Archived Target is getting ridiculous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wuts powah owah?

Legit question.

"powah owah" is when they've designated some random time through each day that corresponds to the 'peak hour' of sales for the store. At my store, we've designated this 'appy hour,' wherein everyone stops all tasks or projects and proceeds to wander around with a basket or cart and give guest service. After asking CIHYFS ad nauseum, the sales floor is also supposed to announce to one another when they've helped a guest 'get appy,' which basically means install the Target app on their cellphone, Cartwheel, or something else associated with Spot in that notion that all of this drives sales.

We usually do ours between 3 and 4pm. By then everyone but a few hardlines and softlines team members are still at work. It is a waste of time. If the STL isn't in the store, we work on reshop or finish up other tasks.

Yeaa, we all just walk around in circles with PDAs in near silence... until we see someone who might be more gung-ho about the whole thing. Our TLs are even faking it. We pretty much only do it if an etl or the stl is around. Some days, I don't even walk around. I just work on my tasks until I see a manager.

Maybe they've decided to end it for the holidays and bring it back afterwards?
Because, you know bad ideas never die at Spot.

How are we supposed to be friendly when we spend the entire transaction talking their ears off ....

Welcome to life in the pharmacy....let's see, we have to ask for name/address, verify the prescriptions they are picking up, ask if they would like to speak to the pharmacist, push RxRewards, texting, flu shots, AND ask them to take the survey, ALL while also explaining to half of them that they need to reswipe their cards because they walk up and swipe before we've even started the transaction.

They briefly mentioned having us go out on the floor during these, but our ETL-Rx said "Nope! Not happening!"

I typed too soon...our LOD tonight announced power hour. I was at guest service, but I get the feeling that it was generally ignored.

I typed too soon...our LOD tonight announced power hour. I was at guest service, but I get the feeling that it was generally ignored.

As did I... I walked around with a TL and we pretty much talked to each other the whole time.

lol, no one under TL level at my store participates in this garbage. If one of them is around we might act like we are until they leave then it's right back to the task at hand.

Yeaa, we all just walk around in circles with PDAs in near silence... until we see someone who might be more gung-ho about the whole thing. Our TLs are even faking it. We pretty much only do it if an etl or the stl is around. Some days, I don't even walk around. I just work on my tasks until I see a manager.

Since I rarely get a guest who has even the slightest interest in listening to what I'm expected to say, I generally just carry on with my zone. If it's a busier night with more guest traffic, I'll zone and fill my endcaps as I watch for guests that haven't already been harassed seven times.

lol, no one under TL level at my store participates in this garbage. If one of them is around we might act like we are until they leave then it's right back to the task at hand.

Since I rarely get a guest who has even the slightest interest in listening to what I'm expected to say, I generally just carry on with my zone. If it's a busier night with more guest traffic, I'll zone and fill my endcaps as I watch for guests that haven't already been harassed seven times.

We skipped power hour today & yesterday, yeah!

"Team, Team, everyone wrap up what your doing, 5 minutes untill our Peak Hour Challanege please come to the checklanes" Every TM just rolls their eye's as they walk with the ETL's and TL's... Backroom just ignores it and no one says anything.....

My store's still doing it. I covered the fitting room, though, so I didn't have to do it. Instocks only had to do it for a half hour.

We skipped power hour today & yesterday, yeah!

Lol I feel the same way about the fact we haven't had a power hour in several days.

"Team, Team, everyone wrap up what your doing, 5 minutes untill our Peak Hour Challanege please come to the checklanes" Every TM just rolls their eye's as they walk with the ETL's and TL's... Backroom just ignores it and no one says anything.....

Well of course we do. If we're not back there the store would come to a grinding halt. Not even jackknife, literally crash and burn.

Amen

OK, we've passed "ridiculous", overtaken "idiotic" & are fast approaching "You gotta be f*cking kidding me!"

Target is grasping at straws.....they are losing money because of the bad economy right now so they keep coming up with an endless list of "new programs" hoping that maybe one of them will make a few dollars.

They're trying ideas with a slingshot, hoping something/ANYTHING will stick & make a difference.
Like Sears, JCP, et al they've gotten away from what they were best known for in terms of merch & service in a desperate bid to maintain their relevance; trying to become the "be all" of shopping instead of the niche they'd carved out for themselves.

They're trying ideas with a slingshot, hoping something/ANYTHING will stick & make a difference.
Like Sears, JCP, et al they've gotten away from what they were best known for in terms of merch & service in a desperate bid to maintain their relevance; trying to become the "be all" of shopping instead of the niche they'd carved out for themselves.

Sears and JCP are headed towards non existence in the future. I don't see that happening with Target, the business model till works. Based on the state of the company (Canada, pfresh, citytarget, vibe focus, etc) where do you see it headed

Shhh...it's been weeks since I've heard the words power hour...we may be in the clear....

Don't jinx us!

Sears and JCP are headed towards non existence in the future. I don't see that happening with Target, the business model till works. Based on the state of the company (Canada, pfresh, citytarget, vibe focus, etc) where do you see it headed

Where do I see it headed? Toward a slow and painful demise.

Shhh...it's been weeks since I've heard the words power hour...we may be in the clear....

You don't work at the store where I was shopping last week. I was in line paying for my purchase when someone got on the walkie and announced that the next hour would be a Power Hour. I felt for everyone in the store, including the other guests who would be asked CIHYFS by 10 TMs in 5 minutes.

You don't work at the store where I was shopping last week. I was in line paying for my purchase when someone got on the walkie and announced that the next hour would be a Power Hour. I felt for everyone in the store, including the other guests who would be asked CIHYFS by 10 TMs in 5 minutes.

"CIHYFS?" "CIHYFS?" "CIHYFS?" "CIHYFS?" "CIHYFS?"
W4aMGDm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back