Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't charge guests for modifiers (extra shots, syrup, etc) at Starbucks if they're nice to me. Likewise, if a guest is a cunt to me then they're getting charged for every extra syrup, extra shots, and every add on that we have a button for.

Don't forget extra shots that there's not a button for ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have a major distrust in leadership at my store to the point I think they’ve hired their own third party secret shopper program or management company just to dominate and take over TGT. I’ve never shared this before.

I think said third party comes in to harass me before visits knowing everything is supposed to be butt butterballs, cover the diamonds perfect. I am looking forward to the day I escape.

Thanks for shopping with us.

I have a major distrust in leadership at my store to the point I think they’ve hired their own third party secret shopper program or management company just to dominate and take over TGT. I’ve never shared this before.

I think said third party comes in to harass me before visits knowing everything is supposed to be butt butterballs, cover the diamonds perfect. I am looking forward to the day I escape.

Thanks for shopping with us.
Spot had the shoppers before. We got a gift card if we did everything right.

I curse a lot and dont really have a filter.
Also I barely dress in my shirt.
I also curse a lot. Mostly at close, but sometimes under my breath while zoning. I don't think it helps me keep a positive mindset really. I tried to keep a swear jar, but one of the ETLs threw it away and so it started right back up. I really do want to be a better employee, it's just I have these really bad habits.

I'm pretty sure I was a narcissist for the first 6 months of my employment. Target has really brought me down a couple of pegs, no pun intended. I think I'm going to contact the employee depression hotline. I enjoyed my life better as a narcissist.

I'm pretty sure I was a narcissist for the first 6 months of my employment. Target has really brought me down a couple of pegs, no pun intended. I think I'm going to contact the employee depression hotline. I enjoyed my life better as a narcissist.
If you like talking about yourself and what narcissist doesn't? Then the hotline is the way to go!

I too curse and talk to myself and I'm sure someone in other aisles hears me. But my sanity is maintained through this insanity so better to lean off the rails a bit than totally derail in a heap. One is a stunt. The other is a crash and burn.

If you like talking about yourself and what narcissist doesn't? Then the hotline is the way to go!

I too curse and talk to myself and I'm sure someone in other aisles hears me. But my sanity is maintained through this insanity so better to lean off the rails a bit than totally derail in a heap. One is a stunt. The other is a crash and burn.
LOL! Thank you!

Hi, there!

I have a confession. I am practicing allowing others to have their own opinion without bashing them about their opinion. I think we are all free to speak our opinions in America which is a great thing. Although what I think this person is getting at is not something I agree with it helped me to see how I really feel about Target. I have a confession to make... in that... maybe I like Target more than I let on.

I like that Target requires us to have so many volunteer hours a year, I like that Target welcomes diversity. I like that Target attempts to change things that don't seem to work, to listen to us, to give us a raise, that our CEO took a pay cut. My confession today is that I was ready to defend against someone else putting Target down, so I think the truth is that I really do like Target. Another confession is that I don't think I have the personality for working with so many customers and with so many imperfections in a day. The later is something I will have to work on within myself as nothing is perfect. I hope that we can all find the strength within us that if we hate our jobs and the company so much that we seek employment elsewhere; that if we don't have the mindset to come in to work and try to be polite and try to give our best despite the odds that we look within ourselves and ask what we can do for Target, instead of what Target can do for us.

I do not like looking like an ass, but who does. Maybe, tho, sometimes, we have to look like an ass to grow. I think I have grown a lot at Target because they didn't give up on me.

Thank you so much for shopping with us.

Hi, there!

I have a confession. I am practicing allowing others to have their own opinion without bashing them about their opinion. I think we are all free to speak our opinions in America which is a great thing. Although what I think this person is getting at is not something I agree with it helped me to see how I really feel about Target. I have a confession to make... in that... maybe I like Target more than I let on.

I like that Target requires us to have so many volunteer hours a year, I like that Target welcomes diversity. I like that Target attempts to change things that don't seem to work, to listen to us, to give us a raise, that our CEO took a pay cut. My confession today is that I was ready to defend against someone else putting Target down, so I think the truth is that I really do like Target. Another confession is that I don't think I have the personality for working with so many customers and with so many imperfections in a day. The later is something I will have to work on within myself as nothing is perfect. I hope that we can all find the strength within us that if we hate our jobs and the company so much that we seek employment elsewhere; that if we don't have the mindset to come in to work and try to be polite and try to give our best despite the odds that we look within ourselves and ask what we can do for Target, instead of what Target can do for us.

I do not like looking like an ass, but who does. Maybe, tho, sometimes, we have to look like an ass to grow. I think I have grown a lot at Target because they didn't give up on me.

Thank you so much for shopping with us.
Target does not have a yearly volunteer requirement but they do encourage it.

Sometimes if a guest asks if I work for Target when picking ship from store, I tell them I work for a third party fulfillment company, but I'd love to point them in the right direction for what they're looking for or connect them with a Target team member.

Sometimes if a guest asks if I work for Target when picking ship from store, I tell them I work for a third party fulfillment company, but I'd love to point them in the right direction for what they're looking for or connect them with a Target team member.
Did that so much during Q4 when we were allowed to wear street clothes.

I really don't enjoy training new team members. I'm shy, introverted, have the social acumen of a turnip and I'm just...not good with new people. Given how much my store is hiring now, and likely will be through the holidays, the odds are good I will spend a lot of time training new team members, and I'm really dreading it.

This job was supposed to be the no-responsibility job that didn't require large quantities of mental or social effort, as my day job has plenty of that, and I'm not thrilled about the change. But there isn't really anyone else to do it, for now, and I'd (rightfully) look like a total asshole if I refused to pair with new team members.

But I don't like it.

I just don't like how we get zero warning about there being a new TM to train. Having a plan for the day then having to throw it out the window because I'm playing preschool teacher to a new TM kind of sucks.

I just don't like how we get zero warning about there being a new TM to train. Having a plan for the day then having to throw it out the window because I'm playing preschool teacher to a new TM kind of sucks.
Check your TL’s desk in clerical from time to time to see if there’s any training schedules for new TMs posted there and check who’s name is listed on the shift if there are any. Used to have the same complaint but that gave me the ability to prepare a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back