MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

There's a solid post on Workbench about it. After reading it this morning I think it pretty much summed up something like:

"Before the transition teach your Backroom about the positives of the MyDevices"

"During the transition schedule more backroom team members so they can get used to the new system"

"After the transition ask for feedback"

It was something similar to that. But pretty much the update is moving most if not all backroom functions to MyWork. Which is an unfortunate occurrence because MyWork is so bloated with them stuffing everything into a single app I don't even want to know how much it crashes. I'm remembering the times of a memory leak in the MyWork app that crashed the iTouch every time you were doing Research for InStocks.

Last edited:
Ha... it would have to go through the horrible thing that is the Target App Jailbreak Updating system.

@OtherGuy

Is an equivalent of stand-alone PTM on the PDA coming anytime soon for the MyDevice? The fill from stockroom option when a pog header label is scanned does not do what is needed for filling areas that have gone MPG. Also, unless I missed it above someplace, a function for processing mispicks would be nice.

So, what all are we considering 'backroom functions'? seems like the only things that haven't been moved are pull and locu (plus an array of apps that would be considered more receiving based). Unless I'm mistaken, EXF is effectively the same as 'get more' on the myDevice.

Get more will pull carry-forward items, whereas the stand-alone PTM will allow you to pull d-code only as well as carry-forward if requested.

Get more will pull carry-forward items, whereas the stand-alone PTM will allow you to pull d-code only as well as carry-forward if requested.
The myDevice does the same thing if you scan (or type the pog) the header label.. If there's d-code in the back, it will ask you if you want to purge d-code and then it will ask you if you want all, ad or d-code.

Yea Idk why everyone's so worried about capacity changes. You know how easy it is to tie and untie POGs right now? And you have to bring up adjacencis to fix those. The capacity change plan sounds amazing.

You have people who have no concept of the damage that can be done by changing capacity. I know I work with people who will change it to zero cause they just don't want to deal with product that always comes out. We have others that will change it to huge amounts cause they believe that backstock is the most evil thing in the world so we would be in a constant battle of backstock.

Just a couple quick examples. I agree its a great thing to be able to fix corporate idiocy on the fly, but it could be setting up battles in store with allowing anyone to be able to use this function.

You have people who have no concept of the damage that can be done by changing capacity. I know I work with people who will change it to zero cause they just don't want to deal with product that always comes out. We have others that will change it to huge amounts cause they believe that backstock is the most evil thing in the world so we would be in a constant battle of backstock.

Just a couple quick examples. I agree its a great thing to be able to fix corporate idiocy on the fly, but it could be setting up battles in store with allowing anyone to be able to use this function.
The first example is more related to the subt999 issue that is already a result of the crappy capacity, that same item that is always pulling isn't going to be doing the same thing once a capacity is changed to a proper number. Hell even the second issue falls under the same thing, you're not going to end up with the same backstock issues once a proper capacity is set. It is way easier for me to untie everything in the store and backroom, than it would be to change each and every capacity. And the capacity issues would come up during RSCH scans.

Update coming July 18th that is moving a lot of backroom functions to the MyDevice including EXF. I'm more concerned about the lack of devices we seem to have while we still have PDAs.
I might be missing something, but where on workbench is this? Does workbench also display different headlines depending on the store you are currently in? I'm wondering if this is a pilot, because I know another team is working on a "pick, put, pull" pilot which is currently separate from MyWork, not sure when that pilot was going to be pushed to any stores.

@OtherGuy

Is an equivalent of stand-alone PTM on the PDA coming anytime soon for the MyDevice? The fill from stockroom option when a pog header label is scanned does not do what is needed for filling areas that have gone MPG. Also, unless I missed it above someplace, a function for processing mispicks would be nice.

We will be including Active-NCF in discontinued POG fill in the next update. This should do 90%+ of what you need for PTM.
The update after that we will do a couple other things for MPG Pogs, which will be allowing you to pull "all in back" for ALL items on the POG no matter what their status is and you will also be able to edit the quantities in that flow. Lastly on the item landing page we will show "Discontinued soon" for Active-NCF items.

To be honest, I like the PDA better. My devices are easy to use and convenient, but I was out of target for a year and just got hired back to another store a couple weeks ago. These devices die quickly and randomly lose internet connection. I'd prefer the old school PDA. I didn't even really like using the LPDA. Management always wants us to have my devices for sales floor.

Last edited:
To be honest, I like the PDA better. My devices are easy to use and convenient, but I was out of target for a year and just got hired back to another store a couple weeks ago. These devices die quickly and randomly lose internet connection. I'd prefer the old school PDA. I didn't even really like using the LPDA. Management always wants us to have my devices for sales floor.
When price change came in at 4 we had no problems getting equipment. We switched to MyDevices as soon as they arrived at our store so we weren't fighting over the PDAs and LPDAs. Then the LPDAs went away. Then we got bumped to 8AM so now we have to hunt down and take MyDevices from flow and plano that have been using them (or at least had them off the charger) for four hours. If I'm working a full shift I have to put my MyDevice on the charger while I'm at lunch (I usually put mine up with the gift registry iPods since they're always fully charged and no one is going to find/take it).

Does anyone have the original wallpaper for the MyDevices? Not a single one of our MyDevices has it anymore and we are trying to get them back. They don't seem to be saved on the devices themselves.

Last edited:
There's a solid post on Workbench about it. After reading it this morning I think it pretty much summed up something like:

"Before the transition teach your Backroom about the positives of the MyDevices"

"During the transition schedule more backroom team members so they can get used to the new system"

"After the transition ask for feedback"

It was something similar to that. But pretty much the update is moving most if not all backroom functions to MyWork. Which is an unfortunate occurrence because MyWork is so bloated with them stuffing everything into a single app I don't even want to know how much it crashes. I'm remembering the times of a memory leak in the MyWork app that crashed the iTouch every time you were doing Research for InStocks.
Has this been resolved? Because my iPods tend to still crap out on me in Research mode. Leave my iPod alone for a few minutes and there's a good chance that it'll have kicked me out of it. And the last couple days I've gotten the white screen with the "here's your ticket number" just popping up while scanning.

Has this been resolved? Because my iPods tend to still crap out on me in Research mode. Leave my iPod alone for a few minutes and there's a good chance that it'll have kicked me out of it. And the last couple days I've gotten the white screen with the "here's your ticket number" just popping up while scanning.
From @OtherGuy posting:
@averagetm :
Update coming July 18th that is moving a lot of backroom functions to the MyDevice including EXF. I'm more concerned about the lack of devices we seem to have while we still have PDAs.
From @OtherGuy response:
I might be missing something, but where on workbench is this? Does workbench also display different headlines depending on the store you are currently in? I'm wondering if this is a pilot, because I know another team is working on a "pick, put, pull" pilot which is currently separate from MyWork, not sure when that pilot was going to be pushed to any stores.

The memory was resolved a couple months ago but, the kicking out I believe is just a bug that seems to happen every patch. I think Research Mode is just slow because of how bloated it is.

@OtherGuy I made a post about it today. http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/18-4-summer-mydevice-pda-update.12152/

From @OtherGuy posting:
@averagetm :
From @OtherGuy response:
It is a headline for myself on workbench but you can also go digging and find a rollout schedule for your store.

From @OtherGuy posting:
@averagetm :
From @OtherGuy response:

SO WE CAN FINALLY PULL BATCHES???

I did some screens for our store (home screen and 20 lock screens). To help keep things clean and organized. If you want to use them in your store go right ahead. The work around was to email the images to a TL's target email and then have the TL log into their email from the MyDevice to save the images. Zip File: http://ge.tt/9YsuEAK2/v/0?c

Home Screen:
homescreen.jpg

Lock Screen:

lockscreen1.jpg

Back