Target discount

I think there is an average hours per week component as well.

This is based on an old post:
You may be eligible for the Target retiree discount privilege, as well as a retirement gift, if you meet all of the following criteria:❏❏ Are at least 55 years old when you leave the company.

❏❏ Have 10 years of credited and continuous service, starting after your latest hire date. A year

of credited service is a calendar year in which you were paid for 1,000 or more hours.

Last edited:
Team Member Discount
Your active team member discount ends on your termination date.
If, as of this date, you were at least age 55, and (1) have 10 years or more of continuous and credited (1,000 or more hours per calendar year) service, or (2) were an active team member on December 31, 2002 and have five years of continuous and credited (1,000 or more hours per calendar year) service, you and your eligible dependents are eligible for the retiree discount.

I only ever met one retiree with that discount
If I stay its actually for the 401k match and possibly now the education benefit.

We recently had a TM retire who had worked at my store for 14 years and he missed the average hours requirement by very little and he didn't get the lifetime discount. It's kinda BS, they were a good TM who was already retired from their career, working basically to stay busy. They planned their life around Target and even missed thanksgiving dinners and worked on Xmas Eve. I know we all do that but if that was me I would not, especially if I didnt necessarily need the money.

Back