Archived Target Express Team Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into transferring to a store near where I go to school that hasn't opened yet. My first choice would be to work in consumables, but they're not hiring for that. I noticed that one of positions they're hiring for is an Express Team Member. Does anybody know what this means? My guess is it's something only at smaller stores because as far as I know, my current store doesn't have a position like this. Here's the job description:
Wherever guests shop with us, we work hard to ensure their Target shopping trip is always frictionless, fun and rewarding. Our TargetExpress Team Members help create that experience during each and every guest interaction. As a TargetExpress Team Member, you'll be responsible for being proficient in all areas of the store to complete duties such as, but not limited to, cashiering, stocking, presentation and price accuracy. You'll provide exceptional guest service, customizing each experience and anticipating their needs. And foster an inclusive, diverse, safe and secure culture.
This seems rather vague to me. It sounds like a mix of lots of different work centers.

Yeah they're smaller stores, so less positions needed. It would make sense if it was one of those everyone does everything type of jobs

At Express stores, tms work all over the store.
That makes sense, but there are also postings for hardlines and softlines jobs individually. I don't see how the Express Team Member position is so different from hardlines. I know they must have specialty sales floor positions because they're hiring for electronics. I'm just not sure why consumables isn't an option. I know from the press release that this store will have a grocery section.

Anyway, do you think it's better to apply for hardlines or the express position?

I think it's because Consumables isn't that big thing in Express Stores (at in the ones ive been too ) they still have the dedicated aisles but they probably see it not necessary to have a dedicated TM for it. Like they don't have Electronics tms in the ones I've been too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back