MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Anyone else having problems with the My Device not sending batches when you tie a POG? We are currently having to manually send them through "manage inventory" and the need/purge mode. When we tie a POG it always says something about needing to do fills then do so now or something like that.
Did you update myWork?

And STILL no option for mispicks. You'd thine the so-called IT team would have added that by now.
I'm sure, like us in the stores, the IT team is doing the best they can with what they are told to do. I'd point the finger more at the upper leaders of IT and the company executives for the decisions as to what to prioritize.

Wow! Didn't expect this! myDevice stuck on apple screen of death, took it home to recover, ran recovery, and instead of a fresh install, it went back to normal. 1 less call to CSC, good times.

Wow! Didn't expect this! myDevice stuck on apple screen of death, took it home to recover, ran recovery, and instead of a fresh install, it went back to normal. 1 less call to CSC, good times.
Interesting! I took one home the other day just plug it in to an iPad charger to see if it would bring it back up. Couldn't bring myself to to a restore on it though. Sent it off Thursday.

Just a little throwback. Remember when we first saw this in the RED magazine and were excited?
View attachment 3083
Soon it'll be this. Fucking finally.
image.adapt.full.jpg

I was never excited - I fucking hate apple products.
Yup.
And STILL no option for mispicks. You'd thine the so-called IT team would have added that by now.
Pdas are meant for the flow team. After they deal with truck stock there should be very few mispicks. What is available on each device was crafted to fit the team using it. The one or two I catch a year grim trapped transition isn't worth adding it.

Yup.

Pdas are meant for the flow team. After they deal with truck stock there should be very few mispicks. What is available on each device was crafted to fit the team using it. The one or two I catch a year grim trapped transition isn't worth adding it.

I have several mispicks show up on pulls and salesplan pogs all the time.

Did you update myWork?

This isn't an app issue, it's system wide. None of our MyDevices are automatically sending a POG to the backroom anymore. All of them tell you to do fills even if the POG is brand new and it's the first time you're putting out. It's been My Supported by our BRTL but I just wondered if anyone else was having this issue. Guess not.

This isn't an app issue, it's system wide. None of our MyDevices are automatically sending a POG to the backroom anymore. All of them tell you to do fills even if the POG is brand new and it's the first time you're putting out. It's been My Supported by our BRTL but I just wondered if anyone else was having this issue. Guess not.

Nope you are having the same issue that a lot of stores are having. We have to do a purge batch(which for new pogs fills to cap) and those do seem to make it through. It was so nice a POG TM came to me yesterday to drop a purge batch for his salesplan so the product come out.

i've recovered a lot through recovery based on tips here. it says target will configure this device. it'll ask you for credentials csc need to email you. then they need to have the serial number to push apps to it. you can get a working target ish ipod. but no mywork.

Just a little throwback. Remember when we first saw this in the RED magazine and were excited?
View attachment 3083
we were excited cause the ipod had the potential for a lot more. when they worked they were pretty cool. the honeywell sleds were horrible. scanner has a separate battery. if its dead the device is pretty useless. then the software they wrote is really bad. talking to everyone who supports target software.. yeah this will always suck.

can the thing take a drop. can it take freezers. do we have a way to charge it outside a charging dock.

We had it happening on a few devices while other devices had the new option to drop the batch. We figured it was an updated vs. not updated issue, but that was just a guess.

It is an app issue. It was fixed this past Monday. Not all of the devices were updated so double check. The dropping is different now. It's suppose to help when you re-tie. TM have to know their batch name if there is a priority pull i.e an end cap.

Yeah the batch names for planners and POG's will look almost identical now. When in doubt about which batch is yours, just scan the POG label and the device will show "fill in progress for {your batch name here}"

Its a pain, I was told I could just switch to item search to see where it was going. Yeah after its pulled!! We like to have end caps pulled by 11 so we told the team to make note of the POG name and write it on the communication board in the backroom. Some of our crafty folks will start dropping POG fills to fill the floor more often now! Lol

Yup.

Yeah and that doesn't work when yu are on the sales floor at 8 am. So I have a mydevice that isnt quite dead that I keep making work.

we were excited cause the ipod had the potential for a lot more. when they worked they were pretty cool. the honeywell sleds were horrible. scanner has a separate battery. if its dead the device is pretty useless. then the software they wrote is really bad. talking to everyone who supports target software.. yeah this will always suck.

can the thing take a drop. can it take freezers. do we have a way to charge it outside a charging dock.
Haven't seen a zebra but if its android yes. Honeywell has always been s*** outside HVAC

Back