MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Interesting point. Next time I work, I'll grab a missed salvage item from guest services and see what that looks like...just for curiosity's sake.

Ours are so flakey that playing with it hasn't been possible. Thx. Our GE is pretty useless, nice guy but useless.

Not sure when SIM and other apps will be added, I did read that they're exploring the possibility of adding backroom functions in 2015 (I honestly feel that'd be a disaster), as well as walkie-talkie abilities. MyPerformance will be added soon as well. I would LOVE the ability to get onto Workbench, Online Plano, and other store reports.

How come backroom functions would be a disaster?

Honestly if they could give me a WebApp to pull my EXFs from the backroom and give us online plano, I would be so happy.

The new iOS based devices are pretty great. The item search shows pictures on a lot of things and the Instocks task list shows all locations when you scan something.

I know on current PDAs, when backroom TMs do flex pulls it shows pictures and it pissed me off that we can't do that. I am so glad that we can FINALLY have that on ours.

ALL LOCATIONS. AUGH. literally finally.

Not sure when SIM and other apps will be added, I did read that they're exploring the possibility of adding backroom functions in 2015 (I honestly feel that'd be a disaster), as well as walkie-talkie abilities. MyPerformance will be added soon as well. I would LOVE the ability to get onto Workbench, Online Plano, and other store reports.

Honestly if they could give me a WebApp to pull my EXFs from the backroom and give us online plano, I would be so happy.

Because it won't be RF Apps. Backroom - RF Apps = the end of the world.

If you really want to pull in WebApps, you could always write down all your DPCIs and quantities and SUBT everything.

The new iOS based devices are pretty great. The item search shows pictures on a lot of things and the Instocks task list shows all locations when you scan something.
Thank gosh! Having to toggle between Item Search and the Instocks app is time consuming.

One thing we haven't seen is when you item search something is if its active or D-code.

If I remember right, it you look above the price, it will say Discontinued if it is such. It will also say TPC, Sale, Price Cut, Clearance, Etc.

Target is rolling out something with these mydevices that they normally don't have: they have something that TMs want to be excited about. But botching up the roll out and apps will take away all of that automatic goodwill and buy in.
I am beyond excited for these! I can't wait until we get them in this month!

For Stores who have them already, when we get the MyDevices do we get to keep LPDA's?

I am just asking because I work in Market, and the MyDevices seem as though they would be damn near useless to me,

Qmos? Pfresh Order?

For Stores who have them already, when we get the MyDevices do we get to keep LPDA's?

I am just asking because I work in Market, and the MyDevices seem as though they would be damn near useless to me,

Qmos? Pfresh Order?
Stores get to keep LPDAs through 4th quarter, but if they break they aren't getting replaced. I think non-9200 PDAs are getting cycled in and will be the only Motorola devices other than the horrible comp shop MC50s.

Thank gosh! Having to toggle between Item Search and the Instocks app is time consuming.

One thing we haven't seen is when you item search something is if its active or D-code.

If I remember right, it you look above the price, it will say Discontinued if it is such. It will also say TPC, Sale, Price Cut, Clearance, Etc.

The general rule of thumb on the MyDevices... If it doesn't say anything it is Active and Normal Priced :)

I know on current PDAs, when backroom TMs do flex pulls it shows pictures and it pissed me off that we can't do that. I am so glad that we can FINALLY have that on ours.

ALL LOCATIONS. AUGH. literally finally.

If the Backroom functions work like the Instocks and Pricing tasks, it will be a piece of cake! Basically you can go into MyWork and then you select those workcenters and it changes your MyWork functions while the screens remain the same. I could see them just adding "Backroom" to those tabs and it changes what currently displays as "Pull from Stockroom" as "Pull from Location" and the "Print Signs/Labels" to "Add to Location" and your batches could be the black bar that pops up underneath that tells you what locations to go to.

So I finally gritted my teeth and decided to use an iPod for instocks instead of spending 15+ minutes trying to beg, borrow or steal a PDA (assuming I could find a walkie to do so first). Its...better than I expected. There were only a few RIGs before I switched to stocking endcaps so I didn't do too much with it but still. Kind of handy have research/pull items and item search on the same screen.

Then I let the STL know I was trying one out today and his response was something about how it doesn't show/affect outs/research dates or whatever and so still need to use PDAs whenever possible. :(

So I finally gritted my teeth and decided to use an iPod for instocks instead of spending 15+ minutes trying to beg, borrow or steal a PDA (assuming I could find a walkie to do so first). Its...better than I expected. There were only a few RIGs before I switched to stocking endcaps so I didn't do too much with it but still. Kind of handy have research/pull items and item search on the same screen.

Then I let the STL know I was trying one out today and his response was something about how it doesn't show/affect outs/research dates or whatever and so still need to use PDAs whenever possible. :(

When you shoot stand alone research or outs you need to use a PDA, since we haven't found where you can do that on the ipod in a version like the PDA.. We have tested a small section today with the ipod with its "fill from stockroom" function and we will see what it does to the stats.

When you shoot stand alone research or outs you need to use a PDA, since we haven't found where you can do that on the ipod in a version like the PDA.. We have tested a small section today with the ipod with its "fill from stockroom" function and we will see what it does to the stats.

Our store does RIGs every day but only uses a larger tasklist 3 days a week and Standalone OUTs the other for days. I'd like to play around with it more on a task list-heavy day to see how it works regarding backroom and all that and I'd rather use it more often because we have so many ipods nobody's using and PDAs are gone by 9am most days and after a year I'm kind of tired of dealing with that BS. Oh well, gotta focus on those dates I guess. Then again, haven't talked with the ETL-Log about it yet; heard about iPods doing research from the Hardlines ETL.

The general rule of thumb on the MyDevices... If it doesn't say anything it is Active and Normal Priced :)

Yeah I don't do rule of thumb with a new device, I want the tech docs.. That is what I would love to see, a stupid user manual.. I will even settle for the specs on some of these apps and the device itself.

On my way out the door this morning my ETL-GE mentioned that he had "more info" about the MyDevices. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I probably read it about two weeks ago (the most recent launch guide I have includes price change and instocks). We get hooked up next week. *WHEEEEEEEEE*

Yeah I don't do rule of thumb with a new device, I want the tech docs.. That is what I would love to see, a stupid user manual.. I will even settle for the specs on some of these apps and the device itself.
There is a pretty good guide that you can print on Workbench. It's in the back of my car right now.

There is a pretty good guide that you can print on Workbench. It's in the back of my car right now.

I have it, doesn't answer a lot of questions we have. I am talking the dry type of reading that makes your brain numb type of user manual.. One that was written by an engineer not a PR rep.. :)

I have it, doesn't answer a lot of questions we have. I am talking the dry type of reading that makes your brain numb type of user manual.. One that was written by an engineer not a PR rep.. :)
I think this is what we're using...

https://www.honeywellaidc.com/CatalogDocuments/captuvo-sl22-ipod5-data-sheet.PDF

I think this is what we're using...

https://www.honeywellaidc.com/CatalogDocuments/captuvo-sl22-ipod5-data-sheet.PDF

Yes, with a customized Target RED Sled instead of the default black.

Back