MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

The myDevices at my store can't pull anything from the stock room. We can use the option to fill from the stock room, but we have to ask a backroom team member to actually pull it from the system under our batch names.
Tap the blue name at the top of the screen, it toggles over into the info mode that will show you all backroom locations, also shows you a bunch of other useful info. Tap the take button to the left of the listed backroom locations and then scan where you're pulling from. Add the number you pulled and you're golden.

Just how bad is everyone's research lag? Every main scanning day, we split up and it takes each of us 2+ hours just to scan our one designated block of aisles.. Ever since the mydevices. My TL keeps doing mysupports for it.
I started doing research on the mydevice before all the research apps were taken away from the PDA. When it comes to doing stand alone research, the PDA was much faster than what the mydevice is right now; load the app, scan the item, change the count, wait for prompt vs load my work, switch task to research, scan item, click on update counts, change count, wait for green checkmark. I do like the task list much better because I no longer have to find a pog header to scan when an item has multiple locations.

That being said the mydevice works much faster for research than it did initially because it used to be about 10 seconds for that green checkmark (or red exclamation mark) to appear. It was a nightmare going from PDA to mydevice initially. For me it's about 1-2 seconds for it to clear and I rarely get red exclamation marks.

That being said it's an incredible nuisance that the mydevice will jump around the tasklist if something that has multiple locations is scanned. It should stay on the same aisle until it is manually changed or cleared, not because an item not on that aisle has been scanned.

The myDevices at my store can't pull anything from the stock room. We can use the option to fill from the stock room, but we have to ask a backroom team member to actually pull it from the system under our batch names.
Can't pull batches yet with MyDevice, only single items, as needed by guests.

I did not know you can Instocks Task List on pdas still.
It's been removed from PDAs at my store.

@OtherGuy & @UIguy while shooting research today noticed how I'm still used to hearing a beep for multiple facings pegged items. Is there anyway that a sound can be implemented for those again? I'm catching myself not counting everything like I should. I know I'm supposed to look but some days I get rushed to be done and I'm not thinking and being careful. Thanks!
So just to be clear these are the the pegs that all have the same smart schematic?

This is the third day in a row that I signed out a mydevice that didn't beep when you scan something.. Does anyone know how to fix it? The ipood's volume was all the way up every time.
The sound that you hear when you scan something actually comes from the scanner, the iPod's volume does not adjust it. It sounds like a hardware/software issue with the sled itself, as that sound isn't even triggered by our application.

Other less favorite features I've discovered:
-Toggling from MyProgress back to Research-mode MyWork will kick me out of research and back to normal MyWork.
Is this consistent or sporadic? I'm testing out our next release at the store today and I can't recreate this, so either it got fixed or I'm just not hitting the right conditions.

-If you're on an aisle in the task list and update counts on something that isn't in that aisle, MyWork moves you down another item on the list. For example if its telling me to scan E10 but I go ahead and change a couple things in E9 I forgot to earlier, MyWork will tell me to go scan E12 or something instead. E10 and E11 are still there, it just moved me past them. Not sure if it does this with RIGs too.
Is there someone else in those aisles? Like is there a person icon in those aisles? Because the device should make your next task the closest available task to what you had just scanned.

That being said it's an incredible nuisance that the mydevice will jump around the tasklist if something that has multiple locations is scanned. It should stay on the same aisle until it is manually changed or cleared, not because an item not on that aisle has been scanned.
Help me understand this, if you are inputting a qty for a location that means you are standing at that location (well you should be, otherwise you're not actually counting it). what causes are you deviating from the flow in the first place to go to the other location? And why wouldn't you want the closest task to your current location automatically assigned to you? It seems inefficient to run around not in order, so clearly I am missing something.

Why couldn't they have done this the first time with these cases with the screws at the top?
That's a question for Honeywell, the original design wasn't nearly as rugged. I mean it looked better without the screws, but the tops often busted.

The sound that you hear when you scan something actually comes from the scanner, the iPod's volume does not adjust it. It sounds like a hardware/software issue with the sled itself, as that sound isn't even triggered by our application.
That's what I thought, thanks for clarifying.

Also, while I have your attention. I'm sometimes a flow team member that assists in backstocking after the truck and I often have to use a mydevice (I know myWork isn't made with the backroom in mind). Is there any way to make a challenge indicator so you don't have to scan a backroom location to determine if the item is being challenged? Typically, I'll scan a barcode, holster the device, grab a handful of items, put a few in a waco and scan the location. If something is challenge, I have to pick the items back up. Having a noise or an icon would really help me be more efficient while backstocking.

So just to be clear these are the the pegs that all have the same smart schematic?

Is this consistent or sporadic? I'm testing out our next release at the store today and I can't recreate this, so either it got fixed or I'm just not hitting the right conditions.

Is there someone else in those aisles? Like is there a person icon in those aisles? Because the device should make your next task the closest available task to what you had just scanned.

Help me understand this, if you are inputting a qty for a location that means you are standing at that location (well you should be, otherwise you're not actually counting it). what causes are you deviating from the flow in the first place to go to the other location? And why wouldn't you want the closest task to your current location automatically assigned to you? It seems inefficient to run around not in order, so clearly I am missing something.

That's a question for Honeywell, the original design wasn't nearly as rugged. I mean it looked better without the screws, but the tops often busted.
Yes you are correct the same smart schematic just multiple facings. The PDA would beep for those to let us know to check all facings of that item.

@OtherGuy:
The MyProgress to MyWork issue doesn't happen every time but enough that I noticed. Though it'll also kick me out of research mode randomly if I have the iPod lying down for a couple minutes too.
The task list moving me around issue? Far as I know I was the only one scanning in that area but I'll try it again and see what happens next week.

Has anyone had price change accuracy issues when they switched to mydevices? My team's accuracy score had taken a nosedive since the PDAs have been taken away from them.
They also complain that the mydevices are much slower than the PDAs (in ticketing clearance and scanning labels-likely because of connectivity issues).

That's what I thought, thanks for clarifying.

Also, while I have your attention. I'm sometimes a flow team member that assists in backstocking after the truck and I often have to use a mydevice (I know myWork isn't made with the backroom in mind). Is there any way to make a challenge indicator so you don't have to scan a backroom location to determine if the item is being challenged? Typically, I'll scan a barcode, holster the device, grab a handful of items, put a few in a waco and scan the location. If something is challenge, I have to pick the items back up. Having a noise or an icon would really help me be more efficient while backstocking.
@OtherGuy, another question has been asked. Thanks for your help!

Has anyone had price change accuracy issues when they switched to mydevices? My team's accuracy score had taken a nosedive since the PDAs have been taken away from them.
They also complain that the mydevices are much slower than the PDAs (in ticketing clearance and scanning labels-likely because of connectivity issues).

The scores used to be red no matter what, the mydevices were not counting correctly. This hasnt been an issue at my store though since february, everything counts accurately now at least at my store it does. and Yes the mydecives are slow as hell. App crashes every 20 minutes or so too

The scores used to be red no matter what, the mydevices were not counting correctly. This hasnt been an issue at my store though since february, everything counts accurately now at least at my store it does. and Yes the mydecives are slow as hell. App crashes every 20 minutes or so too
@OtherGuy! We need some help here, please. Are your my devices up to date?

http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/digital-advisor.9834/
Feel free to read this or go back a lot of pages on this thread here as well. Also this is something I wrote last year that gave a general idea.
I am one. Just a few are to talk at huddles about the new devices. Most importantly know them very well all processes and troubleshooting. Communicate with the team about any glitches you have found, any new updates that have taken place, also since we are on updates, to insure all iPods are up to date on the latest apps. All this falls under the ETL GE, but DA can assist. And have good communication with your ETL GE as well. Since they are over equipment anyways. Check REDwire for any new myDevice news. Back to knowing the devices, you will most likely train a good bit it of TM, TLs and other on the devices. I think that might be it. Also I have stepped up as well to monitor equipment to count have many you have count everyday to make sure you still have all. We have already had one stolen and one MIA. So holsters--is a must. If you have any other questions just ask. I will be more than happy to answer!

Tap the blue name at the top of the screen, it toggles over into the info mode that will show you all backroom locations, also shows you a bunch of other useful info. Tap the take button to the left of the listed backroom locations and then scan where you're pulling from. Add the number you pulled and you're golden.

This. Using TAKE is like using SUBT on the PDA. You can pull individual items, but not batches.

The problem is when it comes to items with multiple locations. Let's say I'm on aisle F30 and the item being researched has a location on F39. Since I don't want to zero out a count without checking the other locations I will input the correct quantity in each location. Once I click on update counts the task list will then jump to the highest aisle location instead of staying on the current aisle on the task list. So my task list is now on F39 instead of F30 even though the product is on both aisles. If I scan other items on F30 it might bring the task list back to that aisle, but it may also go to a random aisle in between, even if the item is only located on F30.

The crashing seems to be happening at my store (and it's a major complaint).

Is the accuracy going to be worse if the team tries to sneak around and use PDAs sometimes (especially for labels) and mydevices sometimes? (I know they're sneaking PDAs and using them sometimes).

Edit: our mydevices are updated as well (correct version of the my work app)

Back