Archived Target to remove Gender Based Labeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little sister had an Easy Bake oven (plastic/metal box w/a bulb).
I had the Incredible Edibles set. It was a small round hot plate with a lid.
You squeezed flavored liquid gel into molds & baked them.
Sister did cakes; I did edible insects :D

I honestly haven't seen it (3 day weekend), so maybe I'm underestimating how different it is.

I know where shopkinz are though. I told the TL who was doing the revision to tell me the location of them as soon as she knew lol and she came through. E37 in my store haha.

Fun fact: Every time I've ever pushed anything on the sales floor, if I see something labeled "girls" and "boys" (such as the Up & Up-banded Band-Aid ripoffs), I go out of my way to switch the stock into the "wrong" one. Or shuffle them together.

Fun fact: Every time I've ever pushed anything on the sales floor, if I see something labeled "girls" and "boys" (such as the Up & Up-banded Band-Aid ripoffs), I go out of my way to switch the stock into the "wrong" one. Or shuffle them together.

Can you do literally everybody in your store a favor and not intentionally mess up sales floor locations thanks

This is an epic fail. Put aside the politics of it and just think of how frustrating this will be for guests. They will be bugging sales floor team members even more. Guests want to be able to find things that they want to buy with ease. This just makes it more difficult for everyone.

They got rid of the gender branding for toys in England, Norway, Sweden, and France years ago.
They seem to be doing fine with it.
Are you say Americans are stupider than Europeans?

More political correct nonsense... Seriously I don't think we're being insensitive if we consider Barbie's for GIRLS..... Jesus.

What are people going to whine about next.

They got rid of the gender branding for toys in England, Norway, Sweden, and France years ago.
They seem to be doing fine with it.
Are you say Americans are stupider than Europeans?

I'm sure they're doing fine with it considering it doesn't matter either way. I just think you don't need to fix something if it isn't broken.

More political correct nonsense... Seriously I don't think we're being insensitive if we consider Barbie's for GIRLS..... Jesus.

What are people going to whine about next.

I'm sure they're doing fine with it considering it doesn't matter either way. I just think you don't need to fix something if it isn't broken.

Since you're not a parent you've never had to deal with these issues but I'll say there are problems.
It didn't used to be like this.
Legos didn't used to be divided into boys sets and girls sets it was just Legos.
This has gotten to be a real issue the past twenty years of so.
When I was a kid there wasn't this bizarre breakdown of everything for girls being pink and boys being blue like it is now.
They have to slap Disney princesses on everything for girls, etc.
I bought firetrucks and dolls for my daughters/.
And guns and knives.

It's not about intelligence. It's giving ant workers or minions aka Target team members more work that they don't need. I just wish the corporate assholes that come up with these ideas would be forced to work on the sales floor and see how they like it.

I don't think it's sexist to separate items by gender. It's all about marketing. Some items are marketed and presented for one gender. Transformers, TMNT, and GI Joe are marketed and presented for boys. Frozen and Bratz and those vampire/goth looking Barbie doll figures(I honestly don't get the appeal but it's 2015 and anything goes) are marketed and designed for girls. Why is it this way? Because the companies that make the stupid toys know that parents will buy Transformers for their sons and Frozen(the movie is almost 2 years, maybe we should let it go, let it go) shit for their daughters(cue John Mayer's song "daughters).

It's not about intelligence. It's giving ant workers or minions aka Target team members more work that they don't need. I just wish the corporate assholes that come up with these ideas would be forced to work on the sales floor and see how they like it.

I don't think it's sexist to separate items by gender. It's all about marketing. Some items are marketed and presented for one gender. Transformers, TMNT, and GI Joe are marketed and presented for boys. Frozen and Bratz and those vampire/goth looking Barbie doll figures(I honestly don't get the appeal but it's 2015 and anything goes) are marketed and designed for girls. Why is it this way? Because the companies that make the stupid toys know that parents will buy Transformers for their sons and Frozen(the movie is almost 2 years, maybe we should let it go, let it go) shit for their daughters(cue John Mayer's song "daughters).

But that's the point, they don't have to be.
If little Johnny likes frelling musicals he should be able to buy Frozen stuff without people saying it's girls stuff and Mary wants to be an engineer someday and build killer robots she should be able to buy Transformers without people giving her shit about it.
There should be boys toys and girls toys.
There should be just toys that kids like to play with.

Frelling?

Nothing wrong with liking musicals. I was just stating that we live on a planet in which marketing is mostly marketed, designed, and presented for two genders. It's just the way it is. And of course, there are products that are marketed toward both genders.

This is pretty cool, but it seems pointless when manufactures are still making products that are obviously gender stereotyped. If you put all the legos down one aisle, you'll still have a blatant girl section of products.

How are they going to organize Toys then? By age? Or type?

Why is this such a big deal? We're in the business of selling things, not telling people who should play with what or sleep on which sheets. If Mr. Jones doesn't want little Sally to play with hot wheels, that's on him and we shouldn't be an influence in the decision.

I played with a lot of my brother's toys when he wasn't around because they were more interesting than the barbies, etc that my sisters & I had.
When he outgrew them, I got his Lincoln logs & Legos.
Wouldn't give me his GI Joe, tho.
Joe could move a lot more ways than Ken ever could ;)

I see some people are looking past the "labels" and are blaming manufacturers for making such gender stereotypical toys. Who cares? If girls like boy toys they can go buy boy toys. Most girls like dolls and stuff, boys like legos and action figures.. Sure there are exceptions, but there's a reason stereotypes exist.

Manufacturers aren't going to make toys for the opposite gender (ex: dolls for boys) if there isn't a demand for them -- why waste money just to please the PC crowd?

I think people are making a big deal out of nothing (as usual).

A TM posted this on Facebook and one of the replies was:

That's so stupid!!! What is this world coming to? First Bruce Jenner becomes Caitlyn, then gay marriage is legalized now Target is removing gender roles from its store. Come the fuck on! I'm done.

YEAH! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO??!? WHAT THE HELL IS TBE WORLD COMNUNG TOO??!?!? IT'S THE END TIMES!!!! WHAT'S NEXT, CITIES WILL PAINT RAINBOW CROSSWALKS AND HANG GAY STREET SIGNS? OH WAIT

rainbow-sidewalks-680uw.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :p

Oh, plus I'm a gay dude that works with kids from ~4 years old to 15. OH THE HORROR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back