tend not to anymore due to online banking being oh so convenient.

This could be a bank specific thing - I bank with Chase - and whenever I make purchases via my Target Check Card, all of my weekly transactions come out of my account on one day. This happen to anyone else? I just got slapped with multiple overdraft fees... frustrating :wacko:

You kind of need to keep track of how much is in your account yourself. It's not really the fault of any bank that you spent more that you have in the account. Sorry to sound old school, as you called it, but just because you still have checks, doesn't mean there is still money, right?

It's not so much the people overspending as how the banks take the money out.
Bank of America had to settle a 410$ million dollar suit for screwing people by arranging the way money was taken out of their accounts so maximum amounts of overdrafts would occur.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/11...tles-excessive-overdraft-fee-lawsuit-for-410/
Other banks do the same thing they just don't get as greedy about it.

This 'old-schooler' hasn't been hit with an overdraft fee in 24 yrs.
That oh-so-convenient online banking comes with a pretty steep pricetag.
I'd say it's a no-brainer.

This 'old-schooler' hasn't been hit with an overdraft fee in 24 yrs.
That oh-so-convenient online banking comes with a pretty steep pricetag.
I'd say it's a no-brainer.

Well, made an 83 cent overdraft and was charged 200+ dollars for it.
When I went to contest, they told me the time limit for that was over.
Basically, "TS, Baby. Stuff it." Remember this==? .83 cent overdraft.

$200+ fine.

And , they wouldn't budge.
This was BOoA or sum such.

By the way, what's the overdraft fees like with Target?:music2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back