Target GiftCards: why are access codes so hard to read - and inconsistently placed?

Good idea except for one thing: our store doesn't authorize Guest Advocate TMs to "create a ticket in myhelp" so "they can send a tech". I'm not being sarcastic or cynical here, just honest about our store's approach which is to keep very tight control of overhead. It's a very good business practice from a budgetary standpoint - part of why our store is well-regarded in our area - yet at times this leads to extremely long delays for maintenance and repairs of essential equipment.
I mean, you can just log in to myhelp and make the ticket. Obviously not if they don’t want you to but there’s nothing technically stopping you

You don’t have to use the app. That’s the point of the phone number. You can add the deals via target.com/circle and enter your phone number or have target.com/circle pulled up in your web browser.
You are absolutely correct. I've advised guests about this option. It works, the Circle deals work when they are linked to your smartphone number. I only recently updated my smartphone and can now get the Target App to run adequately, though I've noticed it's a huge battery usage hog when turned on.

You are absolutely correct. I've advised guests about this option. It works, the Circle deals work when they are linked to your smartphone number. I only recently updated my smartphone and can now get the Target App to run adequately, though I've noticed it's a huge battery usage hog when turned on.

I wish I could do without it, but being a visual person, it makes looking stuff up for guests much easier than on the mydevice

I love that they have barcodes but why can’t you peel the new ones anymore??? Peeling was way better
Back to the one of the original complaints, I realize the no peel is probably because scammers were pealing, taking pictures of the unsold cards and then replacing the peeled sticker.

At home, I just attempted to scan a few old gift cards but once again, the access numbers are almost impossible to read even if it's under a bright light. I did managed to add one of the gift cards. Tonight before work I'll go by the store and ask someone if they can read the darned access numbers so I can input these into the Target App's Wallet.

This whole issue of illegible and inconsistent gift card access codes is really annoying and doesn't show much regard for our guests, many of whom have probably struggled with this at self-checkout, at target.com or using the Target app.

At home, I just attempted to scan a few old gift cards but once again, the access numbers are almost impossible to read even if it's under a bright light. I did managed to add one of the gift cards. Tonight before work I'll go by the store and ask someone if they can read the darned access numbers so I can input these into the Target App's Wallet.

This whole issue of illegible and inconsistent gift card access codes is really annoying and doesn't show much regard for our guests, many of whom have probably struggled with this at self-checkout, at target.com or using the Target app.
Ask a seasoned cashier or GSTM. They've gotten quite good lol. If you absolutely cannot read it, call the gift card hotline and they can re issue if you have the other number (Event?) that's under the scratch off

Ask a seasoned cashier or GSTM. They've gotten quite good lol. If you absolutely cannot read it, call the gift card hotline and they can re issue if you have the other number (Event?) that's under the scratch off
As the line gets longer and longer. I’ve had guests scream ‘ I am never giving a target card as a gift again’ !
another once said ; “throw it out - I can’t waste my time using it . “

I take a picture with my phone and zoom in on the numbers to read them 😂

Back