MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

The guy sounded kind of mad when I told him the myDevice was reset. He said he will push me the apps this one time but that this wasn't approved by corporate. He said that when stores reset a myDevice by themselves, sometimes it becomes unfixable. So I asked if it is unfixable, and I send it back, are they still able to recover it? He said yes. So I then asked why it was a big deal if we reset it because it was locked on the apple screen of death and we were going to have to send it back anyways. Then he just told me again that it wasn't approved by corporate... :rolleyes:
Well corporate shouldn't have given us old equipment that's starting to epically fail. We can't just send it off and be without it for 3 weeks or so. Got shit to do. Must be nice to sit at your computer while they take ours away.

The guy sounded kind of mad when I told him the myDevice was reset. He said he will push me the apps this one time but that this wasn't approved by corporate. He said that when stores reset a myDevice by themselves, sometimes it becomes unfixable. So I asked if it is unfixable, and I send it back, are they still able to recover it? He said yes. So I then asked why it was a big deal if we reset it because it was locked on the apple screen of death and we were going to have to send it back anyways. Then he just told me again that it wasn't approved by corporate... :rolleyes:

Better you than me.. You know what I am not having today? It, any of it.. :mad:

In my first half hour I went through three supposedly charged devices that either iPod died or the scanner said %100 and went to %0 in under 10min or just went black without warning from a green battery counter..

Not sure if it's come up in this thread already...

I'm at a Baby 360 store. We have a registry counter in the baby dept with 3 registry mydevices locked up at all times. A few weeks ago we got the news that we no longer get hours for a Baby Advisor. So literally NO ONE has been touching those mydevices and guest service has never needed them for extra registry guests.

Is there ANY way to repurpose a registry mydevice? While we're all scavenging for equipment and battling with flow... these are just sitting in a cabinet in infants. We could keep them charging in there for the salesfloor to use in the AM. No chance of flow getting to them before us. It'd be such a relief!

I want these options when I tie a POG, SPL, REV in stead of just the Create a SPL. I hate having to look up multiple labels to print because it no longer batches a label batch. Sometimes I think we move backwards with these updates...
@mobilelady
IMG_8262.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure if it's come up in this thread already...

I'm at a Baby 360 store. We have a registry counter in the baby dept with 3 registry mydevices locked up at all times. A few weeks ago we got the news that we no longer get hours for a Baby Advisor. So literally NO ONE has been touching those mydevices and guest service has never needed them for extra registry guests.

Is there ANY way to repurpose a registry mydevice? While we're all scavenging for equipment and battling with flow... these are just sitting in a cabinet in infants. We could keep them charging in there for the salesfloor to use in the AM. No chance of flow getting to them before us. It'd be such a relief!
That would be pretty cool if there was a way to do it. We have 8 registry devices at guest services and they're never used.

That would be pretty cool if there was a way to do it. We have 8 registry devices at guest services and they're never used.
Really don't understand why myWork can't be installed on the registry mydevices.

I'm sure I've said this before... but I wanted it again today. Having a picture available for RIGs would be amazing. Like the Item Info on the pda's for FF.

I'm sure I've said this before... but I wanted it again today. Having a picture available for RIGs would be amazing. Like the Item Info on the pda's for FF.
I'm hoping on the new Zebra devices they fuck off with the abbreviated name and at least show us a picture of the item so we're not blindly looking for shit if we're helping a guest.

I want these options when I tie a POG, SPL, REV in stead of just the Create a SPL. I hate having to look up multiple labels to print because it no longer batches a label batch. Sometimes I think we move backwards with these updates...
@mobilelady
View attachment 3074

YES totally makes sense and is something we just missed but have already talked about to make screens consistent across the app. I'll see if this can be added for a future release this year.

My money is on RIGS going away. Half of the stores in my district have stopped chasing rigs around the store for months now. With payroll where it's at, there's just not enough bang for the buck there to justify it.

Anyone else having problems with the My Device not sending batches when you tie a POG? We are currently having to manually send them through "manage inventory" and the need/purge mode. When we tie a POG it always says something about needing to do fills then do so now or something like that.

Back