Archived Target Electronics vs. Target Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to know what the pros and cons of each are, and which one you guys feel is the better job to have?

Mobile doesn't have to do go backs ,or argue with extreme couponers and resellers, because we can't process ANY price changes. That plus the fact that we are actually pretty standardized on our hours and our DM can only be so hands on, since he is dealing with at leadt 12 other stores, puts Mobile in the lead for me.

Well, Target mobile isn't Target. So no discount. But it's a very focused work center, thus easier. You'll still have to help guests, but pretty much no Target duties.

The Moblie people in out store get comission on some items and a higher starting payrate as opposed to Eletronic TMs so that's the way to go imo

Of course "commision" "bonuses " and "retention pay increases" are really just fairy tales at this point. Mobile gets a lot of promises about pay increases, but they rarely keep them. Instead, they tell us we get asded responsibilities that Marketsource is being paid extra for, but which WE are not.
Can you tell I might be a little bitter right now?

You know what's funny is that Electronics TM's at my store make more hourly than Target Mobile, so that perk is out.

Yep, some leads make more, but not much.

Interesting, I make more than the mobile lead in my store (Of course I've also been a fixture in electronics for 7+ years.) I think they recently changed their commission structure. I think they only get commission if they attach something to a purchase now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back