Archived Target Site to store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard of this, supplies start coming in mid September and all stores go live I believe mid Oct. From what I have read on this it will be a nightmare logistically speaking, and right in time for 4th quarter, oh boy. Like we need more to worry about during 4th quarter.

This is the first I've heard of this. I already have a headache thinking about it though...

If anything like Walmarts, it will be a customer service fail. Some orders work. Other orders get lost or people have hard times returning stuff.

Anyone heard of this, supplies start coming in mid September and all stores go live I believe mid Oct. From what I have read on this it will be a nightmare logistically speaking, and right in time for 4th quarter, oh boy. Like we need more to worry about during 4th quarter.

You didn't hear it from me.

Phase 1: Order on Target.com, selected In-store pick-up.
Phase 2: Order on Target.com, selected Store ships to customer.
Phase 3: Target.com Site-to-store.
Phase 5: Store-to-store ordering.
Phase ???: ?
Phase ???: ?

Screen-Shot-2012-03-30-at-3.15.38-AM-1024x7591.jpg

Phase 1 has been in pilot for the past several months, exclusively to all exempt TM's in Minnesota stores. Phase 1 becomes Guest-Facing next month, good luck to all stores.

Last edited:
My store is a pilot for this, so far (from what I've heard) its been alright. It makes me feel sorry for the backroom team members.

I feel bad for my store when this happens, we are so far behind on everything else there are pallets EVERYWHERE in recieving which makes pulls hard enough to do I dont know where they will stage everything for this around the rest of the mess (un-worked freight, un-marked clearance, backstock waiting for somebody to have time to do it, etc)

Phase 3: Order on Target.com, selected Store ships to customer.

?! Isn't that what DCs are for?

You have to admit, this will save a sh** ton on shipping costs for the company. Target is already taking a loss on shipping costs to compete with others such as Amazon.

Let's say you go on Target.com and order a playstation 3. You live in Florida. The nearest DC that has it in stock is in Colorado.... which makes more sense? Paying UPS or whoever 5X more in shipping to send it across states to get to Florida, or having your local store that is 10 miles away ship it at the in-city rate for 5X less?

I remember back in the early days where stores would do store-to-store transfers. It was mainly for bulky or big ticket items. But It was so annoying, because the item would be hauled to the loading dock, then eventually it was put on a trailer returning to the DC. Then it would moved to a trailer, if it had room, going to the other store.

If the item was small enough and close enough, ETL would take the item off store counts and drive to the other store. Or ship it third party.

This is the Flexible Fulfillment process, as I understand it:

1. Guest shops for items on Target.com
2. "Pick-up in store" option is displayed for eligible items (items stores carry)
3. Guest will choose location to pick up items, which then confirms availability at that store.
4. Not long after the guest completes the order (without paying), the BR TM is alerted on an LPDA that an FF batch is ready to be pulled.
5. BR TM pulls item(s), labels with portable printer, and places in Holding area. (not sure if it will be located/STO'd in the holding area)
6. Later, the guest comes in and goes to the service desk to pick up their order.
7. GS TM completes guest's transaction on an iPad Mini.
8. BR TM (or possibly SF TMs) are asked to bring up items from Holding area.
9. Guest is given the item(s) they ordered.

- Items are held in the holding area for 2-3 days. If after that time the items are not picked up, the order is cancelled and items are backstocked. I'm not sure about that process yet.

I'm interested to see how this works out, our store is pretty high for online sales in our area.

I doubt my store will have a FF Captain. MySupport will probably issue a message 2 days before it starts, reminding us about it, and my store will scramble to get things together.

If this really takes off, is Target going to allocate extra hours to accommodate for this additional process the BR team has to deal with?

I think we have some room by the baler, they'll just have to put the hanger bins at the top. I guess we'll need some wacos too. Probably have some room in the electronics stockroom too. Our location accuracy is pretty bad though, but usually ghosts not baffles.

Oh, dear God no.....

I don't even know where in the hell we would make a holding area at my store. The only areas in our backroom that are light at the moment are the ones that are going to be filled to the brim in 2 months.

is Target going to allocate extra hours to accommodate for this additional process the BR team has to deal with?

Target....allocate extra hours....does not compute.

2. "Pick-up in store" option is displayed for eligible items (items stores carry)
3. Guest will choose location to pick up items, which then confirms availability at that store.
4. Not long after the guest completes the order (without paying), the BR TM is alerted on an LPDA that an FF batch is ready to be pulled.
5. BR TM pulls item(s), labels with portable printer, and places in Holding area. (not sure if it will be located/STO'd in the holding area)
6. Later, the guest comes in and goes to the service desk to pick up their order.

This actually doesn't sound too bad.

This is the Flexible Fulfillment process, as I understand it:

- Items are held in the holding area for 2-3 days. If after that time the items are not picked up, the order is cancelled and items are backstocked. I'm not sure about that process yet.

This sounds right, I think the product is still located in the "holding area", the backroom has to sign in to pda as FF to get the alerts and not only do they get an alert that their is an order to pull, they get the alert that the guest is in store and paid. Then to go pull the product from the holding area.

I think the fun part is where it talks about pulling hanging Softlines off the floor and to follow the adjacency map to find stuff on the floor?? Don't know about yalls store but Softlines is worst maze ever, I can never find anything over there, never where it says it should be and half of its not even set on the floor.

Finally. Target.com's shipping is the worst. Never ordered anything from there until I got the redcard because of it. It'd probably be nice to order stuff and pick it up on my 15 or before/after clocking in.

My only issue with this is will they make the count for what we have in stock update more frequently then? I can't tell you how many times people come in and tell me that Target.com says we have an item in stock when we have actually sold out of it, usually earlier that day.

My only issue with this is will they make the count for what we have in stock update more frequently then? I can't tell you how many times people come in and tell me that Target.com says we have an item in stock when we have actually sold out of it, usually earlier that day.
I thought of that too because our counts are always off. And usually not in the negatives, it often says we have 1-5 more of something than we actually have. What I'm guessing is that it will either grab one from a backroom location OR just get a shipment from the DC which then gets placed in the holding area. I doubt this initiative will be relying on the On Hands because it is one of the most inaccurate numbers in any store.

This actually doesn't sound too bad.
In theory, it doesn't. Unfortunately, spot can take the most crystalline of processes & totally f**k them up.
@ Doxie & VibeNup: It would be workable as long as the holding area items aren't included in the store counts until the order is cancelled & returned to backstock but I'm pretty sure that won't be how it works.

oh lord this is gonna be a nightmare for my store where would we store all the crap plus our counts are usually off. as for extra hours HA yeah right HQ will just expect us to do what we usually do to the maximum with the bare minimum and get screamed at by guests. this should be interesting to say the very least.

I see the times the guests will be coming in to get their items - 1) Right at the top of the hour when CAFS drop 2) When I am standing on top of a ladder with both of my arms full 3) When I am at the greatest distance in the store from the storage area, and of course 4) When no one is in the backroom to get their items.....

So guests don't have to pay? It's annoying enough to have reserved items sit in receiving for a week, I can't imagine where this hold area will be and how accountable people will be to actually re-backstock after the 48 hours. And yeah, what about bad counts?

Wow I think our BR will explode. Our BR day people are all 60+, cranky and don't move very fast. They both have to do the CAFs to get them done and they never get finished with the POGS etc in time to do any backstocking at all. Our BR is always a huge mess, I cant even imagine what this would do especially 4th Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back