COVID-19 Target & COVID-19

Okay, so what about people buying clothing for children who have outgrown theirs? Or a baby that was conceived nine months ago when this wasn't on anyone's radar? Kids still outgrow things. Fires still happen and people lose everything and have to replace their clothing. Am I saying the softlines area is the most important section of the store right now, no. But it still has a role to play in keeping up even a shred of normalcy, which is vital in keeping people somewhat sane through all of this. And yes, we in softlines HAVE been working in other departments, but we're also still getting our own stuff in shipments and we have to take care of it, too.

We're all in this together, people.

Target is essential and I for one am glad to still have a job. I know of quite a few who've been laid off and they're wondering how they're going to manage. Yes, unemployment is being expanded but it's not the same amount. Most people in jobs like this don't have hefty savings accounts.
Parents finding themselves unexpectedly home schooling need supplies. Everyone needs to eat and get supplies for cleaning and laundry. People have pets that need feeding. People still get sick with non-pandemic illnesses and need OTC meds.

A lot of that is true. But nearly all people won't need seasonal, just the ones that self medicate with chocolate. Nearly all people won't need clothes; some will, others are bored and think a fun thing to do is knowingly and willingly spread germs by covering the inside of the clothes (no, they're not oblivious, they are deliberate). Nearly all people won't need bath mats, curtain hardware, half the stuff in bedding, and furniture. Nearly all people won't need luggage.

At this point it's risk management. There's always a few people that need a service. Not want, need. But allowing all people to access that service means a much higher chance of many people getting sick since quite a few want to cause germ swapping by needlessly using the service.

And it's not like Mom with newborn or Victim of house fire would be out of luck. OPU and DU. Keep the clothes away from the heathens and germ reduced, so it's safe for the ones that need it.

I already posted this another COVID-19 thread but this is part of the list of essential services by the standards of the state of New York.
New York is on lock down and most states that follow will probably be using this as a guide.
So give up any thought of not being closed.

grocery stores including all food and beverage stores
  • pharmacies
  • convenience stores
  • farmer’s markets
  • gas stations
  • restaurants/bars (but only for take-out/delivery)
  • hardware and building material stores

Here is a petition regarding the pandemic of COVID-19 and all Tm's / guests who's health, family & individuals, are more important.
Target is definitely essential. I also understand gloves and mask but I rather hospital and clinics get those masks. My mother is a respiratory therapist in her 60’s, I rather her and the others treating the CoVId-19 patients receive those first.

I hope I don't have to train these people.....they will be 6 feet away from me and I don't give a shit if they can hear me.

So, are any of your Target stores a CDC testing site yet or was that just a bullshit show put on by our Cheeto God?

So, are any of your Target stores a CDC testing site yet or was that just a bullshit show put on by our Cheeto God?
We're not a testing site yet, but that's because it takes time to get thousands of remote testing stations set up. Brian himself was on the stage with POTUS promising that Target would cooperate on this. I am willing to take Mr. Cornell at his word on this.

A lot of that is true. But nearly all people won't need seasonal, just the ones that self medicate with chocolate. Nearly all people won't need clothes; some will, others are bored and think a fun thing to do is knowingly and willingly spread germs by covering the inside of the clothes (no, they're not oblivious, they are deliberate). Nearly all people won't need bath mats, curtain hardware, half the stuff in bedding, and furniture. Nearly all people won't need luggage.
It should be noted that there was a significant uptick in furniture these past two weeks because all the people who were forced to work from home to keep their jobs and to homeschool their kids that were not prepared to accommodate those needs with their current setups.

It should be noted that there was a significant uptick in furniture these past two weeks because all the people who were forced to work from home to keep their jobs and to homeschool their kids that were not prepared to accommodate those needs with their current setups.

My store's furniture department is wiped out. This is along with bedding, bath and hardware. Seems like every item the store sells is essential to impulsive corona-scared buyers. I am happy about it! Please, everyone, continue buying so I can get that heavy paycheck!

I personally think that's an excuse, not a reason. There are dining room tables. There are TV trays. There are microwave carts. Most homes where a worker has the flexibility to work from home already have horizontal surfaces that can be used.

I personally think that's an excuse, not a reason. There are dining room tables. There are TV trays. There are microwave carts. Most homes where a worker has the flexibility to work from home already have horizontal surfaces that can be used.
I mean sure. But those surfaces aren't designed for sustained use for MONTHS in some cases, like the schools bring done for the year. Yeah, be safe from Corona for a few weeks but develop sustained back pain or carpaltunnel for the rest of your life. Quite a trade off.

But nearly all people won't need seasonal, just the ones that self medicate with chocolate. Nearly all people won't need clothes; some will, others are bored and think a fun thing to do is knowingly and willingly spread germs by covering the inside of the clothes (no, they're not oblivious, they are deliberate). Nearly all people won't need bath mats, curtain hardware, half the stuff in bedding, and furniture. Nearly all people won't need luggage.
These areas of my store are like ghost towns now. I did the one-for-one pulls this morning for bath, bedding, lamps, and home improvement - all of them were small (after what would normally have been a busy Saturday with lots of guests). My state was one of the earlier ones to start shutting things down; at least in my town, people are taking it seriously and mostly staying home. Normally busy streets look like it's the middle of a 3-day weekend. Even our bus system has mostly shut down because schools and most businesses are closed and there's hardly anyone taking the bus anywhere. (They're using the passenger vans usually for handicap transportation for on-demand service instead. People who still need public transit will still be able to get to where they need to be.)
As far as people doing stupid things like contaminating clothing on purpose - there are always going to be stupid people everywhere and even though I don't generally favor public shaming of anyone, this is something where I'd say public shaming is perfectly legit. It's not just clothing, where the virus is thought to be able to survive only 24 hours. A person who's tested positive could knowingly contaminate plastic or metal surfaces, where the virus can live for up to 72 hours. If it's not something like a door handle that gets cleaned often, the virus would stay there, just waiting for someone to touch it and then touch their face. Which is why wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.

Form for police if stopped
FF42-A95-E-0-B4-C-46-A4-AFAB-8154-A17-F668-F.jpg

I mean sure. But those surfaces aren't designed for sustained use for MONTHS in some cases, like the schools bring done for the year. Yeah, be safe from Corona for a few weeks but develop sustained back pain or carpaltunnel for the rest of your life. Quite a trade off.
You forgot the sarcasm font. Horizontal surfaces of the same general height are going to treat your body the same way. If you are going to develop carpal tunnel syndrome from a TV tray, you're going to develop it from your office desk.

My state has been placed under a Stay At Home Order.

Today while I was pushing the truck, a young Flex TM saw a friend, and said "Hi, what are you doing here?"

The young friend said, "I'm bored, so I'm just going places. I guess that's not smart."

It took every iota of self-control that I had not to throttle that idiot to within an inch of his life. 😠

Back