Archived Target giving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's team member/Target giving week. I was told it's taken directly from your paycheck. Does Target literaly send the organization $0.25 per paycheck ( or whatever amount), does Target give it as a one time gift then deduct? Is there the option for a team member to do a 1 time gift instead of bi-weekly?

You can do a one time gift if you’re paying with cash or writing a check. If you’re doing a gift through your check it’ll come out of your check each week. When you give to an organization that isn’t the standard United Way donation your HR will do a simple look up to find the organization and it’ll go directly to them.

I always give like $2 per check because it’s nothing basically. Don’t have time to worry about such a small amount. I’m already getting next to nothing with my hours—what’s $2?

Sure you could say it adds up, but it’s still not worth my time.

Actually I’m feeling bold, may go to $3 this year 😅

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure you are able to use those donations as a tax deduction as well. Just FYI for those who do decide to donate especially the ones who do by paycheck. Many in my department seemed unaware.

I’m not a fan of giving to umbrella charities but I do a one time donation of $10.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure you are able to use those donations as a tax deduction as well. Just FYI for those who do decide to donate especially the ones who do by paycheck. Many in my department seemed unaware.
Only if you itemize on your taxes, and the tax reforms with 2018's filing increased the standard deduction amount.

Tax deductions only work for people who itemize. I am guessing that very few people here make enough to itemize now.

If target wanted me to give they wouldn’t have wiped out all my 6 years of merit increases with the big bump to 13 per hour. Now I’m making the same as someone starting today.

Sorry I cannot affordably give at this time.

When I first started I gave for years, willingly and happily. Then the stupid contests, games and competitions started to raise money. I don’t go to work for that silliness and pressure! I don’t have time for this, I have real work to do, Leave me alone. I have opted out for quite a few years now. Why let Target brag “ target employees gave X amount to a United way”. I can make donations to the charity of my choice with my own checkbook.

I don’t support the United Way enough to donate to them, but I do support other organizations. I donate what I can afford without feeling a financial strain, and it makes me feel good on a spiritual level that someone out there is being helped by my selfless act. Maybe this will become a pay it forward situation. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. All that I do know for certain is that every organization is only able to help anyone because someone made a conscious decision to fund the charity. I don’t judge the TMs that don’t give anything, I have no idea what their life has going on and maybe they donate in their own. But every year I am surprised how much some of our less solvent TMs give.

I got pissy when HR found out and hounded me for what hours I spent with the dog rescue I work with cause they wanted to submit those hours for credit umm no..
Same! For years I volunteered with the Boy Scouts and my HR wanted those hours as well for credit. UMMM, yeah NO! Get off my coat tail! Why don't you go volunteer somewhere instead so you can truly submit the hours the honest way.🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back