COVID-19 Target & COVID-19

Here is a petition regarding the pandemic of COVID-19 and all Tm's / guests who's health, family & individuals, are more important.

My job is important to *me.* I see how important the work I do is to our guests now more than ever. We are essential for food and medications as well as being a friendly face in trying times. I have considered the offer of leave (I am diabetic and have minor respiratory issues) and I think I would rather work than go stir-crazy with little to do.

People here aren't taking it seriously. In my county, my ZIP is one of two where the most cases have been reported. They're wandering around the store like it's their amusement park, using "stay home" as an opportunity to buy their spring/summer wardrobes, redecorate, or reorganize. Now, all the college students who didn't think that perhaps cancelling their spring break trips was prudent are back home to add to the petri dish. (Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth today when they come in and find Starbucks closed ....)

Last night, I read on my local Nextdoor that TMs are my store are standing too close to THEM? I've stepped back from more guests who got way too close to ask me about hand sanitizer/TP/face masks/rubbing alcohol/who knows anymore. They stepped forward.

Can I get in on some of that degreaser?

(Still believe Target is classified as "essential." Don't believe the behavior of some of our guests since this is allegedly one of the most educated sections of town. I guess entitlement causes people to lose IQ points.)

Same here, exactly. Some of these assholes with money (or bathing in credit up to their assholes) are some of the stupidest fucking people on the planet with no street sense. I'll take the gritty urban clientele we had at my old store on Neptune any day. The white breads with tons of gelt are useless. Ethnic area folks are much more polite and a pleasure to deal with.

This is what I believe needs to be done:

1. Stores like Target and Walmart need to limit in store purchases to true necessaries: food, HBA/OTC/Rx products, cleaning supplies/paper products, baby formula, diapers, baby wipes.

At my store the baby products could be moved to the girls style pad across from the registers. Use carts and tape to ban access to other parts of the store by guests.

My store would create an L-shaped shopping area: as you would go in, you would have the needed baby products, head down between A and B and all of B-side would be blocked off. On A side you would have HBA, CVS, cleaning products and paper. At the end of that main aisle you have Market which would be opened down to mini-seasonal. Blocks B, C, D, and E would have no access to guests. F side would be closed completely to guests.

2. All other products (clothing, pet food, electronics, etc.) are to be ordered online with curb side pickup only. Returns are extended by a few weeks or a couple of months.

3. Limit the number of people allowed in the store at one time. One person out, one person in.

4. Those under 18 years of age are to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

5. Reduce opening time to 8A to 7P everyday.

I know some will find these measures draconian, but I am tired of seeing bored people (of all ages) just lollygagging around the store and families out with their whole crew of kids walking the store touching everything in sight.

This is what I believe needs to be done:

1. Stores like Target and Walmart need to limit in store purchases to true necessaries: food, HBA/OTC/Rx products, cleaning supplies/paper products, baby formula, diapers, baby wipes.

At my store the baby products could be moved to the girls style pad across from the registers. Use carts and tape to ban access to other parts of the store by guests.

My store would create an L-shaped shopping area: as you would go in, you would have the needed baby products, head down between A and B and all of B-side would be blocked off. On A side you would have HBA, CVS, cleaning products and paper. At the end of that main aisle you have Market which would be opened down to mini-seasonal. Blocks B, C, D, and E would have no access to guests. F side would be closed completely to guests.

2. All other products (clothing, pet food, electronics, etc.) are to be ordered online with curb side pickup only. Returns are extended by a few weeks or a couple of months.

3. Limit the number of people allowed in the store at one time. One person out, one person in.

4. Those under 18 years of age are to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

5. Reduce opening time to 8A to 7P everyday.

I know some will find these measures draconian, but I am tired of seeing bored people (of all ages) just lollygagging around the store and families out with their whole crew of kids walking the store touching everything in sight.
Love this

People would ignore the carts and tape. Removing product from the floor is the only thing that will keep people from wandering around bored. Stuff as much floor product as can be in where the toilet paper and cleaning supplies should be in the backroom. Locate it so flexible fulfillment can find it, but if it's not on the floor bored people won't be trying on 20 pieces of clothing or sitting on all the chairs in Home.

We blocked off our FR with fixtures and locked all the doors. We still have guests stripping down in the middle of the store to try things on.
Same. I called AP and said we may need PD for public indecency violations. Got somw nasty looks but they stopped baring their idiotic selves. Have fun with it. My ap loves getting my calls because I donf filter anything.

Same. I called AP and said we may need PD for public indecency violations. Got somw nasty looks but they stopped baring their idiotic selves. Have fun with it. My ap loves getting my calls because I donf filter anything.
My favorite tactic (since we don't usually have AP available) is grabbing my walkie, not really hitting the button, but loudly saying "Can I get SECURITY to swim please???"

Back