MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Something i saw on redwire yesterday: Target is getting rid if uneccessary workstations and putting savings into the next gen mydevices with hopes to get more per store. We're losing 4 computers. Our 2 hiring kiosks, an extra AP workstation (which really sucks), and our dedicated TM eHR machine.

How does this save money when said workstations are already bought?

How does this save money when said workstations are already bought?
Does Target actually own them? I thought they just leased them, which would of course save money when the current contract is up and they don't need as many on the next one.

Does Target actually own them? I thought they just leased them, which would of course save money when the current contract is up and they don't need as many on the next one.

True, I wasn't sure, besides the workstation computers, which I honestly don't think would make sense to lease.

The TC70 can evidently be used for normal stuff but also a phone for store calls and a walkie. IFFFFFF, the new equipment has all of that woo-hoo! :D That would mean the end of the Batman Utility Belt (device, knife, walkie, personal phone)!!:D:D
SARCASM ALERT!!!!!!!
What?!? You mean that the team members that feel that they must have
- a working mydevice
- a trigger scanning pda
- walkie
- set of electronics keys
- set of backroom keys
- case cutter and
Personal phone will now be obsolete?!?!?

SARCASM ALERT!!!!!!!
What?!? You mean that the team members that feel that they must have
- a working mydevice
- a trigger scanning pda
- walkie
- set of electronics keys
- set of backroom keys
- case cutter and
Personal phone will now be obsolete?!?!?

You forgot Measuring Tape, and mostly importantly, an Orange Tool and a Pen.

Yes, eventually that's the plan. For a while they will still need to be done on iOS though.

Hahaha happy early birthday. Yes it's very likely that equipment prototypes will increase.

Goal is to have all next gen devices in all stores by July (this just updated). Nothing's set in stone though.I'm not sure how the rollout will happen or how long it will take, but I do know leaders want them out quickly!
question for you. anyway that ipods showing an apple logo stop being classed as a hardware issue? everyone csc will help me get them back in use after restoring it to factory defaults, but they just say wtf did you do this, and well i guess it works, but we can't support/recommend doing this.

i really don't care about the fix, but unless they realize the reason we're sending them out all the time isn't apple its target can't write programs for shit. they're just going to have the same problems later on.

I started hearing tons of rumors about an Android/Zebra mydevice replacement at the store over the past week. The STL was talking about it today and confirmed that our store will get to test them. Didn't mention a specific date, but it sounds imminent.
@mobilelady any chance at a workbench page with a date we can check?

@mobilelady any chance at a workbench page with a date we can check?

The rollout doesn't have a schedule yet. It changes so often it's not worth putting anything out there at this point. The Androids are in 60 stores right now most of which are in G194. The devices for the additional 50 stores in G194 went out last week. They should all have them by now.

So did the option to batch a POG updated yet in our mydevice? I read that it was only for creating a new sales planner. But today when we tried to tie a POG, no batch went in the system. So we made a batch under "manage inventory." Is that how it's done now?

The rollout doesn't have a schedule yet. It changes so often it's not worth putting anything out there at this point. The Androids are in 60 stores right now most of which are in G194. The devices for the additional 50 stores in G194 went out last week. They should all have them by now.
You're breaking me heart, lol.

So my friend that works at Staples was telling me how they use something very similar to our MyDevices, but it uses an iPhone instead of an iPod Touch. He says they can answer phone calls straight from the device. No why cant Target do this :(

Back