Target IT systems are less than ideal

As a disclaimer, I don't think it's the fault of Target's IT people. I'm sure they work hard like the rest of us under sometimes difficult conditions with far fewer hours than they need.

Where to begin?

Having to log in 3-4 times each session just to do my every-single-freaking-day stuff. Sorry, that's WorkBench but this is WorkDay and oh you'll need to log in especially for these other things, too. With the exact same id/pass. TWO DECADES ago, I worked for organizations that had their crap together and didn't require this. Come on.

Sorry your password is expired. Oh, create a new password? Sorry that doesn't work anymore, get somebody to log in so you can change it. Oh wait, sorry, you now have "invalid credentials." Don't ask us why, just call this number and there's only a 75% chance that there will be a serious linguistic barrier between you and the person helping you.

I'll stop there for now, but yeesh.

sso signing you out multiple times a day sucks and there’s no excuse for it but like everything else you mentioned is either eminently reasonable.

for instance, if i forget to sign out of workbench i don’t want somebody being able to just click on workday and see all of my personal info, hence the dual layer of protection there.

as far as resetting your password you don’t need to ever speak to a living human being to do that. it’s all automated

I agree, the whole thing is ridiculous for a company that is making money they should have a system in place that is easier to use. This logging in multiple times is ridiculous!

for instance, if i forget to sign out of workbench i don’t want somebody being able to just click on workday and see all of my personal info, hence the dual layer of protection there.
While I don’t disagree, it can be irritating at times. Every time I sit down at one of the chromeboxes I need to sign into the computer, sign into workbench, sign into outlook, sign into mytime, sign into mickra, etc. I’m hopping onto the computer multiple times a night to squeeze everything in in between calls and something that’s supposed to be quick like sending an email or checking a grid it taking 3-4 minutes sometimes.

Back