Archived Target is getting ridiculous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, we were seriously under the impression that our new STL came up with this ridiculous idea (power hour), seeing as it was implemented at the same time that he started.

Luckily, I'm usually stashed away in my pharmacy bubble, and so far they haven't found a way to incorporate us into the "power hour". I mean, really, you can't just ask people to wait an hour for their antibiotics just because we need to go upsell some redcards...

Oh, so that's what it was! This past Tuesday, I was actually at the store at around 1PM for the midday push (finally they gave me a non-closing shift), and they mentioned this on the walkie. I was confused and just continued pushing.

The backroom team was laughing about it when it was mentioned on the walkie.

What they should have done is hire an all around "CIHYFS captain" who's only role is to go around the store and ask. Make it 25 cents more.

We used to have a TM who would basically do that in market on the weekends. She was popular with both guests and the team. Sadly, she is no longer with Spot.

Whoever came up with this stupid idea, clearly has NO understanding or concept with how MUCH WORK these other employees (Planogram, Backroom, Pricing) has to still to be done.

Your backroom is involved in this nonsense? Good lord. You can pull me out of my backroom kicking and screaming.

I agree...my response would be "Please hold on a minute while I go punch out and go home!".....

What is Power Hour? I've yet to hear about that.

It's the hour of the day when your store does the most sales. Like one of ours is after church on Sundays. Everyone is to stop doing projects/tasks and "Vibe" with guests, talking about Cartwheel, suggesting add-on's, etc.

Someone said "It feels fake" EXACTLY a lot of what Target currently does, if I may say overwhelmingly so, are FAKE!

When the store is run by fake execs at HQ, maybe that's what you get.

I am just getting tired of following 'Fake' practices :/

Last edited:
We tried power hour, didn't work so well. So then they tried having TM's break off at the top of every hour to do a quick blitz of whatever dept they were in. Now they just announce over the walkie "Ok now it's such and such peak hour, lets break off for a couple minutes and walk our deptartments", but they don't make us do it for a whole hour.

We're calling it the Vibe hour in my store. It's interesting to hear how far it has gone in other stores. IN our location, all sales floor team members participate int he vibe hour. We don't (at least that I have seen) force presentation or backroom, etc on to the floor to participate.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. We should be focused more on the guests than on some other the stuff that goes on. Also, I think it needs to be mixed up a bit or there needs to be some smaller version at night. Our Vibe hour always seems to be `1-2 every day. Why not have it at different times? Why not have them at night on occasion or do a second one or a scaled down version to like a half hour at night? Or a half hour during the day and a half hour at night.

Why not have enough people scheduled on the floor in the first place so we can provide the same level of guest service that we used to?
Why not have enough cashiers scheduled so the few that are supposed to be on the floor can, you know, actually be on the floor?
In what world did "drop everything you are doing and harass the f--- out of guests for an hour then ignore them the rest of the day because you have things to get done and are now an hour behind" make a single bit of sense?

Power Hour? Backroom TMs required to partake?

Cafs, research, exf, pogs, baler, set the line for flow team, pull items for guests, sweep floor, then along came FFA, now this... *flips table*

Power Hour? Backroom TMs required to partake?

Cafs, research, exf, pogs, baler, set the line for flow team, pull items for guests, sweep floor, then along came FFA, now this... *flips table*

No way would backroom participate in power hour in my store unless tms are pushing otherwise we are too busy.

Just overheard the ETL for hardlines mention that the guests complain about too many people asking them if they need help.

Go figure.

I'm over the POG & PA teams at my store and this Peak hour nonsense has done nothing but inhibit my teams' ability to finish their workloads. My PA team are a couple of all-stars and stay over to finish the workload; YTD, we had 100% for PA Timeliness. But this new Peak Hour is just another way to utilize my team, who is already getting all of the SF calls because the SF team can't be bothered, to do somebody else's core roles and neglect their own. And when they said to me, "It's not fair and I don't want to stay over anymore," I told them I agree and told them not to stay over. And the workload went delinquent everyday for the first week we did Peak Hour. The district level has to understand there are consequences for pulling a process team away from their process - the process doesn't get done!

As for POG, I generally don't get enough hours to complete my workload each week. Now, we do this Peak Hour nonsense the week we're setting TAT (ARE you kidding?) where some days I have 9-12 people scheduled on POG (some after truck as pushers). 9-12 people not doing POG for an hour over the course of 5 days? That is 45-60 hours you have taken out of my workload to ask the same guests over and over again CIHYFS and do they have Cartwheel? And then my ETL asked me where the breakdown was for completing my workload. PEAK HOUR. PEAK HOUR IS THE BREAKDOWN.

Last edited:
I would say alot of guests dont even need help. Of those that dont need help about 1/4 have an attitude about someone asking them.

Of the guests that need "help", half of those are looking for items that are usually a few aisles away or literally right in the same aisle, or they walk past it and ask me and I turn them around a few aisles.

I actually counted how many people I asked last Saturday and out of about 100 or so less than 10 actually needed help with something.

Honestly, if I was a guest and was asked by ten different people in 10 minutes if I needed help finding something, I wouldn't want to come back. I would think to myself, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE I JUST WANT TO SHOP AND I WILL ASK FOR HELP IF I WANT IT!! It's like borderline harassment of guests.

Wow, what has our country come to when being nice and polite is considered harassment

Honestly, if I was a guest and was asked by ten different people in 10 minutes if I needed help finding something, I wouldn't want to come back. I would think to myself, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE I JUST WANT TO SHOP AND I WILL ASK FOR HELP IF I WANT IT!! It's like borderline harassment of guests.

its not borderline harassment of guests AP. it is harassment plain and simple

We don't want our guests bothered by any solicitors...except for the ones in red that we employ lol.

35792.jpg

yeah i'm not such a big fan. i don't usually bug people unless they are clearly wandering around looking lost.

I say hi, make eye contact, smile, ask people how they are doing, ask them if they need help finding anything, tell them about deals if they're looking at something near something similar/related on sale, compliment them, etc. with guests everyday. Every guest around me is going to know that I've acknowledged them and that I'm available in some way. If a guest comes to me for help, I am going to help them and suggestively sell, take them to the product, etc. What I'm not gonna do is spend an entire hour each day where I do nothing but hound guests and try to make them buy more stuff.

Whatever happened to the idea of "blending task and service?" That used to be the buzzword a few years back. Now it's like, "Fuck your tasks, go sell...but you better still get those tasks done without doing them, because we aren't giving you any extra hours or staffing for peak hour!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back