Archived Target Could Exit Canada This Year, After $2.1 Billion U.S. In Losses: Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
As things shut down you start getting more creative.
Here are a couple from some of my coworkers at the Big Box Bookstore

tryamazon.jpg
Hehe I love that one. *NOW SHIPPING TOILETS AND SINKS* or *BUILDING RESTROOMS INTO THE AMAZON FRESH TRUCKS*

Amazon opened their first brick and mortar store store at Purdue University but it's really just a pick up and drop off place.
I'm sure it has bathrooms but there aren't any comfy chairs or people who can know about the book with the blue cover.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/04/technology/amazon-purdue/
So basically it's a 100x more efficient flexible fulfillment process? Sounds nice. I wonder if the equipment they have to use is as shitty as ours is. From what I've seen of videos of amazon warehouses they use similar Windows CE mobile computers with barcode scanners that we do, hopefully they aren't transitioning to the garbage iPods with stupid scanner sleds that never work. I like getting accurate shipment calculations lol.

@commiecorvus I was in a closed Borders a couple of times after it was temporary converted into a bargain bookstore. There were no bookshelves just pallets and pallets of books in the large two story store.. It was pretty eerie seeing the Borders colors still on the wall.

@commiecorvus I was in a closed Borders a couple of times after it was temporary converted into a bargain bookstore. There were no bookshelves just pallets and pallets of books in the large two story store.. It was pretty eerie seeing the Borders colors still on the wall.

The first one I worked in was turned into a doctors office and the one I closed was turned into a baby clothing store.
The baby store store kept the carpet which was really weird for us going back.

I am sorry to all of you who lost your jobs over Target's poor planning. I think if they had actually taken time to do things right, Target Canada may have actually been a success. I wish you guys all the luck in the world. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back