Archived Target Deal Days vs. Prime Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

checklane01

ap gang ;)
I just realized that Target announced the “biggest sale of the Summer” on the same days as Amazon’s Prime Days, July 15th and 16th. One thing Target is really pushing is that you don’t need a membership, compared to Prime Days where a Prime account benefits.

These are some of the “sneak peek” deals:
Day One (Monday, July 15)
  • 40% off select furniture and indoor rugs
  • Great deals on top kitchen brands, like Instant Pot, Kitchen Aid and more
  • Save on top floorcare items from Shark, Dyson, Hoover and more
  • Buy two, get one free on books
Day Two (Tuesday, July 16)
  • 5% off Target eGiftCards™ (email and mobile delivery only)
  • 30% off exclusive home brands, including indoor and outdoor furniture and rugs, bedding, bath and more
  • Up to 30% off select small appliances, cookware and floorcare
  • Great deals for the family, like 30% off swim and select sandals
  • Up to 30% off top toy brands and select sporting goods
  • 30% off Cat & Jack uniforms for kids
  • Up to 30% off Evenflo car seats and strollers

I’m just curious to know what are your opinions of this is? Are the savings really going to be that good? Which will be better?

I asked my TL if we had a plan for this late last week. He had no idea what I was talking about. "What? What's Target Deal Days? It was announced? Why didn't I know about this? Fuck."

With store leadeship on top of things like that I really see no reason why this won't be a smashing success at my store. Suck it, Amazon. You don't stand a chance. Bezos, you're going down like a white guy in a fight against '80s Mike Tyson.

I just realized that Target announced the “biggest sale of the Summer” on the same days as Amazon’s Prime Days, July 15th and 16th. One thing Target is really pushing is that you don’t need a membership, compared to Prime Days where a Prime account benefits.

These are some of the “sneak peek” deals:
Day One (Monday, July 15)
  • 40% off select furniture and indoor rugs
  • Great deals on top kitchen brands, like Instant Pot, Kitchen Aid and more
  • Save on top floorcare items from Shark, Dyson, Hoover and more
  • Buy two, get one free on books
Day Two (Tuesday, July 16)
  • 5% off Target eGiftCards™ (email and mobile delivery only)
  • 30% off exclusive home brands, including indoor and outdoor furniture and rugs, bedding, bath and more
  • Up to 30% off select small appliances, cookware and floorcare
  • Great deals for the family, like 30% off swim and select sandals
  • Up to 30% off top toy brands and select sporting goods
  • 30% off Cat & Jack uniforms for kids
  • Up to 30% off Evenflo car seats and strollers
I’m just curious to know what are your opinions of this is? Are the savings really going to be that good? Which will be better?

Monday July 15 SFS and OPU is basically just "grab a tub or a flat".

At least on Day 2 with uniforms, this is the week they're supposed to set.

Prime Day is honestly filled with 90% garbage anyways.

I asked my TL if we had a plan for this late last week. He had no idea what I was talking about. "What? What's Target Deal Days? It was announced? Why didn't I know about this? Fuck."

With store leadeship on top of things like that I really see no reason why this won't be a smashing success at my store. Suck it, Amazon. You don't stand a chance. Bezos, you're going down like a white guy in a fight against '80s Mike Tyson.
I haven’t checked the grid for those days yet, but I have 10+ scheduled according to a friend. We aren’t even that high volume, so I anticipate half of them will be used for the truck. Eh.

Is there a guide on WB about more specifically what the sales will be? Want to compare the deals on target brands to our bonus day the day before.

I've got a nice schedule next week for it, but last year it was kind of a dud. While I'm hoping it's not too crazy this year (they do seem to be marketing it a little better than last year when it seemed very last-minute... Although descriptions of clueless leaders doesn't inspire confidence 😄), I don't want it to be so slow/overstaffed that we get sent home!

I've got a nice schedule next week for it, but last year it was kind of a dud. While I'm hoping it's not too crazy this year (they do seem to be marketing it a little better than last year when it seemed very last-minute... Although descriptions of clueless leaders doesn't inspire confidence 😄), I don't want it to be so slow/overstaffed that we get sent home!
They can't send you home, just tell them yeah its slow ill go push truck or zone something.

Is there a guide on WB about more specifically what the sales will be? Want to compare the deals on target brands to our bonus day the day before.
Yes just search deal days. It has all the deals as well as a list of cartwheel deals that will be happening at the same time

I’m off the 14th, but not 15. I assume we will have to price match the “online only” deals?
Just go with the spot motto on this one. Say no at first, because that's the policy, then if the guest asks a couple more times instead of accepting your answer, say yes, it's not worth anyone's time.

This is how I have approached my guest interactions for awhile now. Save for outrageous "hey this Dyson was sitting under a $15 price tag u have to give it to me for $15"

I know our SFS/OPU hours almost doubled for the next two weeks and they moved me over there from my GM position. I start at 4am on the 16th, I hope the uniforms are set but knowing how behind everything is I'm worried.

Yes just search deal days. It has all the deals as well as a list of cartwheel deals that will be happening at the same time
It didn’t have specific brands just “select furniture and rugs” unless I looked in the wrong spot? I just wanna compare our bonus day the day before to this

Yeah I'm on I think OPU for Tuesday. And will probs be pulled for it on Monday.

Yay! My store came up with a plan. I actually get a second OPU person Monday and Tuesday. Alas, the people I got have never done OPU and are not being trained beforehand. I can just help them if anything comes up on those days supposedly. I'm predicting over 10% INFs and under 80% picked on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back