MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Pull won't be part of the MyDevice until 2016 (it just came across my desk so to say) sorry @oath2order. Still no plans to make it replace the PDA for backroom, so no fear there, but it should make it easier to pull your own batches.

@OtherGuy for the wish list. A friend wants the lock apps on home screen. Because a tm at their store, has been deleting all spot apps of the ny device.
They should all be locked from deleting apps. Like if you press and hold on an icon to re-arrange them, none of them should have a X in the top left corner. Are you saying they do?

Perhaps @OtherGuy knows a site that the screens could be uploaded too that isn't blocked by the site minder. I'd share them directly from my site, but it's blocked. The corporate email solution was the only one we could think of. But, I'm open to hearing other solutions, if anyone has them.
Can you access wiki.target.com? I could host the original background there (Honestly I know the one you made won't probably fly because the logo is cut off and Target is very specific about their branding, but for what it's worth I do enjoy it)

Last edited:
Pull won't be part of the MyDevice until 2016 (it just came across my desk so to say). Still no plans to make it replace the PDA for backroom, so no fear there, but it should make it easier to pull your own batches.

They should all be locked from deleting apps. Like if you press and hold on an icon to re-arrange them, none of them should have a X in the top left corner. Are you saying they do?

Can you access wiki.target.com? I could host the original background there (Honestly I know the one you made won't probably fly because the logo is cut off and Target is very specific about their branding, but for what it's worth I do enjoy it)
Our flow and dedicated backstocers (not dayside backroom) already take Mydevices, as the direction of their tls. Ask me how happy I am to come in at 8am for pricing and see three or four of them signed out to flow....

@OtherGuy for the wish list. A friend wants the lock apps on home screen. Because a tm at their store, has been deleting all spot apps of the ny device.
@OtherGuy. Yes they do. I would call the help desk & they tell me to pack it up for return.

@OtherGuy. Yes they do. I would call the help desk & they tell me to pack it up for return.

Is this just one device or all your devices?

Pull won't be part of the MyDevice until 2016 (it just came across my desk so to say) sorry @oath2order. Still no plans to make it replace the PDA for backroom, so no fear there, but it should make it easier to pull your own batches.

-Phew and Yay! POG Life is going to get easier!

-sounds more like a feature to prevent folks from rearranging icons all-together.

-I'll have to look, wasn't aware of such a site as wiki.target.com Branding wise, it wasn't a completely thought out or guidelines based logo. Just something to make it feel slightly more official looking. We were just using pictures from google of numbers. Totally hideous and goofy. Needed to make it slightly better. Glad everyone's been enjoying my small contribution.

-I'll have to look, wasn't aware of such a site as wiki.target.com Branding wise, it wasn't a completely thought out or guidelines based logo. Just something to make it feel slightly more official looking. We were just using pictures from google of numbers. Totally hideous and goofy. Needed to make it slightly better. Glad everyone's been enjoying my small contribution.
Wiki.target.com is like Wikipedia for Target. Same layout and stuff. Pretty neat. You can type in any store number it will tell you when it opened, any remodels and stuff like that.

Oh I never asked, anyone have sled issues anymore? If your device has v28.41 you shouldn't be having issues anymore (all devices SHOULD have it, but I know there are always some that fall through the cracks and need to be manually updated, if you are on 28.40 you will still have the issues)

Oh I never asked, anyone have sled issues anymore? If your device has v28.41 you shouldn't be having issues anymore (all devices SHOULD have it, but I know there are always some that fall through the cracks and need to be manually updated, if you are on 28.40 you will still have the issues)

Been awhile since I've had a scanner issue. Now I just want to stay logged into redwire

I have issues on particular devices in my store.. The chime goes off and it doesn't scan (buttons or tapping below the status bar). When I switch to the menu/status tab, it says the sled is connected with 100% batteries. The problem is almost always corrected by forcing myWork closed and reopening it.

tl;dr I haven't had to reboot a device to fix the sled.

I have issues on particular devices in my store.. The chime goes off and it doesn't scan (buttons or tapping below the status bar). When I switch to the menu/status tab, it says the sled is connected with 100% batteries. The problem is almost always corrected by forcing myWork closed and reopening it.

tl;dr I haven't had to reboot a device to fix the sled.

If you or anyone notice this on a device, let me know what version number it is running. If it is 28.40 that's your problem

If you or anyone notice this on a device, let me know what version number it is running. If it is 28.40 that's your problem
Ok, I'll double check in the morning ;)

Also, I came up with another feature for the wishlist. It would be great if we could copy and paste into the myWork search bar. I had to complete a recall on Redwire and it took me like 3 app toggles to finally get the correct DPCI into myWork so I could see what I was pulling. It would also come in handy for helping guests with the Target app.

Back