MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I don't recall seeing this yet, but on the Label option on the PDA, you can change the size of label you want to print. This same option needs to be available for the MyDevice. I had to change some fixtures from 9" peg hooks to artwork loops, and had to find a PDA to change the label size from regular to small.

Also, why did the option to print clearance tickets get removed? Another function you need to track down a PDA for.

Lastly, I miss the "this is taking forever" message.

As for clearance ticket, it's there.. I printed multiple yesterday.
In playing the genetic sign is regular if the system wants a short label...can't recall what printed if the system wants to print a regular label. But yes, I need to turn on and off unit price printing for weighed meat...pricing prints the price per pound and we have to correct it.

Does your pricing team actually put up the labels for meat? I only put up the label if its the meat that is priced per package. Otherwise I hand the label to the PA and say you have meat going up/down.. Or, I take care of it myself if I'm feeling froggy.

I don't recall seeing this yet, but on the Label option on the PDA, you can change the size of label you want to print. This same option needs to be available for the MyDevice. I had to change some fixtures from 9" peg hooks to artwork loops, and had to find a PDA to change the label size from regular to small.

Also, why did the option to print clearance tickets get removed? Another function you need to track down a PDA for.

Lastly, I miss the "this is taking forever" message.
Myself and another TM have been asking about this on here ever since we got the myDevices to change size of the label, not what the system wants us to print. I don't know if it will ever happen. Always gets dismissed.

how am I supposed to pull my planograms when i have rarely used the 9200 bcos they are usually hidden for br. we were having to share a old pda with my whole team and electronics. BR is busy as it is, will we get more of the 9200s or what? this seems like a big problem especially when you say there isnt even a current plan to pull batches with a mydevice.. there are already so few of them as it is because some have been stolen which they have really cracked down on/. what is the point to not beable to pull batches with a mydevice? it's like the only thing of my workload i CANT do with it. shouldn't it have been front and center?
I mean, see how it was planned out to, you know, take away more than half of the stores pdas... which play a very important roll in keeping the shelves stocked which is the BIGGEST guest complaint other than slow check out time

Last edited:
Most of our backroom (including myself) preferred using the LPDAs and those that normally used them have opted to switch to myDevices once the autofills are done. It's actually worked rather well so far.

This week, my store started a trial replenishment process. We went from CAFs dropping at 11,12,1,2,3,4,7 to just 1 and 3 (they also raised the triggers by like a ton) and it has definitely freed up the backrooms time. Before this week, pog team was responsible for pulling their own batches but the responsibility has fallen on backroom since they have so much time now.

It's hard to see on your end but the pieces are starting to line up and if corporate likes the results, I could see this making PDAs not as important.

I went through and labeled all of our PDAs. 8 of them are labeled as BACKROOM, 1 is labeled as PRESENTATION which we keep on our own charger in the POG office, and the last is labeled GUEST SERVICES. Though with people using the PDAs that don't need one that's causing issues.

*Edit - 7 are labeled as BACKROOM and the 8th one is labeled as RECEIVING and then the other two mentioned above.

Last edited:
I went through and labeled all of our PDAs. 8 of them are labeled as BACKROOM, 1 is labeled as PRESENTATION which we keep on our own charger in the POG office, and the last is labeled GUEST SERVICES. Though with people using the PDAs that don't need one that's causing issues.

What about the operator, how do they rewrap? Or is everything sent to GS to rewrap? Our pricing team can't SIM anything currently and all the endcaps are clogged with online returns (because now they only mark them 30% off.. ugh)

how am I supposed to pull my planograms when i have rarely used the 9200 bcos they are usually hidden for br. we were having to share a old pda with my whole team and electronics. BR is busy as it is, will we get more of the 9200s or what? this seems like a big problem especially when you say there isnt even a current plan to pull batches with a mydevice.. there are already so few of them as it is because some have been stolen which they have really cracked down on/. what is the point to not beable to pull batches with a mydevice? it's like the only thing of my workload i CANT do with it. shouldn't it have been front and center?
I mean, see how it was planned out to, you know, take away more than half of the stores pdas... which play a very important roll in keeping the shelves stocked which is the BIGGEST guest complaint other than slow check out time

If they can't spare a PDA then they need to pull your batches :). after their autofills they can switch to a mydevice for a couple hours and you can pull your batches between then and noon/11

What about the operator, how do they rewrap? Or is everything sent to GS to rewrap? Our pricing team can't SIM anything currently and all the endcaps are clogged with online returns (because now they only mark them 30% off.. ugh)
Yes everything is sent to GS.

As for clearance ticket, it's there.. I printed multiple yesterday.

Does your pricing team actually put up the labels for meat? I only put up the label if its the meat that is priced per package. Otherwise I hand the label to the PA and say you have meat going up/down.. Or, I take care of it myself if I'm feeling froggy.
Yes, they continually put them up, even if nobody wants to admit to it. The same way they never peel the Damn adhesive off to make it stick.
Mydevices were never intended for backroom use. Which makes me feel like best practice is not for Plano to pull their own batches, despite many stores doing so.
It's up to your store to control equipment. They are allotted so many devices and pdas. It's somebody's job to send them out to get fixed and track who used them last if they go missing. Allowing mydevices to pull batches won't fix equipment control. It just means the same thing will happen with them.
I was told there is a way to do this now, but they couldn't remember how...

...and you can take a second cut on those online items, right off the first online sim tag.

Yes, they continually put them up, even if nobody wants to admit to it. The same way they never peel the Damn adhesive off to make it stick.

Mydevices were never intended for backroom use. Which makes me feel like best practice is not for Plano to pull their own batches, despite many stores doing so.
It's up to your store to control equipment. They are allotted so many devices and pdas. It's somebody's job to send them out to get fixed and track who used them last if they go missing. Allowing mydevices to pull batches won't fix equipment control. It just means the same thing will happen with them.

I was told there is a way to do this now, but they couldn't remember how...

...and you can take a second cut on those online items, right off the first online sim tag.

Well they need to learn to do that at guest services. And i am so tired of seeing a 10 pack of underwear with 4 or 5 missing and it's only 30% off.

And if you find out how to do it before me, let me know. I'm waiting for it to be on mydevice.. I think they said the first or second week in may, along with being able to bcode stuff

Well they need to learn to do that at guest services. And i am so tired of seeing a 10 pack of underwear with 4 or 5 missing and it's only 30% off.

And if you find out how to do it before me, let me know. I'm waiting for it to be on mydevice.. I think they said the first or second week in may, along with being able to bcode stuff
I just need to remember to track down the tm they thought knew how, but they were adamant she could.

i still just don't see why not working on the software to pull them, oh well. we are a day and half or more ahead on plano, and i think my new stl's goal is to get like 2 weeks ahead so flow can could even push a set pog. any stores do it? my tm who worked at a super taget said thats how they did it

i still just don't see why not working on the software to pull them, oh well. we are a day and half or more ahead on plano, and i think my new stl's goal is to get like 2 weeks ahead so flow can could even push a set pog. any stores do it? my tm who worked at a super taget said thats how they did it
Spot is working the software, btw.

It really is better if you can get a week ahead. At a week ahead you should have all the fixtures, signing, and backer paper you need to set new pogs, and freight can flow from the truck directly to the floor and get stocked as it arrives instead of having to be sorted and staged. It shifts some of the stocking workload to flow, but it saves them the time of having to sort transition unless it comes in more than a week early, and it save Backroom from having to backstock items that missed being sorted with transition.

Any way to tone down the scanner's brightness? Because I managed to laser my eye several times today and it is not fun.

Is there going to be any kind of training for myDevices? I see the training videos, but most people won't use them. I'm having to teach people on a fairly regular basis how to do the most basic tasks like QMOS and backstocking. It seems silly to put it on all team members to learn on their own, especially the older team members who are inexperienced with touch based devices.

Also, ordering from an order guide is a pain with a myDevice. It's scanning accuracy is outright horrible. You have to cover up the barcodes around the item you're scanning to scan the correct one most of the time. It's very, very inaccurate.

Is there going to be any kind of training for myDevices? I see the training videos, but most people won't use them. I'm having to teach people on a fairly regular basis how to do the most basic tasks like QMOS and backstocking. It seems silly to put it on all team members to learn on their own, especially the older team members who are inexperienced with touch based devices.

Also, ordering from an order guide is a pain with a myDevice. It's scanning accuracy is outright horrible. You have to cover up the barcodes around the item you're scanning to scan the correct one most of the time. It's very, very inaccurate.
You pfresh? We don't use the order guide, I scan the shelf on the floor instead. Our old guy didn't even know an order guide existed...

I'm at a super target. I would scan the shelves, but I have to go back and forth to the cooler making sure I get accurate orders. The order guide is efficient for me as it shows what I have ordered. It's useful to gauge week to week so that you can reduce waste and increase stock if necessary.

I agree the scanner is sensitive on them, but would you rather sit there for five minutes trying to get the laser on the 9090 PDAs to read the label? And as for training that's what Digital Advisors (DAs) are for, or are SUPPOSED to be for anyway. I agree there should have been a better way to do training though but that's Target for you. That's why when something new is added to myWork, I do a small demonstration at our huddles.

I'm at a super target. I would scan the shelves, but I have to go back and forth to the cooler making sure I get accurate orders. The order guide is efficient for me as it shows what I have ordered. It's useful to gauge week to week so that you can reduce waste and increase stock if necessary.
The mydevice will tell you what you ordered the same order day last week. I made a mini inventory sheet in excell with every current item, how many on hand and how many to order. I edit the list as what we have changes. I can still get the inventory and order done in twenty minutes if I rush. Not sure how much more you guys order as I'm only a pfresh. When I started the old man just write down what we needed bad/didn't need and relied on the on hands to be accurate and we always ran out of stuff or had too much.

@OtherGuy or @UIguy, is there any plans in the update to about the pharmacy orders? They have to use a pda for their orders.
Nothing immediate

SIM will be in the next version which is rolling out middle of next month

Any way to tone down the scanner's brightness? Because I managed to laser my eye several times today and it is not fun.
There is not, I might hold the record for lasering myself in the eye

Ordering from an order guide is a pain with a myDevice. It's scanning accuracy is outright horrible. You have to cover up the barcodes around the item you're scanning to scan the correct one most of the time. It's very, very inaccurate.
They are 2D scanners like the cross hair scanners, so they can scan in any direction or orientation and has a very large area where it can capture (the green light is just an LED light guide it doesn't actually scan just on the line), but yes it does make it harder to accurately scan with a bunch of UPCs grouped together. I have found that scanning about 3inches from the sheet works quite well though.

So to get back on track with the thread. How good are your Digital Advisors? I can type in other store numbers on the iOS report and their iPods either have expired certificates, outdated apps, missing for more than 15 days hence why the certificates are expired. I hate to sound cocky and brag but I have no issues with our list of reports. All iPDAs are in use--except one we just sent in to be replaced. It had something broken rattling around in the case--and all apps are up to date on the TM iPods, Guest facing iPods & iPad kiosks. Maybe I'm insanely OCD about them...
What kind of training did you get for DA, if any?

Back