MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I don't like the way the hip printer labels look. I only use them for flex labels. Makes it easier to spot what's been flexed. We don't usuallt do the whole flippy label thing.

At my store, pricing hogs all the flippy label holders and so it's rare if you have any. What you can do, is peel off the top thin part of the adhesive (where it comes apart) and stick it by that part onto the bullnose. Makes a clear visual indicator without a flippy.

Any store have a My Device stolen yet?

Today a guest took a Pricing TMs device and ditched the outer casing in softlines. o_O

Some TMs have a habit of leaving their equipment unattended in carts I guess.

Today a guest took a Pricing TMs device and ditched the outer casing in softlines. o_O

Within 2 weeks of receiving them in October we had a guest steal one.

Yeah we 'hog' them all because our job requires us to use them -_-

No, I get that your job requires it. But when the price team will not give electronics one flippy, and will swipe the boxes of them off an order before the person who ordered them can grab them, it's being a tad too possessive. To relate this in another department, spider locks. At least at my store, electronics keeps the large majority of them on hand. However, we don't hog them, because 1) We don't keep all of them and take them from others who order or request them and 2) If you ask for some, we give them to you. My main complaint about "hogging" is that they take them off another TL's orders for themselves. If Price orders more clearance labels, Hardlines doesn't take all the boxes off the order before Price can use them, but if Electronics or SF orders more flippys, Price takes them and doesn't let us use any. That's the issue.

We were told at huddle some store has had all theirs stolen...doubtful but it could happen. Ap expressed the the need to keep them on your person or in a locked locker...

I had a wooly idea earlier for the mydevice. Link them to the call buttons to where it gives u an alert, and you can click something on screen that clears it and, since your logged in, announces whos responding (i hate that computer woman lol)

just a thought :eek:

Good idea, but it defeats the purpose of getting to the guest in 60 seconds.

Does anyone recognize the type of USB port on the bottom of the Honeywell sled? I tried searching the product information pages for the Honeywell SL22 enterprise sled and found only references to USB-mini, which it does not look like.

I constantly run into low battery issues during my shift and had the idea of carrying a MyCharge battery in the holster that I can plug into with a very short cable, assuming the port routes power to the iPod and not just data. I could pull the iPod out and use a Lightning cable, but I would prefer to keep it in the sled.

Are white tickets / labels available yet?

You might need to be a little more specific for me, we can print white signs and shelf labels. In the next version you'll be able to print UPC labels, not sure if that's what you are referring to.

Does anyone recognize the type of USB port on the bottom of the Honeywell sled? I tried searching the product information pages for the Honeywell SL22 enterprise sled and found only references to USB-mini, which it does not look like.

It's proprietary and it can power the sled. I have a cable right next to me and while Honeywell likes to call it "standard to mini USB" that's a complete lie, you can't fit a mini USB cable in there. A quick Google search shows the cables go for about $20-30 and we don't at all suggest TMs to spend their own money on these and carry around battery packs and such to get their jobs done.
I highly suggest taking @TiedAndDropped 's advice and try turning the brightness down to at least 75% (the top end is crazy bright and drains battery like it's its job), also lock the device before you put it into the holster if you don't plan on using it for a bit and you can always check and make sure Bluetooth is off as I know that gets turn on accidentally from time to time thanks to Control Center (the swipe up from the bottom of the screen).

But for those still curious the official name for the cable as far as I can tell is CBL-500-120-S00-00 (rolls right off the tongue!)

I had a wooly idea earlier for the mydevice. Link them to the call buttons to where it gives u an alert, and you can click something on screen that clears it and, since your logged in, announces whos responding (i hate that computer woman lol)

just a thought :eek:
vintage_retro_women_50s_woman_ad_its_a_snap_sticker-rd859ea3b6596433a81d76cbf1b952633_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg

Not sure if anyone has heard this yet, but my team leader told me the other day that mydevices will soon be able to take credit cards.

Now I didn't ask him to elaborate, but this can mean 2 things:

1: If the guest wants an online item, go to guest checkout in the Target app and use the iPod's camera to capture card information.

2: Mobile POS purchases

I really hope it's the former.

I constantly run into low battery issues during my shift and had the idea of carrying a MyCharge battery in the holster that I can plug into with a very short cable, assuming the port routes power to the iPod and not just data. I could pull the iPod out and use a Lightning cable, but I would prefer to keep it in the sled.
I turned all the screen brightness down on all of ours. They last a lot longer, but I also use a lightning cable to charge it a little while I'm on my 15 or 30. It goes a long way.

I really, really like these new devices. The software team has done a great job.

A few take-aways:

The scanning issue. Sometimes it won't scan. Restarting the app(Double tap home, swipe up) doesn't always resolve the problem. Low battery isn't the problem. Only a full reboot resolves the problem.

Ordering, like in produce, is very slow compared to with a PDA. This was mentioned earlier in the topic, I saw, but wanted to mention it again. We use the order guide, and when the network is slow, waiting 10-15 seconds for each item to scan, and enter the quantity is simply a waste of time. At least on the PDA, you could build up a queue and it would catch up as time allowed. Scan, scan, scan! Due to iOS's limitations, I'm not sure you could allow for a queue. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. I do appreciate you adding the default "1", though, as seen in "Toss." One less tap.

The way the device shows an item is brilliant. Well done. Again, though, I'll pick at it -- QMOS is slower. Yes, we can scan it, and it adds the default "1," but it'd be great if there was a separate "mode" for "Toss." That way, when in "Toss" mode, any item you scan will be instantly QMOS'd by a factor of 1, giving you the option to add a greater quantity like the PDA's did. This would be great for random weight meat or cut fruit, as quantities or poundage simply isn't allowed.

We no longer have EXF batches with these devices, which makes me sad. Nor do we have LOCU. I'm not a backroom team member, but I do backstock produce, meat, and deli. I ran into a problem today with a few boxes that weren't pulled for whatever reason(truly baffles me,) and went out of date. They were the only items on the shelf, but instead of being able to LOCU, then QMOS the items, I had to "Take" each box. A small inconvenience.

I'm teaching everyone in the food areas how to use the devices little by little. So far, they love their functionality and informative display. Your team really deserves recognition for such a great job!

Are white tickets / labels available yet?
You might need to be a little more specific for me, we can print white signs and shelf labels. In the next version you'll be able to print UPC labels, not sure if that's what you are referring to.@OtherGuy, you are correct ap is referring the to UPC/barcode labels. I would love to see that happen.

As @DoWork said, these devices are excellent and the developers have done an excellent job. From a salesfloor perspective, here's what my team and I think:

First, we rejoiced with glory when SUBT and STO were added. For large-scale backstocking, I still use PDA STO, but that's fine, because the myDevices weren't designed for BR use (yet anyways), so the way those two apps function is perfect for the salesfloor and allows us to pull our items without bothering the BR team.

The way the information is presented on the two myWork screens is excellent. It's organized well and provides all the useful information in one spot. The myDevices have done an excellent job at taking all the information that used to be in many different RFApps and putting it in one easy to read place.

The scanners do continue to be an issue. Sometimes a restart of myWork fixes the problem, and sometimes you have to restart the device completely. The lucky times you just have to wait about 10 seconds. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I have noticed that more recently after about 10+ minutes of inactivity, the scanner will take a while to turn on, and then my first scan after that will get the "Doggone It" screen and I'll have to scan again. myWork will also disconnect from the wifi (When I unlock the iPod, it's connected, and when I open myWork it disconnects for a few seconds, displaying "Sorry, hold on").

It would be nice to have the ability to name your label and signing batches, as well as print UPC labels/UPC with price a la BCODE (and thankfully BCODE-esque labels are coming next update). I am often told to do things in other departments on my side of the store, so I may find myself printing 3x5's for Bikes, 3x5's for cameras, shelf labels for MMB, and it would be convenient to be able to name the batches as such. I would also like to be able to print generic labels for things like aisle locations. (if this is already possible, I would love to hear how). A "label printing" mode would be nice for those times I have to BCODE all of the DCODE video games and movies for the endcap.

A convenience on these devices is the presence of the Target App and Cartwheel. In my opinion, it's better to have it all on one device (now I don't have to use my personal phone to show guests Cartwheel and the Target app) and you can show the guest exactly where to find the information they are looking for on the screens they see, rather than trying to translate price inquiry, merch locate, item search, NOP, or myWork from Target-Speak to English. Need to ask for a DPCI over the phone from the Target app? Search for the item yourself or walk the guest through finding the DPCI or "Not Sold in Stores" (extremely helpful to show them where that is listed, because they don't always see that and then get angry when I say we don't carry it) over the phone while you see the same things they do, and they feel like you made an effort to help them learn instead of doing it for them.

Overall, the myDevices have improved greatly from when I first started using one and have become my preferred tool over an LPDA for the things I use it for. Not just the big improvements like SUBT and STO, but the little things as well like the addition of ZDATE, simple label printing, and easy to understand format, as well as the "sorry, hold on" to differentiate from "please wait" have helped make them easier to use. The camera on it has actually helped me in a few instances where I snuck a covert picture of a suspect for AP and deleted it once I showed it to them. Now, if only TMs would stop dropping them.

I didn't read this whole thread, so sorry if this has been answered already. Is there anywhere on workbench where I can read how to use myDevice.
I can't figure out how to do a batch. I can't find where it shows how many redcards we have. I can't find a lot of things.

When I ask people to show me how to do things all they do is click on buttons not explaining what they are doing (awful trainers)

It sucks.

As @DoWork said, these devices are excellent and the developers have done an excellent job. From a salesfloor perspective, here's what my team and I think:

First, we rejoiced with glory when SUBT and STO were added. For large-scale backstocking, I still use PDA STO, but that's fine, because the myDevices weren't designed for BR use (yet anyways), so the way those two apps function is perfect for the salesfloor and allows us to pull our items without bothering the BR team.

The way the information is presented on the two myWork screens is excellent. It's organized well and provides all the useful information in one spot. The myDevices have done an excellent job at taking all the information that used to be in many different RFApps and putting it in one easy to read place.

The scanners do continue to be an issue. Sometimes a restart of myWork fixes the problem, and sometimes you have to restart the device completely. The lucky times you just have to wait about 10 seconds. Not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I have noticed that more recently after about 10+ minutes of inactivity, the scanner will take a while to turn on, and then my first scan after that will get the "Doggone It" screen and I'll have to scan again. myWork will also disconnect from the wifi (When I unlock the iPod, it's connected, and when I open myWork it disconnects for a few seconds, displaying "Sorry, hold on").

It would be nice to have the ability to name your label and signing batches, as well as print UPC labels/UPC with price a la BCODE (and thankfully BCODE-esque labels are coming next update). I am often told to do things in other departments on my side of the store, so I may find myself printing 3x5's for Bikes, 3x5's for cameras, shelf labels for MMB, and it would be convenient to be able to name the batches as such. I would also like to be able to print generic labels for things like aisle locations. (if this is already possible, I would love to hear how). A "label printing" mode would be nice for those times I have to BCODE all of the DCODE video games and movies for the endcap.

A convenience on these devices is the presence of the Target App and Cartwheel. In my opinion, it's better to have it all on one device (now I don't have to use my personal phone to show guests Cartwheel and the Target app) and you can show the guest exactly where to find the information they are looking for on the screens they see, rather than trying to translate price inquiry, merch locate, item search, NOP, or myWork from Target-Speak to English. Need to ask for a DPCI over the phone from the Target app? Search for the item yourself or walk the guest through finding the DPCI or "Not Sold in Stores" (extremely helpful to show them where that is listed, because they don't always see that and then get angry when I say we don't carry it) over the phone while you see the same things they do, and they feel like you made an effort to help them learn instead of doing it for them.

Overall, the myDevices have improved greatly from when I first started using one and have become my preferred tool over an LPDA for the things I use it for. Not just the big improvements like SUBT and STO, but the little things as well like the addition of ZDATE, simple label printing, and easy to understand format, as well as the "sorry, hold on" to differentiate from "please wait" have helped make them easier to use. The camera on it has actually helped me in a few instances where I snuck a covert picture of a suspect for AP and deleted it once I showed it to them. Now, if only TMs would stop dropping them.
Ha, I drop mine at least 3 times a week. I panicked every time because the damn case opens.

I didn't read this whole thread, so sorry if this has been answered already. Is there anywhere on workbench where I can read how to use myDevice.
I can't figure out how to do a batch. I can't find where it shows how many redcards we have. I can't find a lot of things.

When I ask people to show me how to do things all they do is click on buttons not explaining what they are doing (awful trainers)

It sucks.
What kind of batch? Like a EXF/OUTs? And at the moment they don't show how many RCs. I think that it is coming in a future update for the myProgress app.

Yes exf/outs
There's no dedicated OUTs/EXF on the MyDevices but all you need to do is scan the label/put in the DCPI (Just go to search, switch the keyboard to numbers and go from there. No need to preface the DCPI with 49 anymore!). Near the middle of the screen it'll tell you how many are on hand and if there's any in the backroom. If there are, tap that and you've got a couple options here. One, it'll ask you how many are at a location; if there's several you can swipe to the location you're at. Put in the quantity and it'll create a batch to fill that location. Or if you just need more pulled? Swipe to "Get More."

While you've been doing this, you should have noticed a blue circle with a number up by the profile icon up top. The number is how many open batches you have. Tap to the profile page and the top will show each batch. To close and drop a batch, just tap the "Close" button. Item batches show up as a "ITM-???" I don't actually remember what the ??? is; fill group maybe? Be sure to let the backroom know you made the batch and all that if you're not going to go back and pull it yourself with a PDA.

At least, I'm pretty sure how it works; I spend most my time in Research mode these days.

Back