Archived Target is getting ridiculous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been doing this for a while at my store. I honestly ignore it for the most part. I might go ask a few guest if they need help, but I'm pretty on top of that as it is. So, I've probably already helped the few guest near me.

Power hour hit our store too. At least this go around they're telling us we can do a midday as long as we're focused on the guests. I felt stupid standing around in my area with NO one to even help and not allowed to do anything but be available to help. >< So, now we fold tables and pick up the floor in our area and ask whatever guests we see if we can be of service. There are days when I feel it and many when I don't. And if guests really don't want us doing this I'd suggest they tell us in the surveys how wonderfully helpful we all are and NEVER stop... lolz. Problem is that when we stop "harrassing" them then we start seeing surveys saying things like "no one available when I need help".... "team members never smile and are not friendly" Geez people... you cannot have it both ways. :p If our guest service scores go down the "harrassing" goes up. ;)

Peak hour is the bane of my existence. I wouldn't mind it so much if they didn't schedule me so that my break lands right smack dab in the middle of peak hour every single shift. So I either have to take it an hour early or an hour late, which not only screws up my day, but has the potential to screw up everyone else's breaks in my department as well, especially if multiple people came in at the same time or at two-hour intervals. And I know it sounds petty, but I really hate having to take my 15 an hour early, and then wait three hours to take my half, especially if I'm starving. I would just take my breaks when I'm supposed to, but our Target Mobile guy did that and the ETL said, "Thanks for taking your break during peak hour!" really sarcastically over the walkie so everyone could hear (I know, very fast, fun and friendly). I really don't want to give them a reason to say that to me, because they will NOT like what I have to say back to them!

I would just take my breaks when I'm supposed to, but our Target Mobile guy did that and the ETL said, "Thanks for taking your break during peak hour!" really sarcastically over the walkie so everyone could hear (I know, very fast, fun and friendly). I really don't want to give them a reason to say that to me, because they will NOT like what I have to say back to them!

Piss off the only people in the store paid exclusively to vibe and sell...Brilliant!

In fairness, I wouldn't take a break during peak hour (which is accurate at my store) unless I was puking or couldn't stand up. Definitely not best practice.

we used to do power hour but now we went back to top of the hour.. if it gets called we meet in eletronices and get broken out.. its "non negotiable" lol

If salesfloor can't take breaks/lunches during midday zone or power hour, and those two happen to be in close proximity to each other, then it really screws up schedules...and it gets worse if the front end has to follow that if the sales floor team has to help cover guest service's breaks/lunches. So then they end up with much of the salesfloor off the floor at the same time, during what just might turn out to be the day's actual busiest hour!

And since power hour is based off of last week's busiest hour, which is rarely the same time two weeks in a row, it seems extra silly to me.

Power hour is kind of a joke at my store... Pretty much just keep doing what you're doing lol. But yeah the no breaks thing kinda sucks sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back