I have - it's the ETL-HR and STL trying to get you to say some stuff like, "Gosh my boss has been the best lately" or "Boy do I appreciate working here." They have a form they fill out, want to hear a couple of good things and omg a couple of bad things. Nothing bad enough that they have to actually DO anything about it, just enough that you feel like you actually had a chance to say what you thought and have hope for the future. You'll feel like they are going to listen and work on improving the workplace. Not really - they are just going to post a list on the bulletin board of the topics that were covered (carefully edited) and it will be ignored until next month when they will have another chat session. Meaningless really - unless they bring snacks. You will be on the bad list if you really pitch a ***** about the truth of what its like to deal with your idiot TL on a daily basis.

I am happy I haven't been invited to a chat session in years.

Lol well in this case I would be their Idiot TL ;) But I never went as an electronics tm either.

I doubt you are an idiot team leader - I have a specific TL in mind from my store.
Yeah I know, I was just teasing.

But trust me when we have our TL meetings when asked who my bottom performer is 99% of the time, if not 100% i want to point at 3 or 4 of the TL's across the table and just be like "It's you, please tell me how do you still have a job while being so lazy?"

The different standards of expected work from the team leads in my building is just unbelievable.

So true. As a CA at what I think is a ULV , I'm expected to help with reshop a lot. Which is fine as I can normally help knock out at least some of it. At least on the weekdays. The other night was fun though. We routinely have two people on the sales floor between hard between hardlines and softlines. It wasn't the first time either, but they wanted me to zone half of hardlines, along with reshop, along with doing the carts. And of course the hour worth of breaks I was covering that night as well.

Gotta love when they want you to do the job of three people and hardly pay you enough for the one job you are supposed to do.

yes zone that's a spot on description of what they do at my store as well!!!

and yeah that differing expectations for tms vs tls/etls, it kind of blows my mind. You'll have Etls telling you the expectation is for you to have the line clear, come clean in the backroom, yada yada something unreasonable given the amount of time you have, number of team members, plus the additional demands you will have on your time, and then the etls pace themselves and lolly gag through setting a sales planner etc. Or you will hear different etls pining "I just feel like there's only so much of my core roles I can get done, and it's no where close to 100 percent. Sigh, oh well, I'll work slower and drive the hourly people a little harder and put that in my contributions, i'll call it getting others to contribute!"

yes zone that's a spot on description of what they do at my store as well!!!

and yeah that differing expectations for tms vs tls/etls, it kind of blows my mind. You'll have Etls telling you the expectation is for you to have the line clear, come clean in the backroom, yada yada something unreasonable given the amount of time you have, number of team members, plus the additional demands you will have on your time, and then the etls pace themselves and lolly gag through setting a sales planner etc. Or you will hear different etls pining "I just feel like there's only so much of my core roles I can get done, and it's no where close to 100 percent. Sigh, oh well, I'll work slower and drive the hourly people a little harder and put that in my contributions, i'll call it getting others to contribute!"

You need to be resistant and adaptable that's what I hear all of the time. lol

I was wondering when someone was going to finally come up with a use for that one.

I feel like this is turning into an invaluable team building experience. It's also a great way for me to vent about the logical phallacies, the plot holes, the riddles, the doublespeak, and the poorly thought out plans. Once I take an artistic approach to it, I find I'm actually amused by this kind of stuff while I'm at work, and actually look foward to huddles, mite I get the idea for my next meme!!!

I feel like this is turning into an invaluable team building experience. It's also a great way for me to vent about the logical phallacies, the plot holes, the riddles, the doublespeak, and the poorly thought out plans. Once I take an artistic approach to it, I find I'm actually amused by this kind of stuff while I'm at work, and actually look foward to huddles, mite I get the idea for my next meme!!!

Agreed, this sort of thread could be very therapeutic. :)

Back