Archived Overheard at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO! A guest was browsing RTW. Myself and one of our MBTMs were zoning and doing go-backs whilst chatting amongst each other. That guest approached the MBTM and said politely, "Excuse me ma'am?" Our MBTM replied "Yes, ma'am?" The guest paused, then excitedly said very loudly, "FUCK YEAH Y'ALL GOT FLANNELS IN! I LOVE FLANNELS! That's all. You guys are amazing! Have a good day!" and then grabbed one of them, put it in her cart, and walked away to the fitting room.

Guest in pharmacy isle: Do you guys have grain alcohol?
Hard lines TM: Umm you mean like beer?
Guest in pharmacy isle: No, you know, grain alcohol.
Hard lines TM: Sorry, no.

I'm pretty sure he was looking for rubbing alcohol but I was off the clock shopping so I minded my own business.

I was cashiering and a little boy, about 10, said "look at that computer, how did you learn all that? I want to learn that!". The mother says, with a horrified look on her face "No, you're going to college!"

I cheerfully told her that my Bachelor's degree in psychology did indeed come in handy when dealing with the general public.
She stfu.

I wanted to punch a bitch.

(and yes, I do have a degree in psych)

I was cashiering and a little boy, about 10, said "look at that computer, how did you learn all that? I want to learn that!". The mother says, with a horrified look on her face "No, you're going to college!"

I cheerfully told her that my Bachelor's degree in psychology did indeed come in handy when dealing with the general public.
She stfu.

Had a woman at my Starbucks counter warn her daughter to study or she'd wind up like me.
Can't print what I said (lest it out me) but it got the point across.
I hate when jerks like that insult us. This just provides support for the idea that everybody should be forced to work some sort of retail job in their lives so maybe they'll be more considerate human beings.

She stfu.

Had a man do that at the bigbox bookstore where I was a manager.
One of the employees in the cafe had messed up a sandwich order (was a big deal) and I helped straighten it out while she went back to cook a new one.
He looks at his son and says, "This is why you need to go to college. So you don't wind up like this."
The only reason I didn't tell the cockwaffle that she had a degree in ornithology with a speciality in birds of pray and was waiting for an opening at the state park was because it was none of his fucking business.

Guest in pharmacy isle: Do you guys have grain alcohol?
Hard lines TM: Umm you mean like beer?
Guest in pharmacy isle: No, you know, grain alcohol.
Hard lines TM: Sorry, no.

I'm pretty sure he was looking for rubbing alcohol but I was off the clock shopping so I minded my own business.
She was probably looking for everclear, which you probably don't have.

A group of kids came in and kept yelling "fuck the police" with music blaring on their pocket stereo

security never got them lol

"Mommy do girls fart?"-some little kid passing by when I was doing tables. I busted out laughing and the mom was like "see? that lady thinks you're crazy!"
(On another note being alone in the backroom for a while is awesome because then you can finally let them rip)

This lady told her grandson what a great job he did putting something back on the shelf and he was like " i want to work here when i get older." Grandma was like that's cute but Im sure your Mom doesn't want you working retail your whole life. Im literally standing there zoning and Im like people with College degrees run this place.

Had a woman at my Starbucks counter warn her daughter to study or she'd wind up like me.
Can't print what I said (lest it out me) but it got the point across.
Had a similar experience and thought to myself "End up like me, working a job that keeps me fit with tms and tls I like, that gives me time to pursue my other interests, living a dream I didn't know I had w a great partner. Watch out kid. You don't want to end up like me. "

I miss bartending at a strip club. That was a fun job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back