Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They CAN. But they won't.
This is super dumb, the Parktool tools are available on sap and not really that expensive to buy, especially since you need at most 4-5 different wrenches and less than a half dozen other tools total. If you think you can, you should make a point to the STL that proper tools are essential to assembling bikes that are SAFE and in a reasonable amount of time.

Asked a guess why he was getting so mad, started yelling at me asking for someth My Hay didint exist. Literally came in at 10:59 running towards electronics a minute before close.?

assembling bikes that are SAFE

This is the biggest thing. Our ETL-AP is also our store safety officer, and I'm pretty sure if someone brought to his attention that the bike assemblers didn't have the tools to safely assemble the bikes WE SELL TO CUSTOMERS he'd flip his shit. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen and there's no way the store wouldn't be found negligent if a bike comes apart under a kid or a commuter gets creamed by car when his brakes fail or whatever.

This is the biggest thing. Our ETL-AP is also our store safety officer, and I'm pretty sure if someone brought to his attention that the bike assemblers didn't have the tools to safely assemble the bikes WE SELL TO CUSTOMERS he'd flip his shit. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen and there's no way the store wouldn't be found negligent if a bike comes apart under a kid or a commuter gets creamed by car when his brakes fail or whatever.

Save the sale! No matter if you don't have the right tools. As if Target cares if people live or die. As long as the shareholders make money. That's what matters.

Save the sale! No matter if you don't have the right tools. As if Target cares if people live or die. As long as the shareholders make money. That's what matters.
You forgot the sarcasm font.

I'm too honest. A lady was looking at a Dirt Devil vacuum. Asked if it was a good deal. I politely said, it's $49. You get what you pay for. I'd go for a Bissell if you are on a budget. It's not top line, but better than the one you are looking at. She kind of gave me this dumbfounded look.

I'm too honest. A lady was looking at a Dirt Devil vacuum. Asked if it was a good deal. I politely said, it's $49. You get what you pay for. I'd go for a Bissell if you are on a budget. It's not top line, but better than the one you are looking at. She kind of gave me this dumbfounded look.
How is that a sin? The guest leaves with a product that will make her happier in the long run. She'll remember that nice TM that was looking out for her best interests and will come back to a place that she thinks will care of her. She won't be returning the item, which means no payroll hours will be spent processing the return, no risk of financial loss from a product that may not be in good enough condition to be resold, and no payroll hours putting it back on the floor. Even if the guest declines to buy that day she'll still come back when ready to buy anything we carry because she believes she'll be treated right, in other words loyal customer base.

How is that a sin? The guest leaves with a product that will make her happier in the long run. She'll remember that nice TM that was looking out for her best interests and will come back to a place that she thinks will care of her. She won't be returning the item, which means no payroll hours will be spent processing the return, no risk of financial loss from a product that may not be in good enough condition to be resold, and no payroll hours putting it back on the floor. Even if the guest declines to buy that day she'll still come back when ready to buy anything we carry because she believes she'll be treated right, in other words loyal customer base.

I don't think the STL or DTL would appreciate the "you get what you pay for" comment.

Last edited:
I haven't called out on walkie that I'm here for the day in like 3 months.

I hide a zebra in my drawer overnight when I'm clopening.

Sometimes I "forget" to turn my walkie back on after breaks.

I haven't called out on walkie that I'm here for the day in like 3 months.

I hide a zebra in my drawer overnight when I'm clopening.

Sometimes I "forget" to turn my walkie back on after breaks.

I do the third all the time! But it’s mostly when someone is just making a ton of noise and I’m on a phone call or talking to someone. I also get stuck on walkie channels lol. Usually it’s channel four.

I, a hard-assed, no non-sense, "say it with a smile and you'll get away with anything" person... don't always want to be the bad guy.

Sometimes I want to be the "yes" when they're expecting a "no"... no, I really don't always want to be a dick.

I do the third all the time! But it’s mostly when someone is just making a ton of noise and I’m on a phone call or talking to someone. I also get stuck on walkie channels lol. Usually it’s channel four.
Got stuck on four and the DTL asked me to radio for the LOD when he came in.
Radioed: silence. Check my walkie: 4.
Me, expecting backlash, makes a lame joke about "no wonder it was so quiet."
Dtl: dang, sorry I messed that up.

I don't charge guests for modifiers (extra shots, syrup, etc) at Starbucks if they're nice to me. Likewise, if a guest is a cunt to me then they're getting charged for every extra syrup, extra shots, and every add on that we have a button for.

That's over half of the hoity toity ones who come to mine. Between their trenta and their kids drinks they just flushed an easy 20 down the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back