MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

thank you!! where is the mywork starter guide located? i need to make sure i know all this.
If you go on Workbench and use the search function at the top and type in "myWork Starter Guide", it should pull a guide up that has visual pictures of every function of the myDevice aside from new function, which can be printed individually. The new guides are as follows: (just simply search these, too) SUBT process guide, STO process guide, QMOS/TOSS process guide, SDA process guide, PCV guide. Now the main guide was only supposed to be used during the initial rollout--because with updates process could change--but it's still very helpful. And like I said ALL these guides have pictures and step by step directions.
SIM (Single Item Markdown) has a guide but it has very small visual pictures but it has a step by step directions below it. You can search this one as well. This function is coming up next month on the myWork update.

Last edited:
The crashing seems to be happening at my store (and it's a major complaint).

Is the accuracy going to be worse if the team tries to sneak around and use PDAs sometimes (especially for labels) and mydevices sometimes? (I know they're sneaking PDAs and using them sometimes).

Edit: our mydevices are updated as well (correct version of the my work app)

We have had to use PDAs many times because of my device issues, we mix them up and it seems to have no ill effect on the scoring. Pricing will eventually be removed from the PDA though, so I heard. So its best just to use the mydevice when you can so you get used to it. I know its tough to do, especially with the myworkapp crashing amd moving slow all the time. its like second nature to me though .. i just learn how to work with crappy equipment!

So I had a chance today to test the "list jumps around when you scan outside of it" issue" a little. We always have some RIGs up at the checklanes and one of the checklanes has an endcap of DVDs; today there were 2 RIGs on that lane and none of them were movies. Scanned a few of the movies, changed counts and watched as the task list bounced me back between the two RIGs with each DVD. I was the only one in the task list today.

@OtherGuy @UIguy - Quick suggestions -

When a POG TM ties a new POG or SPL and the myDevice tells them that "A43907H" will be untied - is it possible to include the actual description into this? From a SFLA perspective, I think a little additional description would be great when we are untying old POGs or SPLs. For example - I am trying to tie a new Nutella side cap, and assume that I'm untying the old Jif side cap when that question is asked. Instead, I find later that the permanent battery outpost down the aisle has been untied, and the Jif still remains tied. Just a little extra description could prove very useful.

Also - I would love to see more use of item pictures in certain places. Whether for RIGs, RSCH, Pricing, or even SDA - having quick picture validation in numerous instances on the sales floor could certainly help out w/ count and zone integrity. The pictures don't have to appear by default of course, but a simple button similar to what's on myFA would do the trick!

Finally - you've got my vote for myPerformance for store leadership. Up to date sales, RC numbers, payroll, etc. would make lives so much easier. I feel like this is a simple "on" button almost - as the app is already available at the STL level.

Great job with this initiative, I am VERY excited to see where this goes in the future. Keep up the good work!

Also, while I have your attention. I'm sometimes a flow team member that assists in backstocking after the truck and I often have to use a mydevice (I know myWork isn't made with the backroom in mind). Is there any way to make a challenge indicator so you don't have to scan a backroom location to determine if the item is being challenged? Typically, I'll scan a barcode, holster the device, grab a handful of items, put a few in a waco and scan the location. If something is challenge, I have to pick the items back up. Having a noise or an icon would really help me be more efficient while backstocking.
We could maybe do an icon, a noise is tricky as we don't really have a backroom mode so that would mean the sound would play every time you scanned that item while it's being challenged and it wouldn't be obvious as to why a sound played. It's always surprising how much these "not backroom" devices get used in the backroom, I guess adding stow and take opened Pandora's Box :)

The problem is when it comes to items with multiple locations. Let's say I'm on aisle F30 and the item being researched has a location on F39. Since I don't want to zero out a count without checking the other locations I will input the correct quantity in each location. Once I click on update counts the task list will then jump to the highest aisle location instead of staying on the current aisle on the task list. So my task list is now on F39 instead of F30 even though the product is on both aisles. If I scan other items on F30 it might bring the task list back to that aisle, but it may also go to a random aisle in between, even if the item is only located on F30.
You can't 0 out a count without entering a count for all the locations. The rule is you can do upcounts with incomplete location info, but to do a down count you must enter a qty for all smart schematics. So you should be able to work your way through F30 to F39 following the task list and enter the count for the item once you get there. It will also work if you enter a count for it in F30 and another user does it in F39.

So I had a chance today to test the "list jumps around when you scan outside of it" issue" a little. We always have some RIGs up at the checklanes and one of the checklanes has an endcap of DVDs; today there were 2 RIGs on that lane and none of them were movies. Scanned a few of the movies, changed counts and watched as the task list bounced me back between the two RIGs with each DVD. I was the only one in the task list today.
I think I know the issue you are running into. In the current version if you are using "type" sort instead of path there is a weird jumping behavior that we have fixed in the next version. That said if you want to flow through the store in the most logical way I highly suggest using path sort, as type sort will put all the RIGs "items" on top so you'll skip the RSCH "areas" so basically to do all tasks you'll need to loop through the store twice. Of course I understand there are reasons you'd want to finish all the RIGs tasks first, it's just a little jumpy in this version.

@OtherGuy @UIguy question around last selling price. Sorry if this is a repeat.

Will the MyDevice be able to show the last selling price for salvage items a guest might find on the floor?
In the next version

We have had to use PDAs many times because of my device issues, we mix them up and it seems to have no ill effect on the scoring. Pricing will eventually be removed from the PDA though, so I heard. So its best just to use the mydevice when you can so you get used to it. I know its tough to do, especially with the myworkapp crashing amd moving slow all the time. its like second nature to me though .. i just learn how to work with crappy equipment!

Totally understand (about learning to work with crappy equipment)! But I work with some grumpy older people who are resistant to change and get really worked up when the equipment doesn't work (hence the pda hording and constant complaints) :-/

Anyone know if the mydevice allows you to go into a division to ticket clearance for any department? For example, if I had an item in shoes to ticket (like if it were missed clearance or whatever) I could go into the "Intimates" division on the PDA and ticket it. (Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't use the price change functions often and we don't have great resources on workbench for mydevice with price change.)
Thanks!

Any chance that you might be developing a way to print 3x5 signs from the portable printer? We were able to do this before the myDevices. It would be really helpful to be able to print fact tags/info signs and artist/title cards directly to a portable printer.

I was going to update the browser today and realized that the portable printer is no longer an option. I was connected to the portable printer and had been printing labels just fine. But when I swapped out the rolls to print 3x5s, the signs just kept batching to the main printer. So the browser did not get much attention from me today.

Last edited:
Totally understand (about learning to work with crappy equipment)! But I work with some grumpy older people who are resistant to change and get really worked up when the equipment doesn't work (hence the pda hording and constant complaints) :-/

Anyone know if the mydevice allows you to go into a division to ticket clearance for any department? For example, if I had an item in shoes to ticket (like if it were missed clearance or whatever) I could go into the "Intimates" division on the PDA and ticket it. (Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't use the price change functions often and we don't have great resources on workbench for mydevice with price change.)
Thanks!

You can ticket anything, anytime while under price change mode. Its not like the PDAs where you had to be under a department or specific aisle.

The myDevices at my store can't pull anything from the stock room. We can use the option to fill from the stock room, but we have to ask a backroom team member to actually pull it from the system under our batch names.
Yes you can touch name of product its in blue (ex 3ds) than go down & it will show u br locs. Hit take & scan loc super easy

Any chance that you might be developing a way to print 3x5 signs from the portable printer? We used to be able to do this before the myDevices. It would be really nice to be able to print fact tags/info signs and artist/title cards directly to a printer. I was going to update the browser today and realized that the portable printer is no longer an option. So the browser did not get much attention from me today.
Hit arrow down & get more choices. That's how you do 3x5 white signs

There's actually a lot you can't do on the myDevices. Much more than just simply pull batches. It will be a while before PDAs are totally gone.
I'm going to say again we mostly use my device. Our store was one first ones get them, we where testing store. Obviously our receiver & backroom team members have pda's. Price change uses my device for everything except NOF. POG & sales planners only need pda pull batches (we have to pull & back stock backroom not allowed help us) I kept up too! My Sunday endcap sign audit time cut in 1/2. Doing a sales planner I can tie, drop, order price acc. Labels, batch all signs. Research is easier I see both locs & get items out br. Also since truck refuses to push to e/c I can go fill quickly sooooo much faster to batch.

Has anyone notice that if you do a fill that products are not in pog? I did 14 items on fill & only 2 items came out. They had br locations. Any ideas?
I did pull everything as a take after that.

Not sure what you ment. Are you wanting pull NOP items? Than just batch. I hate NOP items in br & am constantly pulling them out.

Hit arrow down & get more choices. That's how you do 3x5 white signs

This doesnt work on the my device anymore, at least not the last time I tried it. The option on the PDA to print from portble is gone and when I tried it on the mydevice the print icon would flash for a second like it was printing, bu would never print.

What number did you type in and in what box?

The only thing I can think of is you didn't ask for enough to bypass the threshold for a batch to drop.

What number did you type in and in what box?

The only thing I can think of is you didn't ask for enough to bypass the threshold for a batch to drop.

I'm running into this when I try to fill certain items on the bakery table. I use fill. Only need 1-2 but I think because the capacities are wrong (too high), it doesn't hit the threshold. The stuff is backstocked, just will not come out in the batch.

Back