Archived Target presents: the Walking Taco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahah. I like the idea, but I think that a 3x5 of some sort in front of the cheese would work well too

I can't tell you how many people I've heard talking about the doritos in the cooler and how confused they are. With a walking taco sign on the shelf. When I explain it they are like "man that's so cool!"

Well I guess our Target is slow. Our Doritos are in the chip aisle!

I don't think we've set such a thing yet, although we do have the hotdogs + ketchup and mustard in the cooler sales planner set. My only issue is that it loses some of its convenience factor when you realize that you need to stop at a stove and cook the ground beef with taco seasoning first.

I don't think we've set such a thing yet, although we do have the hotdogs + ketchup and mustard in the cooler sales planner set. My only issue is that it loses some of its convenience factor when you realize that you need to stop at a stove and cook the ground beef with taco seasoning first.

Yeah, the whole thing's not very convenient. "The Walking Taco" already exists, and it's called Taco Bell.

Walking taco is old, but honestly, same effect if you just do loaded nachos but with doritos. I was doing that before doritos Los tacos at taco bell. So good. So good.

Walking taco is old, but honestly, same effect if you just do loaded nachos but with doritos. I was doing that before doritos Los tacos at taco bell. So good. So good.

In my area, we have a festival every summer that features "Travelin' Tacos."

I have the same sale planner at my store.. Not the walking taco one. Haha when I seen they wanted ketchup & mustard in the cooler I thought it was an error so I just set the planogram without them there.

Yeah I was the one who set that salesplanner at my store, and I went and confirmed it with my Plano TL because I thought it was a mistake too.

We always refrigerate stuff that does not have to be refrigerated, such as the Babybel cheeses, Velveeta, and Cheez Wiz.

Babybel cheeses do actually need to be refrigerated for anything more than a day or so (i.e. in a lunchbox) - so do need to be refrigerated for transport and sale. See their FAQ - http://www.minibabybel.ca/en/faq.php

Velveeta yeah. Never noticed any cheese wiz in our coolers...

When I lived in Iowa, people made Walking Tacos for fundraiser drives.

I was like...this is the same meal I had as a kid for Sunday lunch except in a bag. Now I can go to Sheetz and have them make it for me.

I do not suppose anybody at HQ will notice this and the fact they fail at communication with guests all the time.

I think Laughing Cow might actually be refrigerated as part of some sort of agreement between merchants and the company, because the vast majority of places do refrigerate them so that people think of them as cheese since they come in a wheel and all that. Really they're pretty much the same as tastier wedges of fancy Cheez-Wiz.

A comment on that link:

"This is why we can't have nice waistlines"

LOL.

I imagine this "walking taco" will be in an upcoming sales ad where if you buy 10 packs of cheese, this this and that, you will receive a free bag of Doritos and out of conveniences for the guest, the Doritos are located in the same place the cheese and sour cream are.

"I wanted to get one of those free bags of Doritos because I bought 10 packs of cheese like it says in the ad, but the doritos were 5 aisles over and I couldn't be bothered. Why can't the Doritos be next to the cheese? I will no longer be shopping at Target because of this inconvenience"

1) There is no sign or explanation for the Walking Tacos end at my store. Lots of people are confused by it, including some of the leadership which is why they have started to flex yogurt and bacon into that end. So now we have a waking taco end that is mostly yogurt and bacon, wtf.

2) If you've ever worked an amusement park you'll know about walking tacos but normal people don't do that, what a bad idea. Timmy Failure on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back