MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

That MyDevice I had a few weeks back with the wonky task list for another store? Turns out it still has it. Found out when an instocks coworker came up to me a little worried about what today's workload looked like.

Also, is anyone else running into issues trying to view items on Target.com coming from the MyWork app? The last few times I've tried it the Target app opens, I get a white screen and back to desktop I think.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Today I asked where the M9200s went. You know, the ones that the back room has to use because all the functionality isn't set on the myDevices? My genius STL shipped everything back to the DRC.
My condolences but I am also kind of laughing a whole lot right now. Don't worry, they'll probably ship him back too.

I tie with a mydevice, it prints all price accuracy, and pog peg labels. sometimes i've retied with a mydevice and it definitly doesn't drop another batch, it even tells you if you haven't filled, do it now. however, yesterday was the second occurance where I tie a whole 6 section pog, but previously had up to 4 different pogs tied to the aisle. the other pogs didnt untie. I untied the two sections I didnt take labels out of yet by scanning the previous headers. luckily for me it didn't take long to figure out the previous pogs which needed to be untied, and made it all right. looking back, I commented about the pda's being micosoft and mydevice obviously being apple. shockingly, my etl logistics even had to ponder a second to realize this. no wonder they are being literally taken out, that's a conflict of interest don't ya think?! they are even experimenting with apple stores in target, like a starbucks essentially
Edit: which i want to add, PLEASE add an apple store to my target. I think it's a great idea. truly, for sales and growth of all the company. I know the nearest apple store is downtown, and I DON'T want to make the drive. how cool to go in your target, check out the cool gadgets you have no intention to buy today, then well, you might as well buy some things, you're already here

Last edited:
Today my coworker was doing the SDA on a MyDevice and she showed me that on the calendar November was missing but there were 2 Octobers and Decembers o_O
I did SDA today and was missing April, but I had two Mays. I wasn't able to put in anything that was short dated for April -- which was almost everything in the 25 item task list.

I did SDA today and was missing April, but I had two Mays. I wasn't able to put in anything that was short dated for April -- which was almost everything in the 25 item task list.
This. Thought it was early April fools. Did notice it gives the option to short date socks. Was trying to see if we could print repack labels with them...

...would still like to be able to choose where my qmos came from. I'm tired of getting my kids to use a device only to have to backstock double pulls the next day when they can't qmos and have it not replenish.

...also NEED a way to print tags without it printing for the next hour. It only prints shelf labels anyway, I need ones with the date. But if I'm trying to print flex labels it prints even after I disconnect from a printer.

...pricing had been told to not use them because of ticket counts being off. I want to bang my head through a desk. So much bad communication.

Today my coworker was doing the SDA on a MyDevice and she showed me that on the calendar November was missing but there were 2 Octobers and Decembers o_O
Sooooo funny thing about that, apparently SDA doesn't work on the 31st of month... :oops: we're working on it.

...would still like to be able to choose where my qmos came from. I'm tired of getting my kids to use a device only to have to backstock double pulls the next day when they can't qmos and have it not replenish.
You shouldn't need to choose anything as long as you are using the MyDevice. If it's on the sales floor simply use Toss, if it is in the backroom use Take to remove it from a backroom location and then use Toss. It will handle sales accumulator perfectly if you do that. (Take "puts an item on the sales floor" and Toss "removes an item from the sales floor" no need to choose anymore).
The only ways this process would cause over replenishment was if people were not using Take to remove items from the back room (either they are using a PDA SUBT or they are simply grabbing items out of locations without properly updating the location).

So the simple answer is to use the MyDevice for both actions, but let's say for some reason you want to use the PDA to remove items, well you can, but it's counter intuitive. On the PDA instead of picking "2-OUTDATE/DAMAGED" you must choose "1-GUEST/SF REQUEST" that will fix your replenishment problems.

yesterday was the second occurance where I tie a whole 6 section pog, but previously had up to 4 different pogs tied to the aisle. the other pogs didnt untie.
That has always been the case even with the old PDA. The only old POG that will untie is the one that started in the same section as the new POG. Other POGs in that aisle must have the ties broken manually.

I often tie a dozen or more revisions at a time. Will the MyDevices ever be able to batch the Price Accuracy printing? As it is now each revision creates an individual "batch". With a dozen revisions I have to go through the 6 or 8 or whatever clicks needed to print each one, and end up with a dozen sheets of printer paper, most of them with just the POG header on them.

Instead of wasting paper and time I make one or more batches of my own through F9 - F7....... - F12. It's quicker than printing each individual MyDevice "batch", but takes a lot longer than printing the one batch a PDA produces.

Also, will we ever have the option to not create a new POG fill batch when we tie a revision? That option would really help keep New Releases off the salesfloor until their Street Date. With the PDA you could tie and set a POG on Monday, and drop the fill batch on Tuesday morning, the Street Date.

That has always been the case even with the old PDA. The only old POG that will untie is the one that started in the same section as the new POG. Other POGs in that aisle must have the ties broken manually.
But this wasn't supposed to be the case with iPDAs. They were supposed to take in account the length of the planogram. I'll use my store for example: we have 6 4ft section on our gondolas 6x4=24ft. So let's say a planogram is 24ft so it's the full length of our gondola. If anything is tied to any section it kicks out that 24ft POG to alleviate any overlapping. That was the case when we first got them. Now I've noticed it doesn't do it anymore. @UIguy & @OtherGuy anyway this could be put back in?

:oops:
You shouldn't need to choose anything as long as you are using the MyDevice. If it's on the sales floor simply use Toss, if it is in the backroom use Take to remove it from a backroom location and then use Toss. It will handle sales accumulator perfectly if you do that. (Take "puts an item on the sales floor" and Toss "removes an item from the sales floor" no need to choose anymore).
The only ways this process would cause over replenishment was if people were not using Take to remove items from the back room (either they are using a PDA SUBT or they are simply grabbing items out of locations without properly updating the location).

So the simple answer is to use the MyDevice for both actions, but let's say for some reason you want to use the PDA to remove items, well you can, but it's counter intuitive. On the PDA instead of picking "2-OUTDATE/DAMAGED" you must choose "1-GUEST/SF REQUEST" that will fix your replenishment problems.
If only things backstocked too close to caf times didn't come back out in the noon pull this would work. But if I have twice the correct capacity out and qmos the new stuff, cause it needs it, the accumulator rarely accounts for that. Seriously. Plus the backroom isn't using a mydevice to pull but we are to qmos. That's not going to change from the sounds of it. I can't control that two devices are used. I can only control what my team uses to qmos. I'll just keep reminding them to qmos with the pda we keep on hand to print with, since we have to carry it and use it might as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA Today I asked where the M9200s went. You know, the ones that the back room has to use because all the functionality isn't set on the myDevices? My genius STL shipped everything back to the DRC.
Please tell me this is an April Fools joke... If not, I have so many questions.

Like how did he manage to get them all AND ship them out without anyone noticing/stopping him?

And what did backroom do all day?

What did ETL-LOG have to say?

We are not an overnight store, so at close he gathered them all up and put them in boxes to be shipped to the DRC. Receiving Desk has no idea what's in the boxes - he just hands 'em off.

He had to borrow devices from two nearby stores.

What could the ETL-LOG say? Uh, we kinda need those to get our work done.

We are not an overnight store, so at close he gathered them all up and put them in boxes to be shipped to the DRC. Receiving Desk has no idea what's in the boxes - he just hands 'em off.

He had to borrow devices from two nearby stores.

What could the ETL-LOG say? Uh, we kinda need those to get our work done.

I'm just hoping that at some point he gets his raise review from the DTL.
"Yes, I know you're only getting a $25 a month raise this year. Do you remember the dumb thing you did with the M9200s?"

He's already gotten his annual review. It was a long one, but he's okay. He's been with Target for a long, long time and is consistently Golden. Yes, he will get shit about it but he gets shit about a lot of stuff. And you all know my favorite saying: you can throw shit uphill, but it always rolls back down, heavier.

I often tie a dozen or more revisions at a time. Will the MyDevices ever be able to batch the Price Accuracy printing? As it is now each revision creates an individual "batch". With a dozen revisions I have to go through the 6 or 8 or whatever clicks needed to print each one, and end up with a dozen sheets of printer paper, most of them with just the POG header on them.

Instead of wasting paper and time I make one or more batches of my own through F9 - F7....... - F12. It's quicker than printing each individual MyDevice "batch", but takes a lot longer than printing the one batch a PDA produces.

Also, will we ever have the option to not create a new POG fill batch when we tie a revision? That option would really help keep New Releases off the salesfloor until their Street Date. With the PDA you could tie and set a POG on Monday, and drop the fill batch on Tuesday morning, the Street Date.
You can select multiple label batches before hitting print and they will put them on the same page.

You can select multiple label batches before hitting print and they will put them on the same page.
This works when you're printing pog batches; however, if you are printing store created batches of labels, the program will only print one batch at a time. You can select multiple store created batches, but it will print them on separate sheets.

I tie with a mydevice, it prints all price accuracy, and pog peg labels. sometimes i've retied with a mydevice and it definitly doesn't drop another batch, it even tells you if you haven't filled, do it now. however, yesterday was the second occurance where I tie a whole 6 section pog, but previously had up to 4 different pogs tied to the aisle. the other pogs didnt untie. I untied the two sections I didnt take labels out of yet by scanning the previous headers. luckily for me it didn't take long to figure out the previous pogs which needed to be untied, and made it all right.

But this wasn't supposed to be the case with iPDAs. They were supposed to take in account the length of the planogram. I'll use my store for example: we have 6 4ft section on our gondolas 6x4=24ft. So let's say a planogram is 24ft so it's the full length of our gondola. If anything is tied to any section it kicks out that 24ft POG to alleviate any overlapping. That was the case when we first got them. Now I've noticed it doesn't do it anymore. @UIguy & @OtherGuy anyway this could be put back in?

EDITED: We actually had to remove this feature because each department didn't have standardized lengths and it lead to a lot of POGs being mistakenly untied. We are working with the Merch team to get some standardization in place so we add this feature back.

If only things backstocked too close to caf times didn't come back out in the noon pull this would work. But if I have twice the correct capacity out and qmos the new stuff, cause it needs it, the accumulator rarely accounts for that. Seriously. Plus the backroom isn't using a mydevice to pull but we are to qmos. That's not going to change from the sounds of it. I can't control that two devices are used. I can only control what my team uses to qmos. I'll just keep reminding them to qmos with the pda we keep on hand to print with, since we have to carry it and use it might as well.
We'll see what we can do here to alleviate the mixing issues, we just had a long discussion on this, lots of moving parts. One thing we will be adding for next release is SDA for backroom, which will handle both the removing of items and tossing them in one fluid flow. This should remedy a good chunk of the issues, assuming people use the MyDevice of course, but I'm hoping after people see how we have simplified the process everyone will be using them for SDA. :)

Last edited:
Something must of broke as it sure wasn't removed and we put it in awhile ago. We are looking into it, we haven't received any reports from the CSC so I'm questioning if this is a special scenario, is this happening ALL the time? It could help us if someone where to either private message me or call into the CSC their store number and POGs they did this with so we could more quickly figure out the root of the problem. :)

We'll see what we can do here to alleviate the mixing issues, we just had a long discussion on this, lots of moving parts. One thing we will be adding for next release is SDA for backroom, which will handle both the removing of items and tossing them in one fluid flow. This should remedy a good chunk of the issues, assuming people use the MyDevice of course, but I'm hoping after people see how we have simplified the process everyone will be using them for SDA. :)
I mean just yesterday we had to untie old POGs because they didn't break with whole gondola new ones. So it seems like it broke somewhere down the line.

I had a wooly idea earlier for the mydevice. Link them to the call buttons to where it gives u an alert, and you can click something on screen that clears it and, since your logged in, announces whos responding (i hate that computer woman lol)

just a thought :eek:

I had a wooly idea earlier for the mydevice. Link them to the call buttons to where it gives u an alert, and you can click something on screen that clears it and, since your logged in, announces whos responding (i hate that computer woman lol)

just a thought :eek:
I like the alert on the screen part. Sometimes I've had a call box go off but it didn't announce it on the walkie. I only heard the "a team member will be here in 60 seconds" part on the actual box speaker. But right now REDwire is crap and unreliable after an hour to recieve alerts so that would have to be fixed to allow alerts after the logout time.

This works when you're printing pog batches; however, if you are printing store created batches of labels, the program will only print one batch at a time. You can select multiple store created batches, but it will print them on separate sheets.
I would grab a hip printer.

I don't like the way the hip printer labels look. I only use them for flex labels. Makes it easier to spot what's been flexed. We don't usually do the whole flippy label thing.

Last edited:
Back