Target switching to BCBS for health insurance.

United is expensive. I have the lowest plan my company carries and still have to pay $80 for a sick visit

Hopefully, it will be better. I am already rationing my care and forgoing care for non-emergency health conditions.

Will the well being dollars rewards transfer if not used by 3/31.??!
Usually have some roll over. Loosing it would hurt.
I’m not referring to the optional additional health flex savings account that one (by law) is allowed to keep $500 if not used ny the end of the plan year, but
the rewards for healthy actions.😞

Last edited:
We had blue cross for a while back in the day. It is a NIGHTMARE for people with chronic issues and disabilities. They refused to pay for things. Blamed us for not warning them we were using them. Charged us way to much for being comoletely useless. My dad dropped it damned quick afrernall the games they played. Not a fan and will never use them again. I will fie first thanks. And yes I am personally furious and bitter towards them. No one screws with my family and gets forgiven for it. Ever.
Now. I need coffee.

I've never had a problem with BCBS, but I have it through my other job and I have a no deductible required plan.

Didn't have any issue with BCBS at my last job, but that was over a decade ago... so who knows now. As long as they continue paying for my insulin

I just saw this announcement on the Pay and Benefits site. Does anyone know if we'll still be using Delta for dental? My PCP, optometrist and psychiatrist appear to be in network with BCBS so no worries there but I have no idea about my dentist.

I am also curious about our Alight accounts...

No problems when I had BCBS a few years ago. Back in the 80s, when I worked for an HMO, they had a really bad rep, in my state anyway, for dragging their feet on paying claims. Got so bad that doctors stopped taking patients with their coverage. Think it spurred them to clean up their act somewhat.

I just signed up for the United one a few days ago because I had a life change, lol. I picked the one with the higher premium because I need prescription coverage, and there's no way I'd reach the deductible by April.

But I hear good things about BCBS.

Will the well being dollars rewards transfer if not used by 3/31.??!
Usually have some roll over. Loosing it would hurt.
I’m not referring to the optional additional health flex savings account that one (by law) is allowed to keep $500 if not used ny the end of the plan year, but
the rewards for healthy actions.😞
I checked with chat at pay and benefits and they said as long as we enroll into the HRA the account dollars will rollover. They didn't seem super positive at first but he checked with a supervisor and confirmed they would. I didn't want to lose out on the cash either.

I checked with chat at pay and benefits and they said as long as we enroll into the HRA the account dollars will rollover. They didn't seem super positive at first but he checked with a supervisor and confirmed they would. I didn't want to lose out on the cash either.
Thanks it is in a summary on the pay and benefits site now as well!

Maybe I’ll login to UHC on 3/31 or thereabouts and print out a doc that show’s remaining funds

Attachments

• 557D1519-2EC9-40CD-84CA-AEFF30D02381.jpeg
    557D1519-2EC9-40CD-84CA-AEFF30D02381.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Back