1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Target has ran it's course.

Discussion in 'Happy Trails' started by shortstuffishere, Jul 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PM2NO

PM2NO Business Owner

I have worked for 4 different Target locations officially and I can say not all the Targets are the same. Some are growing, while others are going downhill. I'm in one right now where the culture is not that great and turnover is high. Many end up transferring or leaving the company. I'm in the process of getting a transfer myself as soon as the HRs put together a position for me.

shortstuffishere likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    shortstuffishere

shortstuffishere Team Member

Personally I've only worked at one but one of them i would have trouble commuting to because of buses and the other one is known as our grumpy store.. and everyone whose transferred from there says don't go there.. so I'm just gonna bow down gracefully. :)

bullseye1962 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    shortstuffishere

Update: it's been about 3 months since I've started working at my new job. I did have a week off because they thought I still had time at target so they couldn't get me on the schedule. Which was fine as it gave me a mini vacation to relax and get my sh*t together.

I love my new job as it's only a half a mile from my house and I don't have to worry about the bus and thus opening up my schedule especially on Sundays.

Also I'm starting school next month to become a medical assistant. Work will accommodate that. :-D

I'm happy to report that all is well for the most part!

4. SoCalMama

SoCalMama Team Member

Great update. :)

shortstuffishere likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    shortstuffishere

Another update: I've been at my grocery store for 6 months now. I started back at school in November while working part time. Also my former GSTL from target is now my manager at my "new" job. :)

CeeCee, Him, PassinTime and 1 other person like this.
  6. Him

Him Team Trainer

That's one of the great things I've always enjoyed about working for a company with so many different people. You honestly would never know if you come across them again. Truly is a "small world"

Hardlinesmaster likes this.
  7. PM2NO

PM2NO Business Owner

Yes. You never know who might be your next boss. I had someone who was once a TM at another store and then ended up being my boss now.

Aredhel and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  8. Aredhel

Aredhel Formerly Redzee

In small towns it’s so true.

9. IWishIKnew

IWishIKnew Team Trainer

10. notfit05

notfit05 Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. / om trainee

I’ve contemplated leaving before to go over to Publix but didn’t give it a lot of thought