Archived target mobile getting the shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.
After finding out early in the year that our promised pay raises were cancelled also with our PTO we now have more bad news. Our c tier stores are now going to have our hours cut. And our eel positions that have been promised along with our electronics remodels arent happening now. We will just be wtls and not getting our 4 plus dollar pay raise that we would have got with new position. Also supposedly the remodels may not even happen in all the stores now. Target Mobile is such a cluster. All we do now is cover electronics even though its in our contract that we arent supposed to. We get no appreciation at all.

After finding out early in the year that our promised pay raises were cancelled also with our PTO we now have more bad news. Our c tier stores are now going to have our hours cut. And our eel positions that have been promised along with our electronics remodels arent happening now. We will just be wtls and not getting our 4 plus dollar pay raise that we would have got with new position. Also supposedly the remodels may not even happen in all the stores now. Target Mobile is such a cluster. All we do now is cover electronics even though its in our contract that we arent supposed to. We get no appreciation at all.
I have actually read that you are supposed to cover breaks but it's at the stores discretion

While I'm sorry that you personally feel shafted, I'd have more sympathy for the team as a whole if the mobile team I worked with did something more than show up consistently late and sit on their phones the entire day other than when doing an activation. There's one TM that does go the extra mile to help on my team but this TM also has a second job that's their primary so.

While I'm sorry that you personally feel shafted, I'd have more sympathy for the team as a whole if the mobile team I worked with did something more than show up consistently late and sit on their phones the entire day other than when doing an activation. There's one TM that does go the extra mile to help on my team but this TM also has a second job that's their primary so.

It's the same here. At least 80% of the time, the mobile guys are just sitting at the boat on their phones or chatting with one of their friends that drop by. That's not to say that all Mobile guys do this, it's just what I've noticed from my store.

Ya doing homework on laptops or texting nonstop on their phones. I would say out of a 8 hr shift, EVERY SINGLE mobile member works about 30 mins out of the shift. Then if they do finally get someone to buy a plan it's like a 2 hr process.

I have said it since day one. One day we will run Target mobile just like we took over photo lab. I can train my team to set up phones quicker then my market source vendors do. The two I have are such jokes.

We have stellar Target Mobile team members at my store, thankfully. I think my store is C level, so I hope they all get to keep their hours, because they go above and beyond when we need help answering calls or handling guests who don't understand why we can't have multiple people having electronics keys back there while they wait for me or whoever else is back there to unlock something for them.

Target is not going to take over Mobile with regular Team Members but could still try to have Marketsource take over the rest of Electronics. The reasons are twofold. First we are much cheaper in the long run, Target has full control over everything we do, but does not have to pay out benefits, full time hours, holiday pay, extra auditors, and dedicated demo teams. Second, as far as contracts with carriers go, they NEED someone relatively neutral as well as trained to do it right. EVERYTHING we do is contract driven, so we can't offer extention on deals, or have a manager change prices, or force a return when a phone is physically damaged. All of which would definitely happen if too many regular Target personnel were allowed to get involved with the process.

And no, our contract strictly forbids us covering breaks, although depending on the store or team it happens unofficially anyhow.

The retiering thing is annoying, but it does happen every year. One of the reasons I hate contract time. It seems every year they raise our requirements and duties, but lower our bonuses, pay, hours, and anything else they can get away with. And then tell us we are having a "stellar" year.

Target is not going to take over Mobile with regular Team Members but could still try to have Marketsource take over the rest of Electronics. The reasons are twofold. First we are much cheaper in the long run, Target has full control over everything we do, but does not have to pay out benefits, full time hours, holiday pay, extra auditors, and dedicated demo teams. Second, as far as contracts with carriers go, they NEED someone relatively neutral as well as trained to do it right. EVERYTHING we do is contract driven, so we can't offer extention on deals, or have a manager change prices, or force a return when a phone is physically damaged. All of which would definitely happen if too many regular Target personnel were allowed to get involved with the process.

And no, our contract strictly forbids us covering breaks, although depending on the store or team it happens unofficially anyhow.

The retiering thing is annoying, but it does happen every year. One of the reasons I hate contract time. It seems every year they raise our requirements and duties, but lower our bonuses, pay, hours, and anything else they can get away with. And then tell us we are having a "stellar" year.
All I'll say is this. Qualex and Kodak said the same thing about photo lab.

In my market the number of crap marketsource employees out numbers the good. We take numerous complaints a day, and the marketsource "management" is no help. Our DTL and GVP have even talked about how horrible they are.

I hope for your sake I'm wrong though.

You wouldn't want it, lol. You all are spead thin enough, you'd never get zones and go backs done if you were stuck fighting ROC and Consumer Cellular hold times several times a day

I'm surprised the DM lets your Mobile people get away with the shenanigans some of you describe. I would kill my team for tbat nonsense. Of course my DM is a rather intense micromanager...

When I was an Electronics TM I saw Target Mobile employees come in and out the door all the time. We have two now who actually do a good job but it seems like they're pretty much over it too so I feel like it's only a matter of time. They liked me so they actually used to help me zone HBA when they didn't have any guests.

It's the same here. At least 80% of the time, the mobile guys are just sitting at the boat on their phones or chatting with one of their friends that drop by. That's not to say that all Mobile guys do this, it's just what I've noticed from my store.

Hey, that sounds like the PMT's. Not all of them. But the two I've had .... Blah. They will not lift one finger to help outside their area. And they ARE Target employees.

My ETL literally told me all the Target Mobile people are lazy sacks of shit that make the company look bad. Which they are. Fuck them and their incompetence - people who have had nothing but problems with the assholes working in my store. And they are rude to the guests as well but their management doesn't do shit about it.

My ETL literally told me all the Target Mobile people are lazy sacks of shit that make the company look bad. Which they are. Fuck them and their incompetence - people who have had nothing but problems with the assholes working in my store. And they are rude to the guests as well but their management doesn't do shit about it.

Remember. ASANTS! Target Mobile at my store were great. Always went the extra mile for the guest. And our STL was a hardass who would've been pissed if they were doing some of the crazy things in this thread like homework or chatting with buddies. Blame leadership. Always blame leadership. It all comes back to them.

In fact, our Mobile team worked harder than our ETLs, who were too busy yucking it up in their offices eating the Chipotle they paid for with the PCard.

In the Target Mobile guidelines it clearly states that Marketsource employees are NEVER to cover breaks or lunches.
Our store they do and they get call buttons and answer guest phone calls. I guest it depends on the store.

Our store they do and they get call buttons and answer guest phone calls. I guest it depends on the store.
It definitely depends on the store we all know some leaders just dgaf. But the policy is the same across the board.

The Target Mobile team at my store is great, mostly the guy who works the majority of the hours. We don't have him cover breaks, but he will help guests who ask him for help even if it has nothing to do with phones, and he always has a walkie so he can call the electronics team member really quickly to help a guest who needs something out of a case. I wish we could have him cover breaks or zone or something, but that's one of the few times someone can actually say "that's not my job" and be 100% correct. He does what he is expected to do, and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back