Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, we all know Target has a million different terms and sayings to match nearly every word in the dictionary. And most of them I can live with. But there are some that make me want to scream every time I hear them. So, I want to know...what term makes you shudder and want to rebel against every time you hear it?

I'll start:

"Finish the day."

Ugh...I do finish the day every damn day at midnight. Then a new day begins, no matter what I did or did not accomplish the day before.

Opportunity/Strengths - Not exactly created by Target, but they overuse these words.
Vibe it - Instead of saying "yeah, go ahead and change the price/put the item on hold/accept the coupon" I hear "vibe it!"
Resilient/adaptable - Again not terms created by Target, but I hear them everyday I work.

The one thing that annoys me is when TMs talk to customers in Target lingo.
Customer: "Do you have X item?"
Team member: "Yeah that item is in domestics. It's past softlines and it's somewhat close to seasonal. It should be on a sidecap by the back endcap.
Now if you gave me the DPCI I could tell you the exact location, I would just have to get my PDA. Wait you want to price match that item too?
Let me ask my LOD or my GSTL."

My favorite Target term is QMOS. I just like the sound of it. QMOS.

I've heard "opportunity" used in other jobs, but never nearly to the overkill Spot does!
It's so funny that when they tell us that someone is no longer working at Target they always use the phrase "seeking other opportunities". Really? Are they going to other places of business to identify their problems?
(We always know that those are folks that did not leave voluntarily.)

"Can I help you find something?" Proper English will tell you "May I help you find something?"

This. Using "can" is not necessarily grammatically incorrect, but it's the wrong question. If you use "can," you're asking the guest whether or not you have the ability to help them rather than their permission.

POG - because I think of the milkcap craze...it just doesn't sound right.

Is it Plano or Presentation team? Nobody knows what I'm talking about when they ask what I do.

"Expect More, Pay Less" - we know what you really think, Target...

They keep trying to resuscitate power hour at my store. Thank God the term "get appy" did not carry over. I always felt like I was supposed to be in a really bad Partridge Family episode when I saw that.

"Can I help you find something?" Proper English will tell you "May I help you find something?"

Perhaps they took grammar lessons from the people at AOL. "You've got mail." You have got mail??

"Brand" - Some of us have ran a pool on how many times that word would be said during a huddle.
"Vibe" - rapidly overtaking "brand" on how much we hear it.
"CIHYFS" - No guest wants to hear the same phrase over and over and over while shopping. A friendly acknowledgment of any sort accomplishes the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back