Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys get the 'what is your location within Target?' stuff ... as if someone is going to respond from the Home Depot?

Also ... do you get the 'I'm in section F as in Fahrenheit.' things out of people trying to sound intelligent for no functional reason at all?

Well, the smart ones don't answer from the restroom in my store. It's the ETLs. lol

At my store you either don't get an answer or someone else will say, "they are off stage." Good enough.

Do you guys get the 'what is your location within Target?' stuff ... as if someone is going to respond from the Home Depot?

Also ... do you get the 'I'm in section F as in Fahrenheit.' things out of people trying to sound intelligent for no functional reason at all?
Better than:

TM A: what's your location, TM B?
TM B: I'm in B9.
TM A: is that B or C?
TM B: B as in bat.

Let me tell you, bat and cat sound a lot alike on the Walkie!

I say basement or nothing at all if in the bathroom.

Oh lord, forever with the 'we got this.'....

'WTG TEAM' ... yawn
'That's the way to start it off' .... yep, we hired a cheerleader.
We had "we got this & 1.64" painted on the wall near the breakroom at my store. Finally, last week it got painted over. Whew!

When I have a walkie and go to the restroom I just turn the walkie off. They'll just have to wait for a few minutes.....because which is worse (on the walkie) someone calling for you in the bathroom or having to answer while you're on the toilet?

So....turn the walkie off...unless you are the LOD and there are no other ETLs in the building they can get along without you for a moment or 2.

Our SFT responded on walkie from the home improvement store in the plaza across the street (probably 1/8 mi away) recently.

Our SFT responded on walkie from the home improvement store in the plaza across the street (probably 1/8 mi away) recently.

Ghost SFT :p

Why is it a item that is kept being put on "Temporary Price Cut" if it goes on price cut every time...lol should be a sign just for that

I don't really have anything to add because I detest almost all of the terms I've heard at Spot but I want to say I laughed while reading this discussion. A lot. Thank you. ;)

Reactions: NOP
SAP - only because nobody calls it S.A.P. They say "Sap" as in tree sap.

I preferred saying TIPP..."I'm ordering stuff from tip." Rolls off the tongue better than "I'm ordering from sap."

46776443.jpg

How about "Code 1" for a backup at the registers? I know codes Red, Yellow, & Green. I never read about "Code 1" in any training manual. It drives me crazy!

Safeness & Safety were explained to me like this: Safety is how safe the store actually is (reducing the number of injuries/incidents); Safeness is how safe the store appears to be to the guest (well lit parking lot, TPS presence, etc.)

How about "Code 1" for a backup at the registers? I know codes Red, Yellow, & Green. I never read about "Code 1" in any training manual. It drives me crazy!
Stores have their own unique codes that they create for different situations. Different cultures and groups come up with different ways to describe things. My store has a few, but I hesitate to use them here because they are location specific. The only official codes in stores are the three you listed. I know my district office has a few extra codes, as well. It all depends on the people. My store has never used code 1, they always just call for a backup cashier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back