MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Then they have the audacity to get upset when you don't want to pull out your phone to help a guest.

It's bad enough that I have to use my personal battery brick to get one charged, my ETL finally got a charging cable so we can keep these up and running. So I have plug it and charge it, use it for a while then when the other In-stock pushers come in, get the almost dead one they have and give them my charged device and keep trading until my brick dies. But then we have two or three devices charged devices.

You do know you can see the batch name when you scan the pog header, right? Not that difficult to write it down so you know what's yours.

That being said, yes, it would be way more helpful to have the batches named like they used to be.

Yea I know that. But it's a waste of time when your doing a bunch of revisions and when it comes to pushing our batch, everything gets mixed together.

Hooray!

Our store got 25 Zebra devices today. Leaders were given them as kind of a preview and to make sure everything was working well. I got to use one my entire shift and it's night and day. For many little reasons, and a few big ones.

Swappable batteries, works after it dies 100% and gets a new battery, scanners that work properly, and a larger screen that is far clearer then the mydevice. The only downside is the somewhat awkward way you hold it if you use the included hand strap. Your fingers are held too tightly against the device, so pressing the scan button on the side results in some mild odd finger bending to get right. I ended up not using the strap at all.

They fit perfectly in LPDA holsters (which are still on SAPS, as I have ordered a ton to replace the crappy ones the are for the mydevice), so get ordering now ;)

All in all, it's a lot better in so many ways. I am pleasantly surprised.

Just a general rant..

So fucking tired of the apple logo of death.. We are up 16 devices that have died with this BS.. We have others that have scanners that are busted but we can't send them out cause we have so many already out.. We have 28 total devices.. This is getting ridiculous. And waiting weeks to get them back is not cool..

We need equipment to do our damn jobs!!!!!!

/rant
If the device works and the case has failed, you can get it out of the case. We've done it. It will work for a little while.

If the device works and the case has failed, you can get it out of the case. We've done it. It will work for a little while.

I would like to have an ETL on my side to hack these things up.. I don't have that. In my store most of the ETL's are chicken shits who have had their spines removed. They would so toss my ass under the bus if anyone questioned it.

Good case and crap iPod, I would love to swap that case to the good iPod we have but the case is dead. A couple screws and about 5min to get it up and going.

I would like to have an ETL on my side to hack these things up.. I don't have that. In my store most of the ETL's are chicken shits who have had their spines removed. They would so toss my ass under the bus if anyone questioned it.

Good case and crap iPod, I would love to swap that case to the good iPod we have but the case is dead. A couple screws and about 5min to get it up and going.
Screwdriver and a couple minutes and nobody is wiser. Serial number is for ipod, not case.... right?

This is why I tracked them by weather. Any ever figure out why IT left Cnet and Fandango apps on it?

That doesn't address the problem, you're just putting a band-aid on it. I assume (because it would be ridiculous if this wasn't the case) that Target documents the dimensions of every single product that is sold in the stores. From those dimensions, planograms are created and capacities are calculated. Fix the error that is causing these capacity errors so stores can stop wasting payroll changing capacities all day long.

Yeah, I know it's just a bandaid but it's still something that should be there.

i've just explained i can get you a working device or not. i've hooked them up to personal device, taken them home, got shifts just to fix mydevices. they were hesitant but the first day i gave them 5 mydevices that showed the apple logo to working/scanning, they let me do whatever.

i've just explained i can get you a working device or not. i've hooked them up to personal device, taken them home, got shifts just to fix mydevices. they were hesitant but the first day i gave them 5 mydevices that showed the apple logo to working/scanning, they let me do whatever.
Do you just plug them into iTunes and let it restore? I thought they used a custom image, so I wasn't sure if that would work on just any iTunes.

It would be nice to just get iTunes installed on one workstation to fix this issue. We send out a few a week with the apple logo.

Do you just plug them into iTunes and let it restore? I thought they used a custom image, so I wasn't sure if that would work on just any iTunes.

It would be nice to just get iTunes installed on one workstation to fix this issue. We send out a few a week with the apple logo.
There are a couple of steps you have to do in order to connect it to itunes. The last one I restored is worked just like normal after disconnecting from itunes.

We just got all new charging docks for our mydevices, and supposedly (I've heard..) even some of the ones stuck on the apple logo started working.
A majority of the time, being stuck on the apple logo is an easy fix. The red sleds are poorly designed and when the ipod is completely drained, the sled does not provide enough juice to boot it back up. At our store, taking the ipod out of the sled and plugging it directly to an outlet fixes this issue almost every time. Maybe the new charging station are doing the same thing.

you have to call client support. they'll give you the log in credentials. its usually the same, but sometimes they change it up. then they have to push the apps like mywork to the device.

Back